Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Fib 4Hour MTF Moving Average (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=149508)

robby2007 Feb 25, 2009 7:58am | Post# 241

thx for ur idea, another thing, how to know the trend? do u use dailyor visual or higher highs?

would like to trade wif the trend
Use the MTF moving average that will give you an idea of the current daily trend...

WedWed Feb 25, 2009 10:35am | Post# 242

Hello Jin, it is amazing, it has been two weeks that i have been sleeping all night and now i canīt wake up to trade LOL, well use the pivots to see if there are any overlapping fibs, also the supply/demand levels helps you get out or in, the same, if there is any near the fibs or get out in this levels
regards
Robby
Hi my friend
hope to explain with the pictures to us how you use the pivots to see if there are any overlapping fibs,
it will be very useful

thanx

robby2007 Feb 25, 2009 12:34pm | Post# 243

1 Attachment(s)
Hi my friend
hope to explain with the pictures to us how you use the pivots to see if there are any overlapping fibs,
it will be very useful

thanx
Hope this pic helps my friend
Click to Enlarge

Name: GU example.jpg
Size: 144 KB

forexlearner Feb 25, 2009 11:07pm | Post# 244

thx robby. i c u use moving average.

but take gbpjpy for eg. on the daily, it seeems to be bullish. wat do u think?

robby2007 Mar 1, 2009 7:30pm | Post# 245

thx robby. i c u use moving average.

but take gbpjpy for eg. on the daily, it seeems to be bullish. wat do u think?
Yes, according to the Moving average we are in an uptrend on GJ

Superscalper Mar 7, 2009 4:42pm | Post# 246

HOW it gooing? any new trade?

just curios :-D

WedWed Mar 8, 2009 11:46am | Post# 247

Hope this pic helps my friend

thanks soo much its clear for me

pipchaser1 Mar 9, 2009 12:05am | Post# 248

hi robby
newbie here.....i could not bring up your pivot point info...any other way i can find pivot points...still having hard time understand this.....

ps...my moving average doesn't look like yours....my is a smooth line ...
thanks for all your help...you have been great!!!

in gb trade at the moment....+12

Jrex Apr 2, 2009 1:42am | Post# 249

Hell0 all, Excited to try this on a demo account

kissaki Jan 15, 2010 1:17am | Post# 250

hi any one still following this method?

robby2007 Jan 16, 2010 1:06pm | Post# 251

I am

hi any one still following this method?
Hey, yes i am still following the method, but there is no postings here, if you like add me on Skype, my nick is lorito2000

lgtj Jan 16, 2010 3:29pm | Post# 252

Hey, yes i am still following the method, but there is no postings here, if you like add me on Skype, my nick is lorito2000
Hey robby, nice method. Count me in.

lgtj Jan 18, 2010 10:50am | Post# 253

2 Attachment(s)
Hey robby, check these out. Thanks to your method.
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdcad 4h.gif
Size: 31 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdchf 4h.gif
Size: 31 KB

robby2007 Jan 19, 2010 2:56pm | Post# 254

Hey robby, check these out. Thanks to your method.
Attachment 394211
Attachment 394212
Good Job my friend, keep it up...

pilotui Jan 19, 2010 4:29pm | Post# 255

Interesting

I like this approach.

albertsy2 Jan 19, 2010 11:52pm | Post# 256

Hi Robby, thanks for sharing. Can this work on the daily chart (with a weekly pivot and monthly pivot)?

Alexone Jan 20, 2010 7:58am | Post# 257

Hello! This is my 1st post here and im a newbie in Forex. I have been 'trading', if you want to call it that, for 1 month in a demo account without any success. I've come to the conclusion that templates that look like christmas trees arent much help. Your system looks interesting but i can't quite figure it out yet. For instance, let's take EUR/USD. Right now the pair is going downward and the slope of the 50mtf ma is down. Is your system suggesting that we wait for a retrace to 38.2 or 61.8 and then get in with another sell?

What happens if it retraces quickly to 61.8 and then retraces back to a 38.2 level of the new (bullish) wave? Do you take the long instead? It is against the trend but the 50mtf ma is far away and you took a similar position in one of your examples earlier in this thread. I still dont understand this part. Thank you!

robby2007 Jan 21, 2010 12:09am | Post# 258

Hi Robby, thanks for sharing. Can this work on the daily chart (with a weekly pivot and monthly pivot)?
Hi, i trust fibs on almost any chart, well from 1H up, so i guess i does work on daily also

robby2007 Jan 21, 2010 12:14am | Post# 259

Hello! This is my 1st post here and im a newbie in Forex. I have been 'trading', if you want to call it that, for 1 month in a demo account without any success. I've come to the conclusion that templates that look like christmas trees arent much help. Your system looks interesting but i can't quite figure it out yet. For instance, let's take EUR/USD. Right now the pair is going downward and the slope of the 50mtf ma is down. Is your system suggesting that we wait for a retrace to 38.2 or 61.8 and then get in with another sell?

What happens if...
Well, good question, i think a trendline drawn on the daily chart would help you on your desition, i always use the last swing on the 4H, but when the trend is so strong i rather just go with the main trend which is now down on EURUSD, so wait for the price to approach the 38.2 or maybe even more, 50% 61.8% and i would go short, not telling you guys to take the trade blindly, just my thoughts, hope it helps

kevman Jan 23, 2010 3:11pm | Post# 260

Thanks robby for sharing your trading method. I'm a new member here on forex factory and I been trading forex for about a year now. But I never really took the Fibonacci levels seriously. But now using them on my charts, its really an eye opener. I'm pretty excited myself. I'm doing some demo trading right now, I'll post my results. Thanks robby (and everyone else too).

kevman

© Forex Factory