Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   THV system, final edition (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/127271-thv-system-final-edition)

SpecialEd Nov 15, 2008 8:41am | Post# 41

First Post Here

Hello my friend CobraForex!

I'm in a rockin' mood this Saturday morning! But by making only the third page of this new thread, I feel like I'm standing way back in line on the Red Carpet - showed up late for the .

For all those on FF who do not know CobraForex, you have just run into one of the smartest, kindest guys who uses ForexFactory. As you can see from all the hard work he obviously did to start the THV thread, he is also one of the most generous.

I've been using this system for about two weeks. It's simple, easy to use, and yields lots of PIPs. Best to all who use it. I too will stay in touch with the THV thread.

Profitable trading to all,
Ed in Virginia

P.S. Cobra, if you like Jack Daniels, try Elijah Craig. Jack is sour mash whiskey while EC is a Kentucky bourbon. Both damned good, but EC is smooth as silk. Don't dare mess it up by mixing!

fajst_k Nov 15, 2008 9:31am | Post# 42

EA THV

CObraforex

Just to verify if it is really good. Write an EA and test it on historical data than show us the results.

Your system is based on T3 expotential MA and MACD which are more or less the same which is proven to give many false signals

see http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=83540

It does not consider e.g. current volatility, currency corelation, higher timeframes set up etc, so I believe results from EA would prove it's
usability.

Krzysztof

cobraforex Nov 15, 2008 10:53am | Post# 43

Wellcome ED

I've been using this system for about two weeks. It's simple, easy to use, and yields lots of PIPs. Best to all who use it. I too will stay in touch with the THV thread.
Hi Ed, please come along as more as you can, you will be one of the best contributors in this thread sharing your experiences.

cobraforex Nov 15, 2008 11:13am | Post# 44

That is BS

1 Attachment(s)
CObraforex

Just to verify if it is really good. Write an EA and test it on historical data than show us the results.

Your system is based on T3 expotential MA and MACD which are more or less the same which is proven to give many false signals

see http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=83540

It does not consider e.g. current volatility, currency corelation, higher timeframes set up etc, so I believe results from EA would prove it's
usability.

Krzysztof
I will not, most system threads died because of that reason. I donít believe in any EA, worse back testing them. What I wanted to show is shown here, I donít own anything more.
This is typical for newbees, after blowing several accounts they want to have something secure, replacing their horrible trading skills.
Instead of wasting time and money in EAís it is preferable to use those values investing in Forex education.
I would appreciate an EA from one of the excellent coders here in FF that gives a buy or sell signal that would be confirmed by the trader taking in account other important circumstances like Pivots, S&R, historical HL, channels etc.
This and any other system is an instrumental that helps us to take trading decisions, what most lag are the traders not the system.
I have many trading systems shown here in FF on my charts, knowing the basics and having experience all of them are profitable.
MAs and all other indicator lag because they are based on historical data, they show us what happened and not what will happen, that is our job to figger out, a lot have to do with feeling.
Here a Work Horse chart where I get my ideas what PA may do next and the THV will confirm, OR NOT.

Everything you see on this chart (less the MA's and RSI of course) is drawn by hand, Historical H/L S&R TLíS Pitchfork etc.
Also I want to see the real candlesticks (Iím a candlestick fan), the THV works with HA
Click to Enlarge

Name: wh.gif
Size: 29 KB

Freddyfx Nov 15, 2008 11:31am | Post# 45

1 Attachment(s)
@Freddyfx

Do you mean the green and pink Heiken Ashi candles?
No amigo, the white line that you see at the tip of those candles, as the chart is setup to use LINE and not CANDLES or BARS.

Let me make a screenshot of my chart for you
Click to Enlarge

Name: freddyfx thv chart.gif
Size: 62 KB

cobraforex Nov 15, 2008 11:51am | Post# 46

Price action

@Freddyfx

Do you mean the green and pink Heiken Ashi candles?
Here an informative link
http://www.dacharts.com/articles/Buf...ice_action.php

cash4u2 Nov 15, 2008 12:01pm | Post# 47

No amigo, the white line that you see at the tip of those candles, as the chart is setup to use LINE and not CANDLES or BARS.

Let me make a screenshot of my chart for you
@ Freddyfx
Thx for your information ;-)
How did you add this white line for the Price Action?

regards
cash4u2

Freddyfx Nov 15, 2008 12:48pm | Post# 48

@ Freddyfx
Thx for your information ;-)
How did you add this white line for the Price Action?

regards
cash4u2
under CHARTS, go to the bottom where it says PROPERTIES
then COLORS
look for LINE GRAPH and choose WHITE

es soll einfach bleiben

lascavel Nov 15, 2008 1:12pm | Post# 49

I've been using this system for about two weeks. It's simple, easy to use,

Don't mind me asking, u said u'v been testing this system for 2 weeks....BUT I thought that Cobra just posted this only yesterday on Nov 15?

Correct me if I am wrong? Just wana be sure we are all speaking from facts.

Respect

TradeWell Nov 15, 2008 1:15pm | Post# 50

I will not, most system threads died because of that reason. I donít believe in any EA, worse back testing them. What I wanted to show is shown here, I donít own anything more.
This is typical for newbees, after blowing several accounts they want to have something secure, replacing their horrible trading skills.
Instead of wasting time and money in EAís it is preferable to use those values investing in Forex education.
I would appreciate an EA from one of the excellent coders here in FF that gives a buy or sell signal that would be [b]confirmed...
Further, let's be clear that you do not necessarily enter into a trade just because the conditions (rules) of the system are met. As cobra points out, DP, S&R and trader experience watching PA are also important in the decision to enter. I would not recommend this as a stand alone system, especially to a newbie, unless you have years of already successful experience as a trader. I myself use it as a confirmation tool or use other tools to confirm it. I have less than a year experience so I like to be conservative and only enter what I determine to be the lowest risk trades.

- Sorry if repeated some of what you said cobra, but I think newbies especially need to hear it again.

Yaad Nov 15, 2008 1:15pm | Post# 51

Don't mind me asking, u said u'v been testing this system for 2 weeks....BUT I thought that Cobra just posted this only yesterday on Nov 15?

Respect
A few people in the EURUSD thread has been using the system.

I've been quietly testing for a week myself.

TradeWell Nov 15, 2008 1:19pm | Post# 52

Respect
Some of us have been "beta" testing this before the "official" release, so it has a history of development. Try it out on demo then post your feedback.

cobraforex Nov 15, 2008 2:01pm | Post# 53

1 Attachment(s)

Respect
Turhovach presented his firsts chart in the end of October, below a copy; I was amazed for the simplicity of that chart and started immediately to “translate” it to MT4, after back and forward testing several days I posted my charts in the EUR/USD thread and many other folks where interested to try it, so I uploaded it to my web and on timestamp of this post I had 1830 downloads, the beta version that worked with MA candles and 12 EMA included.
That is why many posters have knowledge of the system and are able to give their opinion and results on this system.

Hope that cleared all.
Click to Enlarge

Name: tur1.png
Size: 25 KB

fxid10t Nov 15, 2008 4:57pm | Post# 54

1 Attachment(s)
Further, let's be clear that you do not necessarily enter into a trade just because the conditions (rules) of the system are met. As cobra points out, DP, S&R and trader experience watching PA are also important in the decision to enter. I would not recommend this as a stand alone system, especially to a newbie, unless you have years of already successful experience as a trader. I myself use it as a confirmation tool or use other tools to confirm it. I have less than a year experience so I like to be conservative...

This is precisely why an expert advisor following the rules in post 1 will fail. I've attempted to code the rules in the attached ea. Given the subjective nature of PA around Pivots, PA at potential S/R, and the individual trader's interpretation of Price Action itself, all three of which are nearly impossible to code, I heartily agree with TradeWell.

Inserted Code
//external variables
extern int     Slippage          =1;

extern string  Ordercomment      ="ap.cobra thv 1.0";
extern int     MagicNumber       =1776;

extern bool       Use.Money.Mgt  =true;   // if false, uses Minimum.Lot
extern double     Minimum.Lot    =0.01;   // Smallest lot size to trade, Use.MM true or false
extern double     MaximumRisk    =0.0025; // %account balance to risk per position
indicator settings
Inserted Code
double hull=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"hull THV",55,0.2,0,0);
double T3=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"T3 THV",8,0.04,0,0);
double hao=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Heiken Ashi THV",CLR_NONE,CLR_NONE,MediumVioletRed,Green,0,0);
double hac=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Heiken Ashi THV",CLR_NONE,CLR_NONE,MediumVioletRed,Green,1,0);
double haop=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Heiken Ashi THV",CLR_NONE,CLR_NONE,MediumVioletRed,Green,0,1);
double hacp=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Heiken Ashi THV",CLR_NONE,CLR_NONE,MediumVioletRed,Green,1,1);
double ia=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Ichimoku THV",2,5,8,2,0);
double ib=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Ichimoku THV",2,5,8,3,0);
double osma1=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"OsMA",12,26,7,0,0);
double osma2=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"OsMA",12,26,7,0,1);
entry rules
Inserted Code
//ORDER ENTRY SETUP 0-buy,2-buylimit,4-buystop
sprice=0;bprice=0;ssl=0;bsl=0;
if(OrderSelect(Sticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET)==false || (OrderSelect(Sticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET)==true && OrderCloseTime()>0)) {
   if(Bid<hull && T3<hull && hac<hao && Bid<ia && Bid<ib && shorttime<Time[0] )  {
      ordertype=1; sprice=Bid; ssl=Ask+(50*Point); 
      stp=0; slippage=Slippage; expire=0;
      Color=LightSalmon; Sell(); return(0);  }  }

if(OrderSelect(Bticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET)==false || (OrderSelect(Bticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET)==true && OrderCloseTime()>0)) {
   if(Ask>hull && T3>hull && hac>hao && Ask>ia && Ask>ib && longtime<Time[0] )  {
      ordertype=0; bprice=Ask; bsl=Bid-(50*Point); 
      btp=0; slippage=Slippage; expire=0;
      Color=Green; Buy(); return(0);  }   }
exit rules
Inserted Code
      if(OrderType()==1)   {
         if((hao<hac && osma1>osma2) ||
            (Bid>T3) ||
            (Bid>ia && Bid>ib) &&
            shorttime<Time[0])  {
               OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Ask,Slippage,Black);
               shorttime=Time[1];   }  }   
      if(OrderType()==0)    {
         if((hao>hac && osma1<osma2) ||
            (Ask<T3) ||
            (Ask<ia && Ask<ib) &&
            longtime<Time[0])  {
               OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Ask,Slippage,Black);
               longtime=Time[1]; }  }
ap.cobra thv.mq4

Gofer Pips Nov 15, 2008 5:33pm | Post# 55

KUDOS

Hey all!
Cobra, you have done a great job on this!

This is basically a no-brainer strategy. Human error and slight aberrations in PA are the only things that I have found makes this fail. I have traded this live for 3 days, and due to having to make teeth, I have placed about 15 trades with 1 loss due to setting S/L too close(12 pips).

I have loaded the Ichikomu set-up and compared the two. The THV allows an earlier and more reliable entry(IMO), but based on pivots, psyches and fibs, I do not always exit on candle color change but I do end up putting my S/L in profit when unsure.

Any newbie should only test this on demo, and when going live use money management not risking more than 1-2% of account balance on any trade!

I have found this strategy to be successful on all TF's, but I like scalping and use the 1 min mostly. The higher time frames give a bigger overall picture, but it is also important to incorporate pivots ( Acumen's bread and butter), psyche levels, and keep the trend of market always in mind!

Cobra, as I always tell you, thanks for your insight, perserverance to put together a strategy from seeing a chart, and most of all your generosity for sharing. Thanks also to Turhovach for showing up on the EURUSD thread and posting his chart, which started the gears to turn in your mind to do this!

cash4u2 Nov 15, 2008 5:58pm | Post# 56

This is precisely why an expert advisor following the rules in post 1 will fail. I've attempted to code the rules in the attached ea. Given the subjective nature of PA around Pivots, PA at potential S/R, and the individual trader's interpretation of Price Action itself, all three of which are nearly impossible to code, I heartily agree with TradeWell.
[/code]
Hello fxid10t,

could you also program the EA with the following:
entry - only when PA crosses blue
exit as usual

regards
cash4u2

rcbarlow Nov 15, 2008 6:20pm | Post# 57

Envelopes

I downloaded the indicators and template, but when I install them, I am not getting the Envelopes as shown on page 1. What is missing?, or am I doing wrong?

cobraforex Nov 15, 2008 6:33pm | Post# 58

Not missing anything

I downloaded the indicators and template, but when I install them, I am not getting the Envelopes as shown on page 1. What is missing?, or am I doing wrong?
You are fine, the envelopes are rectangles that I draw by hand to show entry and exit points.

fxid10t Nov 15, 2008 6:35pm | Post# 59

1 Attachment(s)
Hello fxid10t,

could you also program the EA with the following:
entry - only when PA crosses blue
exit as usual

regards
cash4u2

I think the blue is the T3, if so, ea attached...
ap.cobra thv mod cash4u2.mq4

cobraforex Nov 15, 2008 6:41pm | Post# 60

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for your kind words Gofer.

I'm happy that you got it, a quiet good result.

There are a huge other curcumstances to watch like you said, this and other systems are not only a click and ready system.
We will come up during this week with some trading examples with complete explanation why we took the trades.

I downloaded the EA and backtested it, it takes too many trades where I would close my trading room because of missing volumen etc.
That will never work, a trading system need a good trader behind it, the same as a Formel 1 car needs a good pilot.

Happy pipping

Hey all!
Cobra, you have done a great job on this!

This is basically a no-brainer strategy. Human error and slight aberrations in PA are the only things that I have found makes this fail. I have traded this live for 3 days, and due to having to make teeth, I have placed about 15 trades with 1 loss due to setting S/L too close(12 pips).

[b]I have loaded the Ichikomu set-up and compared the two. The THV allows an earlier and more reliable entry(IMO), but based on pivots, psyches and fibs, I do not always exit...
Click to Enlarge

Name: ea.gif
Size: 13 KB

© Forex Factory