Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Forex Intrday Volume Trading System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=146436)

chrys Jan 26, 2009 8:11am | Post# 161

Hello ea pro..
I like to think volume on forex.
I download your indicator in chart whit my current trading system and i saw your indicator can draw good dinamic support/resistance levels.
Is much interesting how the price work around this zone.
Thank you for share your hard work..

EAprogrammer Jan 26, 2009 10:02am | Post# 162

Hello ea pro..
I like to think volume on forex.
I download your indicator in chart whit my current trading system and i saw your indicator can draw good dinamic support/resistance levels.
Is much interesting how the price work around this zone.
Thank you for share your hard work..
By watching the buy and sell volume around the Max Sell or Max Buy level will understand more about their potential movement.
Currently, you have to stare at the top-left corner of the screen and look at them as the price level changes.

Some observations:
1) When current price level is lower than MB and MS, price level with more sell volume than buy volume will become resistance. Once open and close above those price levels mean bullish;

2) When Max Sell level and Max Buy level are in 2 separate price levels (at least 30 pips), you will want to wait until they move back together and action on the direction of the move. ie. MS@123.00, MB@123.50 and been in this setup for a while ( time doesn't matter ), and suddendly, MB moves to 123.00 area means enough buy volumes accumlated and ready to go up;

This is quite a challenge to code these concepts into EA but I am trying.

chrys Jan 26, 2009 10:11am | Post# 163

is better run this indicator 24 h or refresh at 00 gmt.
Thank you

EAprogrammer Jan 26, 2009 10:18am | Post# 164

is better run this indicator 24 h or refresh at 00 gmt.
Thank you
Just keep it runing 24/7 and indicator will automatically reset at 000GMT.

chrys Jan 27, 2009 3:28pm | Post# 165

Hi EApro,
can you make sound and pop up allert when the levels change on good set up?
Why i dont see yellow and blu line?
Thank you...

EAprogrammer Jan 27, 2009 3:55pm | Post# 166

Since I am still trying to setup automated, so the yellow and blue lines are for studies.

Thanks for your suggestion, and once I established a written entry strategy and I will sure provide them.

chrys Jan 27, 2009 4:12pm | Post# 167

1 Attachment(s)
look what i saw in my chart half hour ago,

The buy and sell level's came on the same level at 1,32720 and left the floating line up this level so the price jump up for 42 pips on 1 min chart than whit no new buy/sell level the price pull back to the start the rally for other pip's.
im impressed
Click to Enlarge

Name: volume test.jpg
Size: 93 KB

EAprogrammer Jan 27, 2009 6:08pm | Post# 168

look what i saw in my chart half hour ago,

The buy and sell level's came on the same level at 1,32720 and left the floating line up this level so the price jump up for 42 pips on 1 min chart than whit no new buy/sell level the price pull back to the start the rally for other pip's.
im impressed
I'm glad you make the point, when price rally or dove, and if no new MB/MS changes, will drop back to when it started.

Happy trading.

RickW00716 Jan 27, 2009 7:39pm | Post# 169

I'm glad you make the point, when price rally or dove, and if no new MB/MS changes, will drop back to when it started.

Happy trading.
When we first start the indicator at 00:00 GMT, the max buy and sell levels stay the same for a while...do we wait until they separate, then come back together before making a trade?

When they come back together do we trade in the direction of which volume is higher(the max buy or max sell)?

Thank you

chrys Jan 28, 2009 6:15am | Post# 170

Hi,
for me you make good work whit new concept for trading volume in forex.
Will be great if you can make some colors for example:
green for buy level,red for sell level and yellow plus allert when buy/sell are in the same level.
Thank you for your hard work

rogerha Jan 29, 2009 1:53pm | Post# 171

This is extremely impressive, and I really like what you have done here EAProgrammer. The ultimate support/resistance ?

Many thanks for your generosity.

neurus Jan 29, 2009 3:48pm | Post# 172

This system seems to be good.
Itīs very logical.
The only way to use the indicator is starting at 0 GMT?
thanks

neurus Jan 30, 2009 1:49pm | Post# 173

what happen with this thread?
the system is not usefull anymore?

RickW00716 Jan 30, 2009 9:35pm | Post# 174

what happen with this thread?
the system is not usefull anymore?
I think that EA Programmer is working on improvements to the indicator.

I would like this thread to continue...great idea!

CA1962 Jan 31, 2009 8:29am | Post# 175

Hi EAprogrammer:

Thanks for sharing your indicator. While I don't fully understand how it works yet, I have some idea. I hope you continue to develop it because I think you have something pretty unique.

Reading through the thread, I think there are quite a few of us here that still don't know exactly what to look for (as far as the various steps involved that lead up to entering a trade). This past Friday, I decided to video tape the indicator in action on the GBP/USD and the GBP/JPY for the entire trading session. This way, I was able to go back and look at the various price and volume levels in real time , watch for the big moves, pause the video, etc... This helped me tremendously. While I don't yet have a full understanding of the indicator, I do believe I have an some idea of what to look for. There's a saying that "A picture is worth a thousand words". Well, if that's true, then a video is worth a million words (or at least a hundred thousand ).

I can continue video taping the sessions and post them here for download if you like? My screen recorder has the ability to record time lapse videos. I currently have it set to record 1 frame every 5 seconds (12 frames per minute) and to play back at 1 frame per second (60 frames per minute). What this means is that you can watch a video in 1/5 of the time -- one hour of real time video can be viewed in 12 minutes, 5 hours can be viewed in one hour, etc... These settings also allow me to keep the video size small.

Anyway, the point is that it may make it easier for others to understand the indicator if they can see a trade "evolve" in real time. I could add a clock to the charts to give exact points of reference and you could use this to comment on the various things to look for leading up to the trade entry. It's just an idea.

If this is something you would like me to do, please let me know. I would just need to know what platform you are using and what currency pair(s) you would like me to video. I would limit the video to no more than 2 currency pairs though, otherwise the charts may be too small.

EAprogrammer, I am willing to help in any way I can. Just let me know if there is anything I can do.

Thanks again for sharing.

Regards,

CA1962

neurus Jan 31, 2009 10:31am | Post# 176

Could you attach the video?
Thanks for your contribution

Hi EAprogrammer:

Thanks for sharing your indicator. While I don't fully understand how it works yet, I have some idea. I hope you continue to develop it because I think you have something pretty unique.

Reading through the thread, I think there are quite a few of us here that still don't know exactly what to look for (as far as the various steps involved that lead up to entering a trade). This past Friday, I decided to video tape the indicator in action on the GBP/USD and the GBP/JPY for the entire trading session. This way, I was able to go back...

RickW00716 Jan 31, 2009 10:37am | Post# 177

Hi EAprogrammer:

Reading through the thread, I think there are quite a few of us here that still don't know exactly what to look for (as far as the various steps involved that lead up to entering a trade). This past Friday, I decided to video tape the indicator in action on the GBP/USD and the GBP/JPY for the entire trading session. This way, I was able to go...
FANTASTIC IDEA!!

CA1962 Jan 31, 2009 11:33am | Post# 178

Could you attach the video?
Thanks for your contribution
Hi Neurus:

After watching yesterday's video (several times), I deleted it. Unfortunately, the idea to post it here as a training tool didn't hit me until this morning. With EAprogrammer's permission, I will begin taping the trading sessions starting Monday and post them here if he say's it's ok.

A full day's video runs about 125 MB (even at the reduced frame rate). From what I see here, the largest size video that can be uploaded as an attachment is 2.86 MB. I can split the video into segments, but still that would be too many segments (approx. 44). What I will do is try to find some sort of file sharing website (preferably free) and upload it there. Then if he wants, EAprogrammer can simply post a link (in the first thread perhaps, where everyone could find it easily in one place) and anyone who wants the daily video could simply go to the link and download it. Again, I would want to first make sure this is something EAprogrammer wants to do.

If anyone reading this post knows of a free file sharing website where I could host the daily videos, please let me know.

CA1962

EAprogrammer Jan 31, 2009 12:37pm | Post# 179

Hi Neurus:

After watching yesterday's video (several times), I deleted it. Unfortunately, the idea to post it here as a training tool didn't hit me until this morning. With EAprogrammer's permission, I will begin taping the trading sessions starting Monday and post them here if he say's it's ok.

A full day's video runs about 125 MB (even at the reduced frame rate). From what I see here, the largest size video that can be uploaded as an attachment is 2.86 MB. I can split the video into segments, but still that would be too many segments (approx....
Good day all,

I don't mind posting videos on trades result from any posted indicator because its now consider public. I am still searching for the different behavior for each pair I tested.

Thanks for interested in the thread

tgiambarberee Jan 31, 2009 1:09pm | Post# 180

Good job

Good day all,

I don't mind posting videos on trades result from any posted indicator because its now consider public. I am still searching for the different behavior for each pair I tested.

Thanks for interested in the thread
Thanks for all the hard work and dedication , Ill be whatching and testing also . Tom

© Forex Factory