Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Which indicator works best for divergence? (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=119572)

tiborf71 Nov 9, 2019 1:24am | Post# 41

different pairs react to differences in different ways. There are pairs that usually do not observe the differences. Thus, these pairs are unsuitable for divergence trading.

cat Nov 9, 2019 12:32pm | Post# 42

1 Attachment(s)
For me, MACD. Divergence shows up regularly on any pair/indecis, and if you know how to identify it and combine it with supporting signals such as S&R, fibonacci, trend lines etc, divergence is an incredibly powerful signal, not just for entries, but for exits as well.

Here's one very simple 40 sec tf example from the Dow last week, one of many I could have used as an example.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Wall Street 40 sec div.png
Size: 65 KB

cdk1212 Nov 9, 2019 1:25pm | Post# 43

3 Attachment(s)
I like the PZ Divergence indicator the best! It provides multiple options to identify divergence for you to select from: RSI, MACD, CCI, Williams %R, Momentum or Stochastic. Plus, alerts, pushes & email.

tks,
cdk
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-11-09_1119.png
Size: 106 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-11-09_1117.png
Size: 41 KB
PZ_DivergenceLite.ex4

cat Nov 9, 2019 3:42pm | Post# 44

2 Attachment(s)
As a quick follow up to my post above, there will be many who say that it is easy to post a historical chart as everything becomes apparent after the event, which is true of course, so here is a before and after on the S&P from awhile back posted here on ff.

Once you get a feel for them, MACD diversion can become a lethal weapon in your trading arsenal.
Name:  42498222_1982573795128505_5208093844393951232_n.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  45 KB
Name:  US 500 (DFB).png
Views: 436
Size:  148 KB

Bk55 Nov 9, 2019 9:06pm | Post# 45

{quote} I don't need to back anything up. You're the one with the big ego that has high-jacked this thread and posted a bunch of demo 1M charts, lol. I wrote that the MACD is an awful tool and how to use the RSI in a more effective manner than everyone else. You then challenged me to a duel, lol. I have been trading for over 15 years and trading Forex for over 12 years. Over 50,000 hours of chart time and over 100,000 trades. I made 326 trades last week, lol. I seriously do not need your help, especially from your ridiculous PA system you don't...
i post live trades and show my fxbook you just talk a lot about how great you are......

Bk55 Nov 9, 2019 9:21pm | Post# 46

{quote} Actually, you are the one that talks about how great you are and feels like he/she has to prove it, LOL. On nearly every post!! LOL. Sorry you don't know how to trade. Not my fault. Good Luck. Cya on your crybaby thread.
your last post that you deleted wos a biography blah blah blah blah it means nothing to me.
i post loads of live trades and show my fxbook...... i have posted 2 live trades for next week look at my profile and click on my posts Silver and AUD/USD live trades if they set up i will post entry with stops and targets and i will manage the position on here every step
Feel free to follow them live i think im being very honest and upfront im posting live trades in a live market in real time

Bk55 Nov 9, 2019 11:23pm | Post# 47

2 Attachment(s)
aud/usd for next week

weekly chart with bearish piercing line candlestick formation at weekly trendlind res

H4 chart there is bearish macd with hidden swing divergence with potentual head and shoulder forming price has broken through the cloud my entry thoughts are on chart. I will update and manage the position live
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUD USD WEEKLY PEERCING PAT.png
Size: 175 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUD USD CLOUD H4.png
Size: 209 KB

© Forex Factory