Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   CCI BreakOut System (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/1053302-cci-breakout-system)

toledoFX Jan 13, 2021 5:08pm | Post# 1

CCI BreakOut System

Hello mates! Glad to be back on this great forum, where i got much experience and knowledge for my trading. I made my long way in trading with TMS - the best thread ever and the best way to trade ever. But life is going forward, things are changing and we have to adapt our trading style and make it comfortable and easy for ourselfs. So that's why i want to continue the big work that was made by my mate Whatever - the person whom i know for many years in real life and with whom we work in our trading school together.

System hasn't changed much, you can get all information you need from the ORIGINAL THREAD.

We will do the same things as before on original thread - BreakOut trading with CCI confirmation. We will watch candle patterns as additional confirmation, use the right timing and stay disciplined. That will be an interesting journey where we would Learn and Earn together!

toledoFX Jan 20, 2021 6:54am | Post# 2

5 Attachment(s)
So the system hasn't changed much. The main things are the same - BreakOut point and CCI confirmation. You can read more about the system rules in THIS POST.

Psyhology and discipline are the key not only with this system, but it's the key in trading! You should follow simple rules, also using right timing, following momentum and using the right pairs to trade. Learn your pair, learn how it moves, what is the best time for it, how it reacts on different candle formations and so on. That brings success. The thing is not only in rules and indicators, you should understand what you do and how the market moves. None system will work if you blindly follow indicators only.

Here is the simple example of today's move on EUR/AUD. Price found a good support level on the Round Number and broke that level on the London Open candle after some consolidation. Very clear and simple one.
Attachment 3840344

Template is attached. Also there are 3 indies from tmpl, very easy ones. One shows Round Numbers, which are also support/demand levels, price often reacts on that levels, and two other indies are London session and NY session boxes.
BreakOut_BOX_4_London_indicator.ex4
BreakOut_BOX_4_NewYork_OpeningRange_indicator.ex4
SweetSpotsGold.ex4
CCI-M15-TimeBox.tpl

Garrus Jan 21, 2021 7:02am | Post# 3

Today morning were a few nice setups. Look at GU,UCH,EG. You could even got a few pips on EU,AN.

Garrus Jan 21, 2021 8:22am | Post# 4

EJ just exploded boom!

toledoFX Jan 21, 2021 10:32am | Post# 5

1 Attachment(s)
Today we have a great situation on EUR/JPY. We don't use this pair often, but that's a great picture of how our BreakOut system works. Very beautiful and clear signal.

Clear Double Top during a day - that was a very strong level. Price moved smooth due to EU news data and broke that level easily with full CCI confirmation. Note candles form before BO - there was no move on the market, candles were with wicks on the both sides, price consolidated for a good smooth powerful move. That's the best opportunity to enter. Try to avoid trades after big candles and when price already made a big move.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURJPYM15.png
Size: 50 KB

Garrus Jan 21, 2021 10:48am | Post# 6

Which pairs do You trade?

toledoFX Jan 21, 2021 11:26am | Post# 7

Which pairs do You trade?
First of all we trade EUR/AUD, GBP/USD and Gold (mainly NY session). Also we watch and trade sometimes EUR/JPY, GBP/JPY and GBP/AUD. But the last 3 pairs are pretty quick, so you have to be careful with them.

toledoFX Jan 22, 2021 7:48am | Post# 8

1 Attachment(s)
Here what we have on Gold this morning. This is not a perfect situation, but we can learn from it. The best setups we have when CCI gives a first cross and there is a clear BO of a strong level. On this picture we see, that CCI had few crosses before - so that was not A+ setup.

We have an interesting situation with a breakout line - this is a frequently asked question how to draw that line. I would draw it exactly like it's on this picture (blue line) and enter on breaking that line. Lower we have another level (the low of the day), but if we wait to enter until braking that level, our SL would be bigger on 10-15 pips and our target will be smaller. So i would enter right on the candle which marked with a red arrow on braking the low of the previous candle. CCI gave us a confirmation on the previous candle, that's a good call.

When we are in the trade we see how price reacted the low of the day - made a test, had some consolidation and broke it with a powerful move. No worries here, we keep our eye on the chart and ready to get out if price refuse to move lower. That's why we enter earlier - we have +10 pips around that level (the low of the day), so we have time to see what happens next with no risks.
Click to Enlarge

Name: XAUUSDM15.png
Size: 57 KB

Garrus Jan 22, 2021 9:13am | Post# 9

Here what we have on Gold this morning. This is not a perfect situation, but we can learn from it. The best setups we have when CCI gives a first cross and there is a clear BO of a strong level. On this picture we see, that CCI had few crosses before - so that was not A+ setup. We have an interesting situation with a breakout line - this is a frequently asked question how to draw that line. I would draw it exactly like it's on this picture (blue line) and enter on breaking that line. Lower we have another level (the low of the day), but if we wait...
I was watching this situacion on Gold and would prefer to enter after BO daily low. But it was a good trade

toledoFX Jan 25, 2021 6:38am | Post# 10

1 Attachment(s)
Easy one on EUR/JPY this morning. Price formed a clear level during the day and it was broken with good momentum and full CCI confirmation on the start of the second hour of London session. CCI(100) gave us a first cross - that's a good call. Try to avoind entries when CCI gives too much crosses per day. It's the best situation when BO comes with a first CCI cross.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 54 KB

toledoFX Jan 25, 2021 7:37am | Post# 11

1 Attachment(s)
Another situation that we had today. Signal on Gold wasn't perfect, because of early CCI(14) cross. But BreakOut was clear and CCI(100) gave the confirmation right on the BO candle. After reversal on the bottom price made an up move, formed a Double Top and made some consolidation before another up move. After consolidation we have a candle with a great mometum, CCI confirmed, Dobule Top was broken. No reasons to skip the trade. SL was tight, so no risks here.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 56 KB

toledoFX Jan 27, 2021 1:40pm | Post# 12

1 Attachment(s)
Let's take a look on EUR/AUD situation this afternoon. We god a signal from CCI and had a BreakOut of the Daily High. But was that a good trade to enter or it was a risky one? Let's see.

That huge green candle before entry made our SL too large. I always say that you should learn your pair to know it's volatility, to know it's behavior. Move from the bottom to the top was too quick - that's not a good call, SL is large - that's not good. The best entry always comes after some consolidation, when price has a range box and then brakes it. In today's situation price already moved up quickly more that 25 pips, so we should understand that our entry is risky. When we work with our mates i always say to avoid entries right after big candles. You should catch that big candles in your trades, but not to enter after them.

So after that price made a test of the Daily High and made a BO. It's a valid entry following the rules. But! You should always remember that there are different types of signals - some of them are perfect, and some signals are risky. Entering after big move is always a risky one.

Stay green, mates!
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUDM15.png
Size: 55 KB

toledoFX Jan 28, 2021 5:56am | Post# 13

1 Attachment(s)
London Open situation on Gold. That's not the best timing for this instrument, but we are still learning and watching different situations to understand the system and market behavior better.

We see a BreakOut candle at the start of London session. It's quick and large. What CCI is telling us? This is not the first cross on both CCI, so that's not a good call, signal is not A+. We see the Double Bottom as a low of the day - that's a strong level which we take as SL, but it's too large, so our risks are high.

Timing is not perfect for Gold, we try to take it mainly on NY session, so here after BO price took some time to consolidate. Now we see how it's moving around the level (strong one with additional Round Number there) and we have a huge amount of time to make a decision. We are still green even despite the signal was risky. If our SL is around 50 pips, our target should be not less. As for now our trade is around +25 pips up if we are still in, and for me there are two ways for now - close it with TP hit (around +50 pips) or close it at BE with no loss.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 58 KB

toledoFX Jan 29, 2021 5:20am | Post# 14

1 Attachment(s)
Perfect situation on EUR/JPY this morning. I guess no additional explanation needed here. BO of the Daily High with full CCI confirmation on the start of London session with very tight SL.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 50 KB

toledoFX Jan 29, 2021 8:40am | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
Another situation on London session for today, GBP/JPY. Good move with a BO of Daily High, but we can see here two points to enter. I see a valid entry at the first cross of CCI (first green arrow). Yes, price made a retracement after that and consolidate some power to break that level, but for me it's always better to enter a little but earlier, if you have all needed confiramtions and if you see that your entry is valid. I would not wait until price clearly break the Daily High, my the entry is on the braking of London's session High with CCI confirmation. No rush after that, price moves like it always do with the test of the level, some consolidation and powerful continuation move.

If you miss that entry or had some doubts - there was another chance to enter (second green arrow). Clear and very easy one.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPYM15.png
Size: 55 KB

Luciano26 Jan 29, 2021 9:59am | Post# 16

Hello, I like this system to try, i have only a question : Why you have choose 15M timeframe ?
1) Is that the best timeframe for this strategy ?
2) What do you think about 1H timeframe for this strategy?

Thanks in advance,
Luciano

toledoFX Jan 29, 2021 10:17am | Post# 17

Hello, I like this system to try, i have only a question : Why you have choose 15M timeframe ? 1) Is that the best timeframe for this strategy ? 2) What do you think about 1H timeframe for this strategy? Thanks in advance, Luciano
Hello mate! I like to trade intraday and to take 1-3 trades per day. I find H1 the best timeframe for trading ever, it's much more "technical" and signals on this TF are more safe and certain, but for now H1 timeframe is too slow to trade it intraday. I worked with H1 for a long time, but few years ago i had to move on M15 to get more quick picture, if you know what i mean.

This system works on all TFs, but the best for using are M15, M30 and H1.

Luciano26 Jan 29, 2021 10:54am | Post# 18

{quote} Hello mate! I like to trade intraday and to take 1-3 trades per day. I find H1 the best timeframe for trading ever, it's much more "technical" and signals on this TF are more safe and certain, but for now H1 timeframe is too slow to trade it intraday. I worked with H1 for a long time, but few years ago i had to move on M15 to get more quick picture, if you know what i mean. This system works on all TFs, but the best for using are M15, M30 and H1.
Very clear , I totally understand mate, thanks for your respond, I appreciate it.

I'm gonna test it couple of weeks and will give my feedback too, looks solid strategy, thanks for your contribution.

All the best,
Luciano

giselle1723 Jan 30, 2021 1:35am | Post# 19

1 Attachment(s)
looks like a similar method of mine......

Click to Enlarge

Name: .png
Size: 135 KB

anhkklun Jan 30, 2021 6:57am | Post# 20

looks like a similar method of mine...... {image}
Can you share your model please thank you!

© Forex Factory