Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/158-commercial-content)
-   -   Silent Service Method (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/155431-silent-service-method)

clockwork71 Nov 13, 2019 1:03pm | Post# 16061

{quote} This forum does really attract some "relentless" types. It's a shame because most of the wisest commentary that I have read has been written by individuals who have ended being hounded out. I've enjoyed your posts Chris and am still working through some of the older ones. Can I ask where you post or share your content these days? I would love to keep following. Thanks for your time Atheos
I am an analyst on some of the largest web sites in the world. I do a lot at Daily Forex and FX Empire.

I only do analysis there though, not much else - it pays the bills so to speak. Its my day job if you will.

As far as the relentless types, I recognize the frustration. I was there once as well - and sometimes am still with the fucking futures markets.....all machine noise over there. The frustration comes down to people selling a lot of shit online, and the guy that I iggied has certainly ran across it. Funny thing is, I have a trade room, that's a hobby more than anything else. Its a way to leverage my time as I am sitting watching the markets anyway. I think I made about 400 USD last month. That's it. It is more or less a way to connect with other traders.

The rest is through funded Forex and Futures accounts, and of course my job as an analyst. There are a lot of bullshitters online, and to be honest - if I had the time, I would redo this entire thread. I have learned so much since writing most of this....there are a whole hosts of tidbits I have picked up along the way....

Chris

FXcreeper Nov 14, 2019 3:26am | Post# 16062

{quote} I am an analyst on some of the largest web sites in the world. I do a lot at Daily Forex and FX Empire. I only do analysis there though, not much else - it pays the bills so to speak. Its my day job if you will. As far as the relentless types, I recognize the frustration. I was there once as well - and sometimes am still with the fucking futures markets.....all machine noise over there. The frustration comes down to people selling a lot of shit online, and the guy that I iggied has certainly ran across it. Funny thing is, I have a trade...
Is your trading room open to newtraders? if yes, then how can we subscribe?

profbets Nov 14, 2019 7:45am | Post# 16063

i am always willing to learn

calderone Nov 24, 2019 11:34am | Post# 16064

{quote} I am an analyst on some of the largest web sites in the world. I do a lot at Daily Forex and FX Empire. I only do analysis there though, not much else - it pays the bills so to speak. Its my day job if you will. As far as the relentless types, I recognize the frustration. I was there once as well - and sometimes am still with the fucking futures markets.....all machine noise over there. The frustration comes down to people selling a lot of shit online, and the guy that I iggied has certainly ran across it. Funny thing is, I have a trade...
Hello old friend......Do it, start a new thread......Silent Service Method 2

We have all evolved over the years. Congratulations to you by the way. I know you've paid your dues over the years.

Mike

clockwork71 Nov 25, 2019 11:48pm | Post# 16065

{quote} Hello old friend......Do it, start a new thread......Silent Service Method 2 We have all evolved over the years. Congratulations to you by the way. I know you've paid your dues over the years. Mike
Thanks mate. I might, but when I think about how long it takes.....ugh. Its like another job to get something like this rolling again.

Chris

GMD Nov 26, 2019 6:13am | Post# 16066

{quote} Hello old friend......Do it, start a new thread......Silent Service Method 2 We have all evolved over the years. Congratulations to you by the way. I know you've paid your dues over the years. Mike
I am on!

GMD Dec 12, 2019 10:22pm | Post# 16067

{quote} Thanks mate. I might, but when I think about how long it takes.....ugh. Its like another job to get something like this rolling again. Chris
It is a lot of work for sure! But just so you know, I learned so much from this thread, it would be awesome to learn from you again after so many years that you started this thread!

I am still very thankful for your effort and hard work buddy!

Regards,
Will

clockwork71 Dec 19, 2019 2:03pm | Post# 16068

{quote} It is a lot of work for sure! But just so you know, I learned so much from this thread, it would be awesome to learn from you again after so many years that you started this thread! I am still very thankful for your effort and hard work buddy! Regards, Will
Are you kidding me? A new thread wouldn't get anywhere. Nobody wants the truth, they want the dream.

That is basically what I have learned over the last decade or so. Oh, that and most people are liars in this business.

BTW, 1.30 could possibly offer a floor for GBP/USD.....we will see.

Chris

clockwork71 Dec 24, 2019 10:34am | Post# 16069

For what its worth, my favorite currency for 2020 is AUD.

Atheos Jan 5, 2020 10:38am | Post# 16070

For what its worth, my favorite currency for 2020 is AUD.
What makes you say that Chris?

clockwork71 Jan 5, 2020 11:26am | Post# 16071

{quote} What makes you say that Chris?
monthly charts more than anything else.
will pullback due to risk aversion this week, but eventually buyers will return.
i am going long and adding for next two years i think. could change, but at the moment its the plan.
if us/china calm down - it goes higher. much higher.

Atheos Jan 7, 2020 8:15am | Post# 16072

{quote} monthly charts more than anything else. will pullback due to risk aversion this week, but eventually buyers will return. i am going long and adding for next two years i think. could change, but at the moment its the plan. if us/china calm down - it goes higher. much higher.
So you're taking a long bias and then looking for price action to present buying opportunities on the daily/weekly?

InfinitySL Mar 7, 2020 5:32pm | Post# 16073

Longer term chart on gold. I thought interesting. {image}
Gold up 18% from when we both said gold was looking primed to outperform. Given current market conditions, I wouldn't sell an ounce and I'm looking for a pullback to add on. I have a feeling the selloffs will be shallow in the yellow metal. Rates heading to zero and money about to be printed like you wouldn't believe.

Of course maybe i should stock up on rice & toilet paper instead, lol

clockwork71 Mar 7, 2020 5:42pm | Post# 16074

{quote} Gold up 18% from when we both said gold was looking primed to outperform. Given current market conditions, I wouldn't sell an ounce and I'm looking for a pullback to add on. I have a feeling the selloffs will be shallow in the yellow metal. Rates heading to zero and money about to be printed like you wouldn't believe. Of course maybe i should stock up on rice & toilet paper instead, lol
No doubt. I have been holding for a minute now in a prop account. Gold will eventually hit 1800.....

InfinitySL Mar 7, 2020 11:08pm | Post# 16075

1 Attachment(s)
What we should have bought was Paladium. Take a look at that freight train...
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-03-07_Palladium.png
Size: 221 KB

shaun520 Apr 24, 2020 1:04am | Post# 16076

Hi All,

Just came across this thread. Just starting out in my first 6 months. I think I may have found gold with this thread so early in my trading adventures. Big thanks to CW for hanging in there for 11 years. Im currently on page 28. So should see you all in about a 2 or 3 months. Looking forward to it.

Shaun

InfinitySL Jun 3, 2020 2:20pm | Post# 16077

Hi All, Just came across this thread. Just starting out in my first 6 months. I think I may have found gold with this thread so early in my trading adventures. Big thanks to CW for hanging in there for 11 years. Im currently on page 28. So should see you all in about a 2 or 3 months. Looking forward to it. Shaun
Welcome Shaun (I'm Sean, but to each his own lol)

I too found this thread incredibly useful and over the years have gotten to know Chris a bit better although him being in Ohio and myself being in NJ we're not going to be grabbing beers anytime soon (but i might owe him one). In any event, as you go through the thread just think about how your own methods/ways of trading may differ from the trades put on here. I know that some folks prefer different time frames over others and different products. Myself I prefer to stocks to forex nowadays but i trade pretty much anything.

Anyway, welcome to the thread!

© Forex Factory