Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Rookie Talk (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/56-rookie-talk)
-   -   Moving Average Elasticity (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/146243-moving-average-elasticity)

CindyXXXX Jan 16, 2009 9:26am | Post# 1

Moving Average Elasticity

ayaz Jan 16, 2009 9:46am | Post# 2

hmmm i thought i was the only one that trades MA elasticity! Then again ive never heard anyone call it that before

Its pretty effective actually, if you notice the lower MA always "wraps around" the higher MA. It swings below, then swings above and back again. Just play those swings in and out. I used to call it the "Cat and Mouse System" a while back.

CindyXXXX Jan 16, 2009 10:21am | Post# 3

hmmm i thought i was the only one that trades MA elasticity! Then again ive never heard anyone call it that before

Its pretty effective actually, if you notice the lower MA always "wraps around" the higher MA. It swings below, then swings above and back again. Just play those swings in and out. I used to call it the "Cat and Mouse System" a while back.
Ahh the Old cat and Mouse eh

CindyXXXX Jan 16, 2009 10:32am | Post# 4

hmm

hmmmmm

paradoxical Jan 16, 2009 10:40am | Post# 5

Why was this thread started?

CindyXXXX Jan 16, 2009 10:42am | Post# 6

Why was this thread started?
How long is a piece of string?

CindyXXXX Jan 16, 2009 10:47am | Post# 7

I'm hoping to spark some ideas - Its a blank canvas, so pull up a pew grab your brushes and get creative -

All ideas are welcomed

opie999 Jan 16, 2009 10:57am | Post# 8

Blank canvas...check
Brushes..........check

Hmm, anybody bring some paint?

CindyXXXX Jan 16, 2009 10:58am | Post# 9

Blank canvas...check
Brushes..........check

Hmm, anybody bring some paint?
Opie are you taking the Mick?

opie999 Jan 16, 2009 11:04am | Post# 10

Are you?

CindyXXXX Jan 16, 2009 11:05am | Post# 11

I think as traders its important to think for ourselves instead of blindly following a set of rules like a warm blooded EA trying to copy what "he's" doing- This thread is giving any free thinking individual the opportunity to do just that.

There is your paint

aediaz1 Jan 16, 2009 11:08am | Post# 12

I think as traders its important to think for ourselves instead of blindly following a set of rules like a warm blooded EA trying to copy what "he's" doing- This thread is giving any free thinking individual the opportunity to do just that.

There is your paint
Why don't you donate your money to charity instead ? Or at least save it and spend it on something nice.

CindyXXXX Jan 16, 2009 11:09am | Post# 13

Why don't you donate your money to charity instead ? Or at least save it and spend it on something nice.
I Do But a noble gesture - Thanks for taking the time to make abosolutely no contribution to the thread

aediaz1 Jan 16, 2009 11:15am | Post# 14

I Do But a noble gesture - Thanks for taking the time to make abosolutely no contribution to the thread
Great, 1 account saved, 1.000.000 to go !

Np, thanks for enlighten us with your deep knowledge

"you can't get something for nothing" a wise and rich man once said. But I just gave you something for nothing ! Seems like an imbalance in supply/demand eh something/nothing.

opie999 Jan 16, 2009 11:16am | Post# 15

There is your paint
Excellent. Colors, please?
Define "Moving Average Elasticity".

CindyXXXX Jan 16, 2009 11:17am | Post# 16

Great, 1 account saved, 1.000.000 to go !

Np, thanks for enlighten us with your deep knowledge

"you can't get something for nothing" a wise man said once. But I just gave you something for nothing !
With all your talk on never giving up etc Your negativeity astounds me - I am still trying to find the part where i asked for something?? Maybe you missed the point of this thread -

Let me make clear that I don't trade MA elasticity but simply thought of the idea today and thought it sounded interesting...

Sorry to insult your intelligence!

aediaz1 Jan 16, 2009 11:29am | Post# 17

With all your talk on never giving up etc Your negativeity astounds me - I am still trying to find the part where i asked for something?? Maybe you missed the point of this thread -

Let me make clear that I don't trade MA elasticity but simply thought of the idea today and thought it sounded interesting...

Sorry to insult your intelligence!

Stop messing around then and post your core essence

CindyXXXX Jan 16, 2009 11:32am | Post# 18

Excellent. Colors, please?
Define "Moving Average Elasticity".

Hmmm Moving Average Elasticity: An imbalance in the Supply and Demand measured accross multiple periods of price...

This may need some work -

CindyXXXX Jan 16, 2009 11:38am | Post# 19

Im already seeing holes in this idea as MA's are obviously lagging to price The MA might pull back to its longer term MA but that doesnt represent the price move

I know that when the price is high enough above any MA it usually snaps back to it - This is the sorta thing im getting at

aediaz1 Jan 16, 2009 11:52am | Post# 20

So you're saying there might be something new to discover with MA's that hasn't been discovered yet ?

© Forex Factory