Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Sonic R. System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=114792)

Basber Mar 10, 2010 8:26am | Post# 10721

Yes, Basber, I agree 100%!

Just finished writing up my journal when I find your post.

What a good thing you turned me onto with this journal!

Many thanks for your kind assistance.

PS: I am just monitoring what happens after wards and will record it in my journal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I entered this too late after the wave because I was waiting for the Hourly candle to close. I must pay more attention to the M15 waves and check the longer TF PA earlier in the day.
[font=&quot]Exit...
RM,

We both work with two methods. Non of the NEEDS the others confirmation to take the trade. Trade them independently or you'll miss some good trades. if both of the signaled one entry, you could risk a little more on that and you can manage you TPs with both systems ...

Regards,
Basber

DanPa Mar 10, 2010 8:35am | Post# 10722

Hi guys,

Most people freak out when they're in profit and close it too early and they stick to their losses in hope of reversing ... even if you have a solid SL, if you cut your TPs so soon, your acount suffers in long run ... Let me describe what I say in numbers ... :

Regards,
Basber

Hi Basber,

Everytime is a pleasure to read your post! really! you have something from teacher's spirit!

About what you just said, i agree, this is my fight with my wife since we began to trade. I prefer to pull a trade as long as possible...but sometimes she cuts my trades (when i am not at home)if she smells something bad! and i have to say ..sometimes that was a good decision.

But, i agree with you, i take an SL with brave heart, and sometimes we are cutting our TP for crumbs ...

DanPa

Rastaman Mar 10, 2010 8:41am | Post# 10723

RM,

We both work with two methods. Non of the NEEDS the others confirmation to take the trade. Trade them independently or you'll miss some good trades. if both of the signaled one entry, you could risk a little more on that and you can manage you TPs with both systems ...

Regards,
Basber

Basber, you Hit the Nail Right on the Head!

I am just starting to realize that I am trading two different systems and often the longer term TF PA system is causing me to miss out on sonicr trades. That is why I mentioned I wish I could react like TAH and see the trade, take it and manage it well and maybe confirm how it is likely to go on higher TF. I have been Bullish on GU all weak, the fact is it has been going down all week!

I was just sat here reading that post I made about that, I then refreshed the screen and read your post. What total symbiosis.

You know, I am thinking that just the fact of writing a journal about our trades, makes us reflect upon our trading much more than it may seem.

I think I am putting the Egg before the chicken LoL

LittleTrader Mar 10, 2010 8:56am | Post# 10724

1 Attachment(s)
Update on EJ : closed half position at 123.095 and moved SL to BE ..
SL moved to SL3 a few minutes ago and was stopped by SL3 for +18pips .. im good for the day .... EU might have a re-entry but we will see whats the market doing soon ..

Click to Enlarge

Name: 10th-2140-ej.jpg
Size: 140 KB

Edit : Crap .. it goes +70pips upward more .. things i do to watch CSI on tv ...

Basber Mar 10, 2010 9:20am | Post# 10725

Hi Basber,

Everytime is a pleasure to read your post! really! you have something from teacher's spirit!

About what you just said, i agree, this is my fight with my wife since we began to trade. I prefer to pull a trade as long as possible...but sometimes she cuts my trades (when i am not at home)if she smells something bad! and i have to say ..sometimes that was a good decision.

But, i agree with you, i take an SL with brave heart, and sometimes we are cutting our TP for crumbs ...

DanPa

Thanks for you kind words Dan,

It's trade management and it's a very good way to control you losses and profits. but it need skill and experience to make the best out of it ... for example I closed my u/chf (it was not a sonicr) at +35 & +40 and my sl was -30 and -100 pips. I closed it because it stalled around a powerful resistance. I did not freak out. I managed my trade. It's two totally different things; with one you'll be in trouble and with another one you'll grow your account constantly.

About convincing you wife to not to close fast, If she's doing it by fear, you should give her some time and let her figure it out herself. By the way, higher than 95% of traders are male, but I saw woman are very good in this business because of some basic instincts they have ... I suggest you two open two different accounts. I'm sure you can learn from each other more than anybody else. Combine your powerful skills and eliminate your weaknesses with helping each other. Do not seek for "who was right". Search for the best way that works for you. it may be different, so I strongly recommend you to trade independently.

Regards,
Basber

Rastaman Mar 10, 2010 10:26am | Post# 10726

Basber, on what TF are you looking at the NVO to see whether volume is increasing at the lows or highs?

Also, are you looking at individual candles or more at HH HL etc?

Basber Mar 10, 2010 10:36am | Post# 10727

Basber, on what TF are you looking at the NVO to see whether volume is increasing at the lows or highs?

Also, are you looking at individual candles or more at HH HL etc?
Mostly I watch M15 for volume, specially when I want to get in the trade. For getting out, I'll have a peak on M5 too, but my main decisions have been made on M15.

I don't understand your second question. you mean for volume indicator ? Or for entring a trade ?

Regards,
Basber

Rastaman Mar 10, 2010 10:44am | Post# 10728

1 Attachment(s)
Mostly I watch M15 for volume, specially when I want to get in the trade. For getting out, I'll have a peak on M5 too, but my main decisions have been made on M15.

I don't understand your second question. you mean for volume indicator ? Or for entring a trade ?

Regards,
Basber
Sorry, yes. I meant are you at the volume indicator at the wave HH & HL or just how much volume there is on up or down candles.

Like this?
Click to Enlarge

Name: pic.gif
Size: 44 KB

Basber Mar 10, 2010 10:57am | Post# 10729

How I Use Volume Indicator

Sorry, yes. I meant are you at the volume indicator at the wave HH & HL or just how much volume there is on up or down candles.

Like this?
I'm using it in waves for entry. Means, if I saw a volume picking up at lows, I'll seek for long positions and if I saw colime spike up at highs , I'll seek for short entries. If I saw it in consolidation area, I'll wait for a good sonicR which breaks out from consolidation area. It's makes your trade very reliable if you see a volume on lows before you go long (see my U/J trade last week).

But after I'm in a trade, volume in candles atract my attention too. This way, when for example I'm long in a trade, If I saw a candle with a good volume while I'm in profit, I be more cautious, because price may stall there or even reverse. but it's probable to move in my desired direction after that too, that's why I'll have an eye on it. (for example see 13:30 GMT candle for U/CHF yesterday. It may give you some clue why I closed my long trade after price hits 1.0800)

I hope I was clear enough

Regards,
Basber

DanPa Mar 10, 2010 11:12am | Post# 10730

EU long

1 Attachment(s)
+50 pips job done! all out!
Click to Enlarge

Name: eu long 10 03 50pips.jpg
Size: 135 KB

LittleTrader Mar 10, 2010 11:48am | Post# 10731

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: 11th-0037-dash.jpg
Size: 234 KB

I missed EU .. Closed UJ and EJ for a tv show ..I know my daily target just 20pips .. but after a year trading like this .. this is making me crazy ..Especially when the moves on the trades goes in favor in actually hit my TP targets .. sigh ... i need a tv beside my workstation ..im might be the best example like basber just said ..

+50 pips job done! all out!
congrat man !

DanPa Mar 10, 2010 11:55am | Post# 10732

Attachment 436561

I missed EU .. i need a tv beside my workstation ..im might be the best example like basber just said ..

congrat man !
Maybe you need to throw away your TV! i did...!

Thank you!!!

DanPa Mar 10, 2010 12:49pm | Post# 10733

EU long

1 Attachment(s)
this is part two (yellow lines) ...i think...i hope!

EP 1.3632
TP 1.3696
SL 1.3595
Click to Enlarge

Name: eu long 10 03 part two.jpg
Size: 136 KB

traderathome Mar 10, 2010 2:52pm | Post# 10734

3 Attachment(s)
GU Potential Run Up:

At early beginnings of this session, which is coming to a close in about 2 hours, I posted it looked like GU had better potential for upside than EU (and others) because it was drifting up in arrears of EU and still below Weekly PV. The others are currently all up. GU has continued to consolidate for a move that is yet to happen. And all this consolidation, as well as the "W" in the PA, makes it appear even more likely this is due for a really good run up.

I increased NVO period to 96, a full 24 hour day, to see if it might not shed some light on where the trading interest is. Of course we expect more trading during prime market hours, which NVO shows. But it also shows yesterday trading followed PA down, and today it followed PA up......another bullish picture.

So, I am still bullish on GU and looking for a SonicR long trade setup. Current EP area is blue rectangle. If there is no significant upside move during the remainder of this session, then trading from the start of the new Asian session to next FO/LO will more than likely alter the EP, perhaps better defining it. A "big picture" is shown in the second chart. Even better perspective is shown by the third chart.

Finally, as Sonic says, "Let the market decide." PA could roll over and again go south.
Click to Enlarge

Name: # 336.gif
Size: 30 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: # 337.gif
Size: 24 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: # 338.gif
Size: 16 KB

traderathome Mar 10, 2010 2:59pm | Post# 10735

this is part two (yellow lines) ...i think...i hope!

EP 1.3632
TP 1.3696
SL 1.3595
DanPa, please post the indicator QQE.mq4 file you are using, as shown in your last chart. Thank you.

DanPa Mar 10, 2010 3:06pm | Post# 10736

qqe

1 Attachment(s)
DanPa, please post the indicator QQE.mq4 file you are using, as shown in your last chart. Thank you.
Sure!

PS/ i took +30pips on EU long!

EDIT
what i have it is from sonic RV3 zip file...nothing else (page1 of this thread).
###QQE_Alert_MTF_v5###.ex4

DanPa Mar 10, 2010 5:41pm | Post# 10737

gu

1 Attachment(s)
EP 1.5000 ....
Click to Enlarge

Name: gu long waiting.jpg
Size: 141 KB

Rastaman Mar 10, 2010 8:03pm | Post# 10738

1 Attachment(s)
Morning people.

Just reviewing the UJ trade I took yesterday but got out of because of the ranging at the resistance area and took BE+.

I can now see that entering this trade too late not only gave me a much wider stop and less profit but, had I entered correctly according to sonic rules, my SL would already have been at BE+ at the resistance area where price was ranging. Thus I could have stayed in the trade with zero emotional stress and my TP 2 would have been reached.
Click to Enlarge

Name: pic.jpg
Size: 164 KB

cardinale Mar 10, 2010 8:42pm | Post# 10739

Question re: Asian volume spike

1 Attachment(s)
There are volume spikes in several pairs. Does this attract anyone's attention or do you ignore because it's Asian session?

E.g. GU:
Click to Enlarge

Name: GU asian NVO spike.jpg
Size: 168 KB

cardinale Mar 10, 2010 8:51pm | Post# 10740

Same question

1 Attachment(s)
EG same situation:
Click to Enlarge

Name: EG asian NVO spike.jpg
Size: 176 KB

© Forex Factory