Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   4 Hour Strategy (MACD) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=14630)

freedomseeke Feb 18, 2014 11:19am | Post# 27001

{quote} Hey FS. Which post are you referring to? Attached is one of Phillip's calculator spreadsheets but not sure if this is the one you are looking for. {file}
Thank you.

LifesAbeach Feb 18, 2014 11:21am | Post# 27002

3 Attachment(s)
Hey Hey Just some more comments on counter trends.
Just remember that Phillip also said that Double Tops/Bottoms and Head&Shoulder on the MACD are high probability trades even though they are Counter trend trades. So don't forget to search for these patterns on the MACD and don't be afraid to take these trades. Grow a pair and stop being a ....... HAHA
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPCADDT.png
Size: 69 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDUSDHS.png
Size: 67 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDDT.png
Size: 64 KB

LifesAbeach Feb 18, 2014 11:23am | Post# 27003

please respost the link to download this 4H MACD system .
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=14630

dodge_aries Feb 18, 2014 11:30am | Post# 27004

1) Stay off the one minute charts. They don't tell you anything about the trend.
Can I replace this with "Don't try to watch 28 pairs at the same time or you'll miss the obvious signal in the one pair you started with." ? I totally should have seen the TC on the EURUSD, and I'm kicking myself now.

I am learning a lot (By learning, I mean screwing up badly) and I'm SOOO glad I'm learning it with demo money. I reset my demo account and started a new transaction log with the intent of reining myself back in a bit. I thought I was really starting to get it because I was seeing the TCs in the MACD, but I was completely ignoring the market rhythm in relation to the EMAs/SMAs on the main chart. I see what you mean by "It's a long long long road."

I'm gonna post my first chart here some time tomorrow when I have more time. I'm looking forward to learning more from you all as I go.

binnie Feb 18, 2014 1:50pm | Post# 27005

NZDUSD on D1 is having a nice setup at the top of the MACD wave, H4 setup isn't up to scratch as it looks more like Woolfe waves (flat-lining or going up slightly and then sharp drop). USOil/WTI is also having a decent setup on H4, likely to range between 101 & 100 before deciding on the next move. I will add charts later on, feel free to add them yourselves.
Hi Aco,
Good point on the Daily. That level at 0.8370 is pretty tuff resistance. This latest touch & pin/doji followed by strong bear candle on the Daily could possibly indicate a fall back to the 21. You got a nice RT on the daily to add some confirmation . This is purely based on the Rythym of the markets. If I jump back to the H4 chart, I can find the same sort of Rythym - price broke thru the 21 from above - came straight back to touch it exactly then started moving away. Rythym rules say it could be heading towards the 89 ( also happens to be the 21 on the daily ).
Is this what you are seeing ??

binnie Feb 18, 2014 2:01pm | Post# 27006

{quote} Can I replace this with "Don't try to watch 28 pairs at the same time or you'll miss the obvious signal in the one pair you started with." ? I totally should have seen the TC on the EURUSD, and I'm kicking myself now. I am learning a lot (By learning, I mean screwing up badly) and I'm SOOO glad I'm learning it with demo money. I reset my demo account and started a new transaction log with the intent of reining myself back in a bit. I thought I was really starting to get it because I was seeing the TCs in the MACD, but I was completely...
Great step there Dodge - it only gets better too. Can I suggest you start writing your RULES. Keep editing this list for 4-5 weeks until you find when & where you are successful. What market times you have available / what pairs offer the best spreads etc. I too was getting carried away with too many pairs at once - in the end , I was missing too many trades . Info Overload - bad thing. Because I am NZ , my times allow me to concentrate on USD crosses with Aussie/Kiwi/Euro & pound. These 4 charts keep me fully occupied and there is generally 2-3 trades which I can tackle each week. I am still on demo but getting very close to completing my rules ( this has been ongoing since I started on this thread so there is no shortcut I can help you with ).
Keep posting & asking and the family here will certainly help where possible. Sometimes we might be unable to answer your questions but I guarantee that Phillip /Trademin & Nausting are quietly watching and they will step in when we need their help. Keep up the good work.

yaakruay Feb 18, 2014 2:05pm | Post# 27007

{quote} Howdy Partner - I dont do the GJ unfortunately. But still struggling along in my EU from yesterday. Your plan for the AJ to test those highs was perfect. News or not - it don't matter how it gets there , the important thing is your reading of a signal was spot on. ( exactly right to the pip I might add ). Yep - I know too well about watching trades progress without me on board. That is the reason I have dropped back to just 3-4 pairs.

Hey Binnie,

It's hard to keep up with the thread now, new posters, lots of charts and ideas......

You're struggling with an EU trade, they ate me alive last week, so i have changed track this week, U/J and G/U which are treating my a little kinder...there was a nice TC on the EU today, totally ignored by me as i watching the G/U....

I am checking the lowest spreads from my broker and A/U and N/U are okay at 2 pips gold is 5 pips..shocking...

So my favourites now are EU / UJ / G/U A/U and N/U for trading because of the spread...I will monitor other pairs just for experience no trades.

Happy pippin

yaakruay Feb 18, 2014 2:18pm | Post# 27008

{quote} Can I replace this with "Don't try to watch 28 pairs at the same time or you'll miss the obvious signal in the one pair you started with." ? I totally should have seen the TC on the EURUSD, and I'm kicking myself now. I am learning a lot (By learning, I mean screwing up badly) and I'm SOOO glad I'm learning it with demo money. I reset my demo account and started a new transaction log with the intent of reining myself back in a bit. I thought I was really starting to get it because I was seeing the TCs in the MACD, but I was completely...

Have you done any back testing....?

I used to like to print off charts and go over all the possible trades to learn the movements and patterns, i still do sometimes on a Sunday when i can relax and look at H4 print out, looking for TC...

No one can teach you how to learn, you have to figure that out..but in my previous post I said that i missed the same TC (EU) as i watching another currency the GBP/USD as I had targeted that from my analysis in the morning and had a trade going. I really could not do 28 pairs...crikey..that's nuts...but i remember trying to the same and failing...as Binnie said its information overload.

To be honest I am sure I only need 2 or 3 pairs to find a trade per day. But this has come with time and learning to be patient which i am still not.

You cannot do anything that we have not done before or will even do again, so keep posting, for me its like reviewing my own learning or reading my dairy.

Binnie and LaB show trades that could happen with the explanation or plan too..you should pay close attention to these and watch the trades develop, see how they can take hours/day/days.....not minutes..... You can get 3 to 5 or more 4 hour candles showing nothing but spinners (doji) in a row thats equivalent to 1 or 2 whole days and then boom a TC appears.. but you need to be anticipating that and waiting..that is it.

Happy Days

hoseinfx Feb 19, 2014 1:02am | Post# 27009

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi there Hose, Thanks for the chart buddy. I see where you are coming from with your short - Divergence, Resistance at BRN 171.00, Nice PinBar, Watching with interest for you. Might even be the start of my Plan B short setup if it can get a close below the 21ma. Expecting to see a bit of hesitation at the 21 so be careful when it gets there Remember what Phillip tells us about going CT though - only from a serious level ( BRN & upper T/line Resistance area ) and only towards the 21ma and with a minimum 1.5 : 1 RR. On your chart...
Hi Binnie,
thanks for your kind comment and precise attention luckily i survived that by closing it at 170.28. still i am interested on short as you can see on the picture . to me it appears to be an expanding triangle , im expecting two scenarios , if it turns out to be a pattern that continuous the previous major Wave i will be looking for price action confirmations that make me to follow the Plan A. but if I see any strong penetration through the support zone and if i am not stopped out by then! lol i will be keeping some portions of the current trade (Plan B)
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpjpyh4.png
Size: 79 KB

hoseinfx Feb 19, 2014 1:11am | Post# 27010

{quote} What made you trade this pair, was it only from the set up? (my broker is 5 pip spread, expensive for me, i thinks) I have put my idea on the chart which is your plan, purely as a reference for me so i can monitor and learn. I am wanting to see more TC's so i can anticipate them. {image}
Hi Yaakruay,
It is an expensive pair to trade indeed. I would like to draw your attention to my previous post as i have explained my reasons for going short.
tnx

yaakruay Feb 19, 2014 1:43am | Post# 27011

1 Attachment(s)
Cannot check charts today..

So a bit naughty and cheeky..

But have taken this trade live for a bullish move...

happy pippin..

Get that TC...
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2014-02-18_0741.png
Size: 71 KB

dodge_aries Feb 19, 2014 9:13am | Post# 27012

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, time for my first chart...

I saw the TC on the EURGBP this morning, but it wasn't really a TC until the candle was fully formed and had gone all the way up to the 89SMA, which I believe is acting as resistance. I am looking for this weeklong upward trend to continue with another TC or a ZB accompanied by a bounce off of the trendline I drew there, possibly breaking through the 89SMA towards the 200SMA as we approach the weekend.

Comments and criticisms are greatly encouraged.
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurgbp2-19.png
Size: 23 KB

dodge_aries Feb 19, 2014 9:45am | Post# 27013

1 Attachment(s)
Cannot check charts today.. So a bit naughty and cheeky.. But have taken this trade live for a bullish move... happy pippin.. Get that TC... {image}
As a complete side note to your trade (which I hope went well) I noticed that your chart, while similar in nature to mine, is different enough that I checked the symbol three or four times to make sure I was on the right chart. I understand that people in different time zones on different brokers are going to have slightly different charts, but I never considered that the differences would lead to two people looking at the same market getting completely different signals. Look especially at the colors on the MACD and the number of candles that are sending different messages, like the harami at the beginning of your week vs. my dark cloud cover, etc.

Here I have posted a side-by-side comparison of what I'm looking at vs. what you're looking at. It really does illustrate, at least for me, that though we try to help each other by posting charts and whatnot, we really are all on our own in this market. Not to say that we won't keep trying, eh?
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpusdh4.png
Size: 104 KB

freedomseeke Feb 19, 2014 9:50am | Post# 27014

Hello Philip Nel,

I would like to say A BIG THANK YOU for the time and effort you put in, to put together the manual and other marterials. I have just finish going through all that you suggested on Page one of the tread. It was a Lovely 2 weeks journey which I highly enjoy. You made it easy by the MP3 recordings, so Read tonnes of material, that was a realy good.

Also A Big thank you to all on this tread for your help and contributions.

Now I look forward to some DEmo

BE BLESS

Theo

freedomseeke Feb 19, 2014 9:51am | Post# 27015

Hello Philip Nel, I would like to say A BIG THANK YOU for the time and effort you put in, to put together the manual and other marterials. I have just finish going through all that you suggested on Page one of the tread. It was a Lovely 2 weeks journey which I highly enjoy. You made it easy by the MP3 recordings, so Read tonnes of material, that was a realy good. Also A Big thank you to all on this tread for your help and contributions. Now I look forward to some DEmo BE BLESS Theo

Error -------so Read tonnes of material
Should be ----so NO Reading tonnes of material,

yaakruay Feb 19, 2014 12:06pm | Post# 27016

{quote} As a complete side note to your trade (which I hope went well) I noticed that your chart, while similar in nature to mine, is different enough that I checked the symbol three or four times to make sure I was on the right chart. I understand that people in different time zones on different brokers are going to have slightly different charts, but I never considered that the differences would lead to two people looking at the same market getting completely different signals. Look especially at the colors on the MACD and the number of candles...

I was in profit and it was looking good x 3 lots open too (more fool me)...i was unable to trade on my phone as i was in a meeting.

Then it bombed down and went past the last bottom and took my stop loss out...so crashed and burnt on that trade...
(unlike the one i posted previously which played out perfectly because i didn't trade it! hahaha)

It's amazing that we all see different candles because of time zones and what ever other dark forces are at work...

That's why its good to post a screenshot with some reasoning on..a picture is worth a thousand words.

The screen shots and explanation show you have a good understanding and you will reap the reward if you keep on the track....

happy days

binnie Feb 20, 2014 12:19am | Post# 27017

3 Attachment(s)
Ok, time for my first chart... I saw the TC on the EURGBP this morning, but it wasn't really a TC until the candle was fully formed and had gone all the way up to the 89SMA, which I believe is acting as resistance. I am looking for this weeklong upward trend to continue with another TC or a ZB accompanied by a bounce off of the trendline I drew there, possibly breaking through the 89SMA towards the 200SMA as we approach the weekend. Comments and criticisms are greatly encouraged. {image}
Click to Enlarge

Name: dodge.png
Size: 19 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: EG_20Feb.png
Size: 32 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: EG_Rythym_for_Dodge.png
Size: 37 KB

I was trying to get this done for you before I left for work but Internet went down. Thought I would post it anyway. Just check right now, there is a TC on my Macd but price did not make it back close enough to the 21 for me. Still watching

binnie Feb 20, 2014 3:03am | Post# 27018

1 Attachment(s)
My EU is now closed:

Price stalled on me - been a long trade to walk away with 15 pips approx. Have watched it move to +50 and had no reason to think it would fall back this far.
Anyway - successful trade by the rules so happy result. Getting ready for possible H&S break of neckline. Wait for a breakout , a pullback to the neckline then a move away to confirm the pattern.

Click to Enlarge

Name: My_EU_20_feb_result.png
Size: 45 KB

Anyone else see something to share ?

freedomseeke Feb 20, 2014 6:51am | Post# 27019

I want to know if anybody is using the position calculator found in Post 9147. How / where do you get the values in the Cells B1 - B7 or they are constant values.

Thank you.

binnie Feb 20, 2014 1:24pm | Post# 27020

I want to know if anybody is using the position calculator found in Post 9147. How / where do you get the values in the Cells B1 - B7 or they are constant values. Thank you.
Howdy Theo, Sorry mate, I dont use that tool at all so cannot help you. Someone will be able to help.

© Forex Factory