Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   4 Hour Strategy (MACD) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=14630)

binnie Feb 13, 2014 5:18am | Post# 26921

1 Attachment(s)
Kiwi - Entry made:

Off to bed now but just got the trigger ZB (TC) to go long. Anyone comment??

Click to Enlarge

Name: NU_h4_entry_13_Feb.png
Size: 33 KB

LifesAbeach Feb 13, 2014 9:21am | Post# 26922

I think GBPUSD should go down? MACD turn red, besides, it has reached above +45 line. Considering it's countertrend, 1.6564 (EMA 8) should be the next target? Need some inputs. {image}
Hi maybe a bit late now but I also think that price action is important when taking a counter trend trade. Maybe a nice long tail. And like Binnie also mentioned S/R levels.

LifesAbeach Feb 13, 2014 9:58am | Post# 26923

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi Binnie, For a Zero Bounce of the MACD (with the Red small bars ) what should be the color of the triger bar. Are you looking for a Green bar or Reb bar bigger than previous one? Thank you. Theo
Hi see page 7. Green for buy, red for sell.

(The pdf attached is the same file that captain Phillip posted on page 1)
4 Hour MACD Forex Strategy.pdf

LifesAbeach Feb 13, 2014 10:58am | Post# 26924

1 Attachment(s)
Potential trade setup. Please comment so that we can learn together.

I'm only posting these setups for comments. I'm still a novice and learning. Trade at own risk!!

And if you loose don't go searching for another strategy!!!
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDJPY13feb2014.png
Size: 64 KB

freedomseeke Feb 13, 2014 11:05am | Post# 26925

{quote} Hi see page 7. Green for buy, red for sell. (The pdf attached is the same file that captain Phillip posted on page 1) {image}
thank you.

freedomseeke Feb 13, 2014 11:11am | Post# 26926

{quote} Hi see page 7. Green for buy, red for sell. (The pdf attached is the same file that captain Phillip posted on page 1) {image}
Hello LifesAbeach,

when I add 15,30,45, -15,-30,-45 Lines to the MACD they are so squash I can see the difference. Am I doing anything wrong.
Thank you.

LifesAbeach Feb 13, 2014 11:22am | Post# 26927

{quote} Hello LifesAbeach, when I add 15,30,45, -15,-30,-45 Lines to the MACD they are so squash I can see the difference. Am I doing anything wrong. Thank you.
See if this works: replace the 15,30,45, -15,-30,-45 lines with 150,300,450, -150,-300,-450.

freedomseeke Feb 13, 2014 11:28am | Post# 26928

{quote} See if this works: replace the 15,30,45, -15,-30,-45 lines with 150,300,450, -150,-300,-450.
Thank you soo much. That worked. Is it because the plat form has 5 digit price.

Much appreciated.

yaakruay Feb 13, 2014 1:43pm | Post# 26929

{quote} Thank you soo much. That worked. Is it because the plat form has 5 digit price. Much appreciated.

Yes, because of your brokers 5 digit...this confuses everyone to begin with the macd...you're in good company..

No worries.

yaakruay Feb 13, 2014 1:54pm | Post# 26930

Potential trade setup. Please comment so that we can learn together. I'm only posting these setups for comments. I'm still a novice and learning. Trade at own risk!! And if you loose don't go searching for another strategy!!! {image}

Thanks buddy.... lets watch together....

I've been stopped out on a few trades (that wash and rinse on the Euro has killed me this week), so now enjoying watching and learning only.

If the PA / RB doesn't work properly and price booms up, how do you protect yourself against going short early?

Are you using the M5 to watch the up move and wait for price to break down on the M5 to go short at the determined level?

yaakruay Feb 13, 2014 2:08pm | Post# 26931

I think GBPUSD should go down? MACD turn red, besides, it has reached above +45 line. Considering it's countertrend, 1.6564 (EMA 8) should be the next target? Need some inputs. {image}

Hello,

Those CT the counter trend trade, seem to be the easier ones to trade as it looks so visual (i know this from experience and financial pain)

The TC trend continuation is where the money and good pips can be made.

I am just moving off the CT...I can guarantee 1 thing..that you will lose doing CT....You need to be learning the TC..

For this system, the only candles Phillip really talks about are spinners (doji). Personally I would take off your candle indicator for this system.

Learning the patterns can be important but do you need to learn all the names yet, i just find them off putting and there is enough to concentrate on as it is.

I used to use the same indicator, that's why I am commenting.

Just my 2 pence worth, not meant to be a criticism just helpful advice. Tell be to bog off if you want

LifesAbeach Feb 13, 2014 2:18pm | Post# 26932

{quote} Thanks buddy.... lets watch together.... I've been stopped out on a few trades (that wash and rinse on the Euro has killed me this week), so now enjoying watching and learning only. If the PA / RB doesn't work properly and price booms up, how do you protect yourself against going short early? Are you using the M5 to watch the up move and wait for price to break down on the M5 to go short at the determined level?
Hey I'm hoping for a couple of dojis during the Asian session and then a nice red candle so that we can have a nice evening/morning star during the London session. I'm not waiting for a RB. I'm waiting for a TC.

To answer your question if PA doesn't work properly I just don't take the trade. Using the MACD will help me not to go in to early. I hope this answers your question.

At the moment I'm just sticking with the 4H TF. Still practicing trading on the shorter TF's.

freewilly Feb 13, 2014 10:42pm | Post# 26933

{quote} Hello, Those CT the counter trend trade, seem to be the easier ones to trade as it looks so visual (i know this from experience and financial pain) The TC trend continuation is where the money and good pips can be made. I am just moving off the CT...I can guarantee 1 thing..that you will lose doing CT....You need to be learning the TC.. For this system, the only candles Phillip really talks about are spinners (doji). Personally I would take off your candle indicator for this system. Learning the patterns can be important but do you need...
yaakruay buddy, I wont tell you to bog off. In fact, I want to thank you for pointing one important thing on this system is that TC works safer than CT. I understand it now after I read again all the pdf provided here. LOL (took me some time, but better invest in your time rather than loosing your money right?)
Rules that I will keep in mind from now while doing CT is the SR level and market condition. If the trend is really strong, I'd rather let it pass and look for TC.
Thanks bro. I learn new things here...

binnie Feb 14, 2014 1:52am | Post# 26934

2 Attachment(s)
Tonites Watch:

Kiwi options - Plan A Short: H & S forming . Double top - Watching a move back down to take out the neckline. If that comes, could give a ride down to
89ma. Lower Highs on Macd = Divergence with Price + Double RT.
This will be Counter Trend so must be careful.

Plan B Long: In rythym , Pulled back to 21 & moved away in uptrend. Price above 89 so mood is bullish. Just consolidating at the moment
so anticipating another move up. Last pullback was to the 8ma so a strong move away might signal a Continuation up. Watching
Macd for a TC trigger.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Kiwi_plan_A_Short_14_Feb.png
Size: 64 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: Kiwi_Plan_B_Long_14_Feb.png
Size: 49 KB

Hey you guys - did you get triggered into that AJ Short at last candle ?

yaakruay Feb 14, 2014 2:37am | Post# 26935

1 Attachment(s)
Tonites Watch: Kiwi options - Plan A Short: H & S forming . Double top - Watching a move back down to take out the neckline. If that comes, could give a ride down to 89ma. Lower Highs on Macd = Divergence with Price + Double RT. This will be Counter Trend so must be careful. Plan B Long: In rythym , Pulled back to 21 & moved away in uptrend. Price above 89 so mood is bullish. Just consolidating at the moment so anticipating another move up. Last pullback was to the 8ma so a strong move away might signal a Continuation up. Watching Macd for a TC...

Nothing showing yet....I just saw you posted this within the last hour...so obviously nothing yet...

I don't know what time GMT the strong moves happen on the Kiwi, I guess (i know i should research) it's during the Asian session.

The olde me, would just take a chance and go with a long...B U T the new me is sitting patiently and waiting for price to show itself.

Thanks for pointing out the opportunity and both set ups..

My broker is 3 pips for this currency I get 1.7 for Euro.... Not a lot but enough to make me want to have a nice set up as i am in the red instantly, and nobody likes that..do they..

It's soppy as you're all probably blokes but Happy Valentines all.....
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2014-02-12_0757.png
Size: 67 KB

yaakruay Feb 14, 2014 2:52am | Post# 26936

1 Attachment(s)
Potential trade setup. Please comment so that we can learn together. I'm only posting these setups for comments. I'm still a novice and learning. Trade at own risk!! And if you loose don't go searching for another strategy!!! {image}

Nice disclaimer...

That disclaimer that is at the bottom of all trading material...."you may lose more than your initial deposit"

I couldn't get my head around that. i asked my broker to explain but it still didn't make sense..i initially thought they would take money any extra money owed from my credit card. I was petrified I was going to lose my life savings, max my credit cards and take my pants and socks and all...

I digress....

That red bar on the H4 macd is not a TC...please explain why, if you have time

Happy days and pippin all...
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2014-02-12_0757.png
Size: 67 KB

freewilly Feb 14, 2014 3:32am | Post# 26937

1 Attachment(s)
This chart took my attention considering recent GBP strength...

GBPUSD just took out its resistance (1.6667) and now traded at 1.6691.

Will GBPJPY continue its uptrend? It bounced hard on EMA21 line.... TC detected....???
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpjpyh4.png
Size: 39 KB

LifesAbeach Feb 14, 2014 11:47am | Post# 26938

This chart took my attention considering recent GBP strength... GBPUSD just took out its resistance (1.6667) and now traded at 1.6691. Will GBPJPY continue its uptrend? It bounced hard on EMA21 line.... TC detected....??? {image}
Hi FW. Don't know if you are aware of it but you've got the 200ema(yellow line) and not the 200sma on your chart.

yaakruay Feb 14, 2014 2:38pm | Post# 26939

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi FW. Don't know if you are aware of it but you've got the 200ema(yellow line) and not the 200sma on your chart.

Bloody 'ell LaB...

How did you spot that..........200 ema / sma...

well done, it does make a difference i tried both....

Freewill = FW

This is my take on the chart.

I think it's hit a resistance area.

Look at daily, nice place for a retrace if price will continue up.. plus there is a resistance line that can be drawn near this price to stop it.

Macd is showing bearish divergence, each move up has less power.

So what are we waiting for?

Retrace on H4.. red bars on macd, going under zero would be good.

Then some sort of BPM....Breakout, Pullback Move away from the 21 to the 89 on the H4..

That is the money shot, Bingo !

Have a good weekend and keep posting..... lets get some trade ideas for next week..
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2014-02-14_1919.png
Size: 81 KB

yaakruay Feb 14, 2014 3:09pm | Post# 26940

Tonites Watch: Kiwi options - Plan A Short: H & S forming . Double top - Watching a move back down to take out the neckline. If that comes, could give a ride down to 89ma. Lower Highs on Macd = Divergence with Price + Double RT. This will be Counter Trend so must be careful. Plan B Long: In rythym , Pulled back to 21 & moved away in uptrend. Price above 89 so mood is bullish. Just consolidating at the moment so anticipating another move up. Last pullback was to the 8ma so a strong move away might signal a Continuation up. Watching Macd for a TC...

Nowt happened my friend..

lets make the plan for next week...

Plan A or Plan B... we staying with the same analysis?

© Forex Factory