Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/137-interactive-trading)
-   -   Planetary Cycles Trading (EUR/USD) (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/108462-planetary-cycles-trading-eurusd)

Suryananda Mar 28, 2020 3:13pm | Post# 11161

{quote} Can you do more complecated cycle analysis, such as: - Moon-Mars conjunctions while Mars is in retrograde - Venus conjunctions while in combustion - Helio Mars Venus conjunctions per astrological sign - Mercury retrograde per sign - Venus conjunct sun after a solar eclipse Just to name a few.
I made those statistics more than 15 years ago. Have you done them too? I do not think so. Because you would know that in each market astrological ephemeris work in different ways. You would also know that heliocentric astrology lacks a deterministic basis.

Suryananda Mar 28, 2020 3:24pm | Post# 11162

{quote} Can you prove that statistically? Not that I think Gann is "the" answer, it is just a small piece in the bigger puzzel but he did test his methods and has proof. Statistically significant maybe as sample size was over 500, evidence that whatever he did worked. And herein lies the problem: In order to say that Gann is bogus you need to test his technique and in order to do that you need to know exacly what he knew. So unless you know what he knew and have tested that statistically, you cannot say that it was all bogus. And thats the last...

That is Gann's marketing advertising. The problem is that there are many mythomaniac people who believe in these things seriously.
Yes, I have statistically tested all the cycles of W.D. Gann and none works. It's all a lie. But if you believe that to be true then you are lucky. Because you will already be a rich man. Is it already?

Greetings.

PS: Here the one who makes the most money with Gann is Parisboy selling courses on Gann and other random cycles.

parisboy Mar 28, 2020 4:24pm | Post# 11163

{quote} That is Gann's marketing advertising. The problem is that there are many mythomaniac people who believe in these things seriously. Yes, I have statistically tested all the cycles of W.D. Gann and none works. It's all a lie. But if you believe that to be true then you are lucky. Because you will already be a rich man. Is it already? Greetings. PS: Here the one who makes the most money with Gann is Parisboy selling courses on Gann and other random cycles. .
are you a rich man after using your scientific statistical method ?

are you a rich man after using your astrological method ?

MoreYummy Mar 28, 2020 5:31pm | Post# 11164

{quote} That is Gann's marketing advertising. The problem is that there are many mythomaniac people who believe in these things seriously. Yes, I have statistically tested all the cycles of W.D. Gann and none works. It's all a lie. But if you believe that to be true then you are lucky. Because you will already be a rich man. Is it already? Greetings. PS: Here the one who makes the most money with Gann is Parisboy selling courses on Gann and other random cycles. .
What cycle of W.D. Gann have you tested that made the conclusion "it's all a lie" . ?

vinz3316 Mar 28, 2020 10:12pm | Post# 11165

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Here is a document showing each week for 2019... 3 losses, 49 wins... 2 of those were flat. ctrl-click on links to open Update: I just put together 2020 results... 12 weeks, 10 wins, 2 losses {file} {file}
Lets see this week if your ALGO will blast the 61.8 fibs resistance
Click to Enlarge

Name: 0.png
Size: 53 KB

jnevins Mar 28, 2020 10:27pm | Post# 11166

{quote} Lets see this week if your ALGO will blast the 61.8 fibs resistance {image}
The thing about my projection lines is that they are about changes in trend or trend continuation, but don't address price targets like a fib study would. Only time will tell.

sponge Mar 29, 2020 2:50am | Post# 11167

{quote} Here is a document showing each week for 2019... 3 losses, 49 wins... 2 of those were flat. ctrl-click on links to open Update: I just put together 2020 results... 12 weeks, 10 wins, 2 losses {file} {file}
Thanks that's impressive

parisboy Mar 29, 2020 4:30am | Post# 11168

Jerry it seems to be excellent statistics !

ExpertLevel Mar 29, 2020 7:34am | Post# 11169

{quote} It all depends on what time frame you are looking at. Cycles ebb and flow, they change, they invert. If they were that "fixed", no one would need to be thinking about any of this. Everyone would be infinitely wealthy.
Gann said that to use the cycle, you should 1st believe on the cycle.

on the 1929 prediction, he uses 60 years of cycle, until 3x looking back.

FxNature Mar 29, 2020 8:06am | Post# 11170

1 Attachment(s)
My outlook for next week, looks like a resume od downward bias into first decade of april.

Greetings.
Click to Enlarge

Name: pobrane.png
Size: 73 KB

toddao Mar 29, 2020 8:40am | Post# 11171

{quote} That is Gann's marketing advertising. The problem is that there are many mythomaniac people who believe in these things seriously. .
That's all I ask for. If enough believe a moving ave crossover works than I can join the crowd and the trend is my friend.

Ilovepippin Mar 29, 2020 8:53am | Post# 11172

{quote} I made those statistics more than 15 years ago. Have you done them too? I do not think so. Because you would know that in each market astrological ephemeris work in different ways. You would also know that heliocentric astrology lacks a deterministic basis. .
You are confused.
The heliocentric reference was a question related to the capabilities of Timing Solutions, not the Gann methodology.
And yes, each market has a different "vibration", something very clearly explained by Gann.

Ilovepippin Mar 29, 2020 11:38am | Post# 11173

{quote} Yes, Timing Solution is especially robust in this area#2 shows Moon-Mars conjunctions, the highlighted green line is when Mercury is in Rx.
Thank you.
So can your tool tell me the statistics between Mars-Moon conjunctions while Mars is in Rx on the EURUSD?

Its a biblical cyclefrom Luke 4:1-13 Jesus Is Tempted in the Desert

Thank you.

jnevins Mar 29, 2020 12:57pm | Post# 11174

5 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thank you. So can your tool tell me the statistics between Mars-Moon conjunctions while Mars is in Rx on the EURUSD? Its a biblical cyclefrom Luke 4:1-13 Jesus Is Tempted in the Desert Thank you.
Luke describes Jesus' fasting in the desert for 40 days and his being tempted by the Devil during that period. Lent is that time in the Christian calendar of 40 days of fasting and reflection leading up to Easter Sunday.

Mars becomes retrograde every 26 months and in 2020 will occur: "This year's Mars retrograde occurs in firey Aries from Wednesday, September 9, to Friday, November 13." a period of 65 days.

To start out, I use phase zodiac in my my projection lines for the most part. A phase zodiac means the period "New Mercury phase (i.e., zero degree) corresponds to the culmination of retrograde motion. " ST http://www.timingsolution.com/TS/Study/retrograde.pdf

Figure 1 shows a projection line of the DJIA daily chart since 1885 based on just Mars phase. It is gray because I just highlighted the periods in green where it is in Rx. Notice it rolled over in a rather dramatic way 1 week before the crash came beginning Feb. 20th. The data on the chart is just through March 12th.

Figure 2 shows the last Mars Rx and the delayed response again of the DJIA the turns in the Mars phase line preceded the market by 2 weeks.

Figure 3 shows the Mars Rx period in 2016. I inverted the curve to be "normal".

Figure 4 shows one of the statistical tools in TS, WFA, or Walk Forward Analysis. On a straight examination of Mars Phase over the data series of 30 cycles of 779.93 days each (the period from one Mars Rx to the next, going back to 1956, there is a negative correlation with 12 wins and 18 losses. The summary statement reads "It looks like this cycle is not working".

Figure 5: Next I ran the WFA back to 1892 and though the results are slightly better, with 28 wins and 32 losses, there is still a negative correlation.

All of this is to say that this curve shows promise if I use my own visual analysis, rather than a statistical one. The curve inverts, it comes sooner, it comes later. The next step is to spend lots of time to look at each instance back to 1885 of a CIT. What PA preceded an inversion of the curve? Many other factors come into play. That's why my usual answer to anyone who asks how they can learn to use this kind of analysis in their trading is, back test, back test, back test. Study relentlessly. I don't believe there is a simple mechanical astro system that can work to give consistent profits. Things are more subtle than that. Knowledge, intuition (which is knowledge borne from long experience) must come into play.

Experimentation, more study, etc. Since I don't see a direct analogy between 40 days in the desert and a 770.93 period cycle, perhaps a harmonic of it would prove effective. 779.93 days/19.45 (harmonic) = 40 days. More study, trust in the result, then enter the market based on your own deep personal experience.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 40 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture1.PNG
Size: 39 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture2.PNG
Size: 40 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture2a.PNG
Size: 30 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture3.PNG
Size: 28 KB

Suryananda Mar 29, 2020 2:34pm | Post# 11175

1 Attachment(s)
For the wonderful astrologers of this thread.
This is the sidereal revolution of the year 2020 with ayamansa Fagan-Allen.
Astrological interpretations are requested.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-03-29 18_30_14-Window.png
Size: 121 KB

sponge Mar 29, 2020 2:45pm | Post# 11176

1 Attachment(s)
I couldn't resist this but ....from the significant high on the 12th Feb we have 40 days to Sunday 29th so shift it forward to Mon 30th for a significant move.

I have a Fib time line sitting bang on the 29th

Just a bit of spooky fun for me
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 25 KB

Suryananda Mar 29, 2020 3:47pm | Post# 11177

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Luke describes Jesus' fasting in the desert for 40 days and his being tempted by the Devil during that period. Lent is that time in the Christian calendar of 40 days of fasting and reflection leading up to Easter Sunday. Mars becomes retrograde every 26 months and in 2020 will occur: "This year's Mars retrograde occurs in firey Aries from Wednesday, September 9, to Friday, November 13." a period of 65 days. To start out, I use phase zodiac in my my projection lines for the most part. A phase zodiac means the period "New Mercury phase (i.e.,...
I can't help but express my opinion on that kind of analysis.
1. From an astrological point of view it is completely incorrect.
2. From a statistical point of view it is extremely limited.
I don't want to say anything else.

To study a little astrology:
astrology-and-stock-market-forecasting.pdf
A well-done statistical study:
Mercury_Retrograde_Effect_in_Capital_Markets_Truth.pdf
Link:
https://www.researchgate.net/publica...th_or_Illusion

Spopo12000 Mar 29, 2020 4:10pm | Post# 11178

Outlook for next week... Up week in store. The Blue line is Venus-Venus, Right Ascension, 3rd harmonic, 100% smooth orb, Inverted. The Green line is Pluto - Saturn, Phase, 94th harmonic, 200% smooth orb also Inverted. {image}
Hi jerome
i have been following you forecasts for each week and have watched a couple of your videos on youtube. The accuracy of your analysis is quite impressive. I must commend you cause i have been practicing financial astrology for several months now and in my experience its only slightly easier to master than conventional technical analysis.Well done sir!
I have a question..How do you select the planetary aspects Jupiter-Venus, Venus-Venus, Jupiter-Galactic etc or the Harmonic number 70th, 94th 72th etc that you apply to your trading each week?
I know you must answered this question already ....any particular reason you only trade EURUSD?
Thanks

Ilovepippin Mar 29, 2020 4:38pm | Post# 11179

{quote} Luke describes Jesus' fasting in the desert for 40 days and his being tempted by the Devil during that period. Lent is that time in the Christian calendar of 40 days of fasting and reflection leading up to Easter Sunday. Mars becomes retrograde every 26 months and in 2020 will occur: "This year's Mars retrograde occurs in firey Aries from Wednesday, September 9, to Friday, November 13." a period of 65 days. To start out, I use phase zodiac in my my projection lines for the most part. A phase zodiac means the period "New Mercury phase (i.e.,...
Thank you JN, but thats not quite how I had it in mind. Let me explain. (and forget about the biblical explanation and focus on the cycle)

Last time Mars went retrograde in Aries was in 1988, August 26 to be exact.
It had 3 conjunctions with the moon during that period:
- August 29
- September 27
- October 22

Directly on or a day after those dates, the market went up (EURUSD).
I expect that again in September of 2020.
From my limited (and very time consuming) analysis I give this a 75% accuracy.
But, both criteria need to be present, Mars Rx and Conjunct Moon.

Ilovepippin Mar 29, 2020 4:51pm | Post# 11180

{quote} I can't help but express my opinion on that kind of analysis. 1. From an astrological point of view it is completely incorrect. 2. From a statistical point of view it is extremely limited. I don't want to say anything else. To study a little astrology: {image} A well-done statistical study: {image} Link: https://www.researchgate.net/publica...th_or_Illusion .
Surya,

That Mercury retrograde study is not done correctly.
You should know that not all retrogrades are the same, yet this study treats it as such.
There are water, air, fire and earth signs and this was not accounted for in this study.

Mercury is very well covered in the bible (see revelation and the 7 years of plenty and 7 years of famine of Joseph).
In there is stated the effects of mercury in each sign.

Mercury is also the smallest of the "little children":

"At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become
as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

I think it was "expertlevel" who credited Jupiter/Saturn for the 1929 crash, but look at Mercury. Robert Gordon didn't fight the war for no reason.

© Forex Factory