Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   THV system, final edition (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/127271-thv-system-final-edition)

todder Nov 17, 2008 8:20am | Post# 141

What time frames has anyone been having luck with? I've made a few pips in the 15tf. Thanks for this! All works except the RSI, just a couple fragments of lines, even downloaded that from the web site.

bdedyal Nov 17, 2008 8:22am | Post# 142

BSD

Hello Bayoor

Couldn't help putting my interpretation:

You should carefully read Cobra's post 97, when price (after a longish run) gets into the oversold area, bound to retrace because of this. I would wait & see what PA follows. In your case the second entry would be the legitimate entry.

Also I don't know why there is confusion on setting the HULL parameter. Have been repeated often that for 5 digit price (like on Ibfx) the setting should be 0.2. Please check your setting.(to me it seems it is set at 2). Post 1

BSD

TradeWell Nov 17, 2008 8:52am | Post# 143

What time frames has anyone been having luck with? I've made a few pips in the 15tf. Thanks for this! All works except the RSI, just a couple fragments of lines, even downloaded that from the web site.
I use 1min and 5 min. You can use any TF but 15 min is really good too. If using 15 min, try to fine-tune your entry with the 1min. Not sure about the RSI issue.

todder Nov 17, 2008 9:00am | Post# 144

Thanks Tradewell.

doblece Nov 17, 2008 9:36am | Post# 145

RSI only shows "worms" that is, the oversold / overbought thick lines.
If this bothers you too much, you can edit the colors and change "black" to any other colour of your liking.

doblece Nov 17, 2008 9:44am | Post# 146

1 Attachment(s)
thanks doblece, this is what my chart looks like now using the template. does it look o.k now?
i have a rectangle and a circle/sphere at two different points on the chart,please which one is a right entry?
thanks.i'd chack the P.M now.
I think you're still having a problem with your Hull setting. I checked in my FXDD demo and after changing the slope to 0,2 it shows like mine (with the normal small yellow areas). Please look at the picture below, you should right-click the indicator and open the properties window, then on the input tab change the value of the slope as indicated...

The "rectangle" entry wouldn't be correct as the hull is going in the opposite direction (we want to sell and it is rising). The second entry is correct as the hull is also going down.

Cobraforex, maybe it would be clearer to set the hull slope condition (in the same direction of the trade we want to take) as part of the entry rules? Your text, though perfectly clear, highlights most particularly the "sideways" situation and the "direction" part could be overlooked...

The hull, the fat line on the main window, shows us the direction for the TF we are trading, a long yellow line shows that the market is choppy and we might want to wait for a clear breakout or hunting some pips on smaller TF.
Name:  hull.PNG
Views: 20141
Size:  9 KB

cobraforex Nov 17, 2008 10:10am | Post# 147

Thanks Doblece for the help on the setups, you are now named as the technical director of the THV thread.

Also thanks to Trade Well and others that are with the system since the beta version helping traders that are new to THV.

I canít be here always and it is nice that you guys (or gals) are helping out.

To the RSI: The main object was to keep the chart as clean as possible but fully functional and I think the objective was completed. That is why I overlaid the OsMA, RSI and T TRix in one only indicator. I have setup the color of the RSI line to none so we see only extreme (15 and 85) oversold and overbought areas as small ďwormsĒ, I have always another candlestick chart open with a complete RSI so as an unforgettable signal it should be ok like that, other reason is that Iím not shure if RSI has the same zero line as the OsMA, the TRIX for sure has not.

We got good trades on 5M since my last post, two are shown in the chart of bayoor, I see that he took the right short but donít know where he TP.

I will come back soon to explain those trades well, Iím still trading.

TradeWell Nov 17, 2008 10:29am | Post# 148

...I canít be here always and it is nice that you guys (or gals) are helping out....
That is how we return the favor of your hard work into this system.

acumen Nov 17, 2008 10:33am | Post# 149

Very Nice

Cobra has put a lot of work into this system.

I believe it will be another 5 star system you can add to your trading tool box.

Congrats Cobra.

Mike

doblece Nov 17, 2008 10:51am | Post# 150

That is how we return the favor of your hard work into this system.
Ditto.

cobraforex Nov 17, 2008 11:07am | Post# 151

Cobra has put a lot of work into this system.

I believe it will be another 5 star system you can add to your trading tool box.

Congrats Cobra.

Mike
Thanks Mike, I will do my best.

My next post will be about Pivot points, your favorite theme.

And please come back as much as you can, you as a great trader and excelent person have a lot to distribute.

cobraforex Nov 17, 2008 11:20am | Post# 152

The THV Fibonacci Pivot indicator

2 Attachment(s)
OK, let’s talk one moment about one of the indicators, The Fibonacci Pivot level indicator.

Those levels are calculated on the broker’s prior day HLC data, they are respected points where the PA may pause, bounce back or break and retest.
They are calculated on your brokers daily open and close time, now what will be the best broker time to watch them?
I have the Fibonacci Pivot indicator since more than 2 years on my chart and found it absolutely best on GMT London time (ex. ODL, IBFX etc.)

All TL, HL, pivot and Psych lines work well because they are seen and respected by traders, not only retail traders like we are. They take profit, set SL or simply buy and sell at those levels, that’s why they are working.

Now why London time? London moves the biggest part of the FX cake.

I highly recommend not changing the Pivot indicator that is standard on the THV chart; it is very accurate, here a screenshot from today on 5M scaled out.

May be a good coder can set a parameter to adjust the brokers time to GMT London time for the ones that use brokers with GMT +3 for ex.

If some newbee hasn’t clear what are pivots and how to trade them, I recommend the web page of acumen, he has informative stuff and videos on it, here the link:
http://www.thefxpivotpoint.com/
Click to Enlarge

Name: pivots.gif
Size: 25 KB
Fibonacci Pivots THV.mq4

TradeWell Nov 17, 2008 11:26am | Post# 153

OK, letís talk one moment about one of the indicators, The Fibonacci Pivot level indicator.

Those levels are calculated on the brokerís prior day HLC data, they are respected points where the PA may pause, bounce back or break and retest.
They are calculated on your brokers daily open and close time, now what will be the best broker time to watch them?
I have the Fibonacci Pivot indicator since more than 2 years on my chart and found it absolutely best on GMT London time (ex. ODL, IBFX etc.)...
Thanks cobra. I see your DP is much different than mine with the same indicator. I see your chart looks like GMT, mine is too. So I'm not sure why the discrepancy. My DP is 1.2658. I don't see anything I can change. Just give me your thoughts when you have time. I don't need to fix it right away.

cobraforex Nov 17, 2008 11:35am | Post# 154

Thanks cobra. I see your DP is much different than mine with the same indicator. I see your chart looks like GMT, mine is too. So I'm not sure why the discrepancy. My DP is 1.2658. I don't see anything I can change. Just give me your thoughts when you have time. I don't need to fix it right away.
What is your broker and what is your actual time on it, mine is ODL and I have 16.30 at this moment

TradeWell Nov 17, 2008 11:40am | Post# 155

What is your broker and what is your actual time on it, mine is ODL and I have 16.30 at this moment
16:38 is my time. Server is ODL.

cobraforex Nov 17, 2008 11:50am | Post# 156

16:38 is my time. Server is ODL.
Rare, my DP is 1.2698, exactly where it bounced away two times, well its Psych number 00 also as well.
I really have no explanation on that.

Do you use the original setup from the first page or did you add anything else?

BoredToLoose Nov 17, 2008 11:51am | Post# 157

1.2719!!

Cross, and all can happen!

TradeWell Nov 17, 2008 11:57am | Post# 158

Rare, my DP is 1.2698, exactly where it bounced away two times, well its Psych number 00 also as well.
I really have no explanation on that.

Do you use the original setup from the first page or did you add anything else?
I used the original setup, though I changed the color of the DP. So I downloaded again from your website and replaced the indicator just in case I had an old one. Still the same though. I can work through it today. I'll try to figure it out. You go back to trading now and don't worry about it. I'll report anything I find.

cobraforex Nov 17, 2008 12:02pm | Post# 159

I used the original setup, though I changed the color of the DP. So I downloaded again from your website and replaced the indicator just in case I had an old one. Still the same though. I can work through it today. I'll try to figure it out. You go back to trading now and don't worry about it. I'll report anything I find.
Ok, let me know what will be the result

TradeWell Nov 17, 2008 12:10pm | Post# 160

Does anybody else have a DP at around 1.2658 for the THV system?

© Forex Factory