Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/69-platform-tech)
-   -   Drawing MT4 S&R and trend lines (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/10783-drawing-mt4-sr-and-trend-lines)

grajo Nov 29, 2006 7:58pm | Post# 1

Drawing MT4 S&R and trend lines

Hello,

I have not been able to find an answer to this question in the forum. It's rather simple, but forgive me...

Is it possible to draw support and resistance lines as well as trend lines in MT4 that are "short"???

For example, if I add a support line using the toolbar, I do not want the line to extend all the way across the chart, which it does by default. I just want a nice short line under my identified area of support, an inch or so long, so it doesn't interfere with other lines etc.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

Thanks,

grajo

smjones Nov 29, 2006 8:01pm | Post# 2

Just draw your line and then double click on it so it is selected. Then right click, then select trendline properties. then un-check the box marked Ray.

Hello,

I have not been able to find an answer to this question in the forum. It's rather simple, but forgive me...

Is it possible to draw support and resistance lines as well as trend lines in MT4 that are "short"???

For example, if I add a support line using the toolbar, I do not want the line to extend all the way across the chart, which it does by default. I just want a nice short line under my identified area of support, an inch or so long, so it doesn't interfere with other lines etc.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

Thanks,

grajo

grajo Nov 30, 2006 9:32am | Post# 3

Thank you, smjones. That's a big help.

Can you tell me if there is a way to do the same thing with just a horizontal line, for example when just drawing S&R lines??? I do not see a "Ray" check box option under horizontal line properties.

Thanks again, and BTW as a new trader with much to learn, I have always enjoyed learning from your posts and input on the forums.

mrgreen Nov 30, 2006 10:59am | Post# 4

Just use the same 'trendline tool' "/" to create the horizontal lines. It is just an all purpose line drawing tool.
Can you tell me if there is a way to do the same thing with just a horizontal line, for example when just drawing S&R lines??? I do not see a "Ray" check box option under horizontal line properties.

smjones Nov 30, 2006 11:05am | Post# 5

Thanks Green, I did not see this post until now.

Scott

Just use the same 'trendline tool' "/" to create the horizontal lines. It is just an all purpose line drawing tool.

mrgreen Nov 30, 2006 11:21am | Post# 6

I had to balance my Karma from my earlier "grumbly" posts. Probably see a load of helpfull stuff from SummitFX soon
Thanks Green, I did not see this post until now.

Scott

grajo Nov 30, 2006 10:30pm | Post# 7

Thanks very much guys! I'll just use the trendline tool to draw S&R as well.

Thanks again for your help to a new guy.

grajo

Forex Star Feb 19, 2008 10:45pm | Post# 8

Thanks very much guys! I'll just use the trendline tool to draw S&R as well.

Thanks again for your help to a new guy.

grajo
This is good. I have a question. I am also a newbie. I want to know how to put a market price on the horizonal line.

Thank you.

Forex Star.

FxHadji Mar 26, 2008 5:50am | Post# 9

Show object description

This is good. I have a question. I am also a newbie. I want to know how to put a market price on the horizonal line.

Thank you.

Forex Star.
Hi There,

Double click the horizontal or Trendline then click on property.
Use the Description, type on it whatever you want to be shown
on the chart. Then after, right click anywhere on the chart then click
on the property, then select "Common" then Check on "Show object
property"

Hope it helps,

fxhadji

© Forex Factory