Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Planetary Cycles Trading (EUR/USD) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=108462)

Forexbuddy87 Mar 30, 2017 11:34am | Post# 8101

Sorry for my ignorance, if we continue to generate more models definitely there will be one that fit the shoe. So it will be similar to draw more trend lines or gann fan price will definitely 100% touch one of those line.
These models are generated a week in advance based on previous vibratory action.

piptakers Mar 30, 2017 11:34am | Post# 8102

{quote} Good work. Strong work. Where were you 10 yrs ago when I was nethers deep in astro? *insert obligatory Uranus joke*. Now that I can get at the swisseph in mt4, I just might get some of my old stuff going again.
Hehehehe.....

I was right there.... doing these thing for myself.

BTW, Its always Better To Be Late, Than Never....

If need my help, please feel free to ask....

Ya, dig out the old stuff of yours..... lets rejuvenate it.

Regards
piptakers

piptakers Mar 30, 2017 11:38am | Post# 8103

Here is another approach to Q Spectrum... 15 min EUR/USD and Q set to 100, 200, 400 Exponential Non Lag MA's I like the broad sine wave this combination gives... Setting LBC back has absolutely no effect on the shape of the curve... The next 2 charts are last week and the week before that... The pink background signifies that PA is invisible to Timing Solution. Thanks Piptakers... will check your indi out... {image} {image} {image}

Jerry,

A dumb question....

What this LBC and PA means?

Regards
piptakers

F.g Mar 30, 2017 1:47pm | Post# 8104

Today 30/3 Thu.

0:26 -Jup. sq. PL HELIO
8:32 - Moon Perigee
14:20 - Jup. sq PL . It created the top and will create the bottom, too...

Sixer Mar 30, 2017 2:23pm | Post# 8105

My explanation of this week`s EURUSD downmove reads like this:

"The ECB is happy to announce that we have nearly finished this months 80 B purchses of the QE program !!
Take into account that we will reduce it to 60 B only starting next month."

Sixer

Lunartrader9 Mar 30, 2017 4:01pm | Post# 8106

Today 30/3 Thu. 0:26 -Jup. sq. PL HELIO 8:32 - Moon Perigee 14:20 - Jup. sq PL . It created the top and will create the bottom, too...
Instead of Moon conjuct Uranus, you can use Moon Perigee. It''s almost the same and it''s easier to get the dates since they are posted all over the internet.

Ilovepippin Mar 30, 2017 4:13pm | Post# 8107

{quote} Instead of Moon conjuct Uranus, you can use Moon Perigee. It''s almost the same and it''s easier to get the dates since they are posted all over the internet.
Did you notice the aggressive turns on almost every currency since the new moon?

jnevins Mar 30, 2017 4:23pm | Post# 8108

{quote} Jerry, A dumb question.... What this LBC and PA means? Regards piptakers

There are no dumb questions...

PA= price action

LBC,= Learning border cursor... the term Sergey uses for the last bar the program gets to see to keep it honest with prediction lines.

If I set LBC back to 1 week prior, then I can test models that would have worked well for the current week's PA. It is as if I actually went back in time and didn't have access to the most current data.

jnevins Mar 30, 2017 4:28pm | Post# 8109

I've been using this model for the week. Uranus and Mars. Looking for a reversal as well. {image}
Thanks FB87.... what are the settings you are using? harmonic, helio, etc....

Lunartrader9 Mar 30, 2017 4:34pm | Post# 8110

{quote} Did you notice the aggressive turns on almost every currency since the new moon?
Yes..new and full moon work good for a time but then they get out of synch with the markets. I think the Moon Perigee dates are more accurate over the long haul in predicting turns or confirming recent trend changes on the daily charts.

jnevins Mar 30, 2017 4:46pm | Post# 8111

{quote} Yes..new and full moon work good for a time but then they get out of synch with the markets. I think the Moon Perigee dates are more accurate over the long haul in predicting turns or confirming recent trend changes on the daily charts.
For your back testing pleasure....
From Earth and Sky: http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essent...-moons-in-2016

Lunar apogees and perigees in 2016
Apogee Perigee
January 2 January 15

January 30 February 11
February 27 March 10
March 25 April 7
April 21 May 6
May 18 June 3
June 15 July 1
July 13 July 27
August 10 August 22
September 6 September 18
October 4 October 16
October 31 November 14
November 27 December 12
December 25 January 10, 2017

JR97 Mar 30, 2017 4:56pm | Post# 8112

{quote} Yes..new and full moon work good for a time but then they get out of synch with the markets. I think the Moon Perigee dates are more accurate over the long haul in predicting turns or confirming recent trend changes on the daily charts.
Ever pay attention to Moon VoC? Waaaaaaay back in my first foray into astro, that's all I did. Moon VoC and Lunar quarters along with standard pivots. I was in a demo trading contest and took $3k to over $300k in a month. Did that two months in a row.

Lunartrader9 Mar 30, 2017 5:02pm | Post# 8113

{quote} Ever pay attention to Moon VoC? Waaaaaaay back in my first foray into astro, that's all I did. Moon VoC and Lunar quarters along with standard pivots. I was in a demo trading contest and took $3k to over $300k in a month. Did that two months in a row.
Wow! Nice! Too bad it wasn't real money!!

I've looked some into Moon VOC. Very little. I get the impression you don't use it anymore. Why??

Yes, quarters work too..but just like Full and new moons, they will get out of synch with the markets for some time. I should study VOC more. I know some very good traders use it but not before declination or perigee if I remember correctly.

altoronto Mar 30, 2017 8:06pm | Post# 8114

2 Attachment(s)
Hi guys, I did some code changes and I added Mean and True South Node (Rahu/Ketu), Interpreted Apogee and Perigee in Planet Cycles indicator. Please don't forget to replace swisseph in "include" folder.

Have fun!
swisseph.mqh
Planet Cycles 1.04.ex4

JR97 Mar 30, 2017 9:55pm | Post# 8115

{quote} Wow! Nice! Too bad it wasn't real money!! I've looked some into Moon VOC. Very little. I get the impression you don't use it anymore. Why?? Yes, quarters work too..but just like Full and new moons, they will get out of synch with the markets for some time. I should study VOC more. I know some very good traders use it but not before declination or perigee if I remember correctly.
Demo trading contests are so unrealistic. If that were real money, I would have been decreasing the trade amounts over time rather than jacking them up. 1% risked on $100k is more than enough for me to live on. But for the trading contest I was building some massive pyramids... mostly bottom heavy, but the occasional inverted when the setups were there. Doing that with real money would be dumb unless it was absolutely money you could wipe your butt with. Not that I haven't been dumb... because I have been.. and flushed a lot of money away trying to trade contest style with real money. So dumb.

I've moved on from astro as a timing tool. It's correlative, as you mentioned. I'd rather trade causal cycles for the most part. However, astro is fun to mess around with and I've built out some seriously accurate cycles in other platforms over the years both long term and intraday.

Right now, I'm settled in with what I do. Daily ranges and Nadex binaries and either my price-time cycle forecast or my newish trader-time cycle forecast. With the Nadex binaries it's so much easier betting on where price isn't going to go than guess where and how far I think it'll go. Astro would just be for poops and giggles. Maybe make a commercial product/brand and sell $500 hard cover books and $99/month software.

Sixer Mar 31, 2017 2:53am | Post# 8116

1 Attachment(s)
I want to warn the followers of the "New Moon" approach presented from Lunartrader9 based on Larry Pesavento.
Jerry has shown that it has no significance for the EURUSD.
Here is the Daily chart since the beginning of 2016 again.

Sixer
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD(D)-30.3.17.gif
Size: 45 KB

Lunartrader9 Mar 31, 2017 3:06am | Post# 8117

I want to warn the followers of the "New Moon" approach presented from Lunartrader9 based on Larry Pesavento. Jerry has shown that it has no significance for the EURUSD. Here is the Daily chart since the beginning of 2016 again. Sixer {image}
I'm sorry but my method has nothing to do with Larry Pesavento. I have no idea how he trades so if there is a similarity it is by chance.

I have found it useful to use Moon conjunct Uranus or Moon Perigee to find turning points in the USD EUR pair and have posted the charts showing the turning points and how to trade them.

Lunartrader9 Mar 31, 2017 3:25am | Post# 8118

1 Attachment(s)
I want to warn the followers of the "New Moon" approach presented from Lunartrader9 based on Larry Pesavento. Jerry has shown that it has no significance for the EURUSD. Here is the Daily chart since the beginning of 2016 again. Sixer {image}
I just looked up Larry Pesavento and how he trades. He trades using Fibonacci ratios and pattern recognition.

Neither of which has anything to do with what I do.

I don't mind someone criticizing my method but be factual and accurate. What you wrote was a total misrepresentation of my posts. And if you look at my charts and say there is no significance, then god bless you.

Here is the chart for February thru August 2016 with my moon/uranus dates.

Tell me you can honestly say that the dates don't call turning points accurately.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot 2017-03-31 at 3.19.46 AM.png
Size: 161 KB

piptakers Mar 31, 2017 4:03am | Post# 8119

sixer,

Great.

btw, can you put it in 2 parts, one from Jan to Jun end and other as July to Dec end ?

Regards
piptakers

Sixer Mar 31, 2017 4:47am | Post# 8120

3 Attachment(s)
Here is the chart from post #8116 divided in 6 months each.

I was refering to Pesaventos "A Trader`s Guide to Financial Astrology".
The gif shows the buy and sell dates of the 4th quarter 2016.

Sixer
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD-1(D).gif
Size: 31 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD-2(D).gif
Size: 36 KB
Name:  B+S-04-2016.gif
Views: 897
Size:  20 KB

© Forex Factory