Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Planetary Cycles Trading (EUR/USD) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=108462)

jameshong Sep 23, 2008 2:28am | Post# 1

Planetary Cycles Trading (EUR/USD)

1 Attachment(s)
2008.08.01 Total Solar Eclipse, change the trend.
2008.09.08 Pluto Change the direction, change the trend again.

and now,
2008.09.24 Mercury change the direction and mars opposite saturn(euro chart),

maybe this means not a trend change but i think it's time to sell.
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurusd20080923_1.png
Size: 17 KB

Ted1983 Sep 23, 2008 2:35am | Post# 2

My tea leaves say go long.hmmmmmmm?

maheswara Sep 23, 2008 6:14am | Post# 3

u cant be serious ... how do u detect change of pluto's direction ??

Yaad Sep 23, 2008 6:24am | Post# 4

Oh wow

forextrend Sep 23, 2008 6:55am | Post# 5

I also want to know how you detect plutos direction.

Ted1983 Sep 23, 2008 7:01am | Post# 6

Phuk me Pluto changed direction!

And to think for all those billions of years its just been orbiting the same way round.

Anyway pluto is NOT A PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So you arent even talking about planetary cycles.

jameshong Sep 23, 2008 7:23am | Post# 7

I also want to know how you detect plutos direction.
you can find that from...
http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

maheswara Sep 23, 2008 7:25am | Post# 8

Phuk me Pluto changed direction!

And to think for all those billions of years its just been orbiting the same way round.

Anyway pluto is NOT A PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So you arent even talking about planetary cycles.
pluto is a planet , its just not included in our solar system anymore cos its too far away ...
y would anyone go so far to as predicting the market using planets movements ...
i think the answer lies in the word prediction ...

auxesis Sep 23, 2008 8:31am | Post# 9

Jameshong,

You are probably on the wrong forum to discuss planetary aspects and trading, the main consensus here is EA and systematic trading approaches for the most part.

Look for one of the old members here Akuma99 and search around. You may find some place more favorable to your tastes.

fwiw,

opie999 Sep 23, 2008 10:08am | Post# 10

Isn't anyone going to ask for an EA?

Hey, if the moon can affect the tides of the oceans and the sun determines climate, why can't planets influence the markets? Think about it. Everyone knows the position of the stars at the time you were born profoundly affects the way your personality develops and the decisions you make on life's path. The planets are much much closer to us than the stars. There may be something to this so please give the guy a chance. Maybe he can post some celestial MT4 indicators.

lostinspace Sep 23, 2008 12:01pm | Post# 11

Hi jameshong

Isn't this (closely?) related to Delta Phenomena cyclical analysis?

If it is then it can be amazingly accurate, I followed it for a while a few years ago until it went out of sync (which happens sometimes apparently).

I saved this from somewhere but can't remember where so I can't credit the author, if anyone knows who it was please let me know.....

http://i38.tinypic.com/sc5njq.jpg

Saint Stevo Sep 23, 2008 12:44pm | Post# 12

Everyone knows the position of the stars at the time you were born profoundly affects the way your personality develops and the decisions you make on life's path.
Everyone knows?

I think you'll find that most people (including me) know this is hogwash.

Islander Sep 23, 2008 12:48pm | Post# 13

I believe that there are a few - very few - successful traders using astrological input and they tend not to talk about it, but these comments are worth remembering.....

Financial astrology, one of the most fascinating branches of astrology, has been around for centuries. Traders in grains and precious metals in ancient India used it to set buy and sell times in the markets. Aristotle recorded the story of Thales of Miletus (699-635 BC), who used his knowledge of heavenly cycles to predict a bumper olive crop, and turned a handsome profit on the rental of olive presses.
Financial astrology has been been used in modern times as well. Walt Disney used astrology to pick the best times for launching his multi-million-dollar entertainment projects. The legendary stock and commodities trader W. D. Gann put astrological principles to work when he made astonishingly accurate market forecasts months, and sometimes years, in advance. Billionaire J. P. Morgan consulted with astrologer Evangeline Adams in timing some of his most important business and investment moves. Adams noted that "J. Pierpont Morgan, the world's biggest financier, drove the world before him because he had astrology behind him." In fact, it was J. P. Morgan who said, "Millionaires don't use astrology; billionaires do!"

opie999 Sep 23, 2008 12:56pm | Post# 14

Everyone knows?

I think you'll find that most people (including me) know this is hogwash.
Mm hm...Scorpio.

opie999 Sep 23, 2008 12:58pm | Post# 15

...it was J. P. Morgan who said, "Millionaires don't use astrology; billionaires do!"

Excellent quote. Just goes to show, you can't argue with success.

auxesis Sep 23, 2008 1:52pm | Post# 16

The only thing that's constant in life - is that things change, and nature itself is cyclical. Days, Seasons, The Tides ect........

Wither or not one can derive a trade edge from planetary or lunar movements/cycles is debatable, but the effects on wildlife and the physical aspects of the earth can easily be seen.

If our brain and body is mostly water why not?

opie999 Sep 23, 2008 2:47pm | Post# 17

Scientists think migratory birds use the earth's magnetic fields to navigate unerringly for thousands of miles. Iron is an essential nutrient for human health and well being. Coincidence? I think not.

Islander Sep 23, 2008 3:18pm | Post# 18

Excellent quote. Just goes to show, you can't argue with success.

....perhaps the other, more recent and slightly less successful "morgans" either forgot to read up on their history, or were using the wrong ephemeris http://www.forexfactory.com/images/icons/icon11.gif

Ted1983 Sep 23, 2008 4:30pm | Post# 19

pluto is a planet , its just not included in our solar system anymore cos its too far away ...
y would anyone go so far to as predicting the market using planets movements ...
i think the answer lies in the word prediction ...
Don't want to cause a big debate or anything (unless it stays reasonably friendly). Nevertheless Pluto is now considered to be Kuiper belt object. Although of course it was once considered a planet.

I guess the OP started this thread for a laugh anyway?

Ted1983 Sep 23, 2008 4:34pm | Post# 20

Hi jameshong

Isn't this (closely?) related to Delta Phenomena cyclical analysis?

If it is then it can be amazingly accurate, I followed it for a while a few years ago until it went out of sync (which happens sometimes apparently).

I saved this from somewhere but can't remember where so I can't credit the author, if anyone knows who it was please let me know.....

http://i38.tinypic.com/sc5njq.jpg

It is well known that prices exhibit diurnal tendancies. We all know that vol is greater during London. This is just a case of attribution bias and wish thinking gone mad.

© Forex Factory