Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   On Point (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/1047434-on-point)

rtiger29 Dec 16, 2020 10:46am | Post# 41

Not sure if there's a bug with the template, but each chart on my screen has EURCAD at the bottom right. Is anyone else seeing this? How do i get it to match the actual chart?

Wags Dec 16, 2020 10:52am | Post# 42

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure if there's a bug with the template, but each chart on my screen has EURCAD at the bottom right. Is anyone else seeing this? How do i get it to match the actual chart?

add this to your indi folder

currency1_4.mq4

Wags Dec 16, 2020 11:13am | Post# 43

1 Attachment(s)
USD CAD was to good a RR to only hit once

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCADM30.png
Size: 40 KB

Wags Dec 16, 2020 2:31pm | Post# 44

2 Attachment(s)
went out to make risotto and forgot to set Sl , hope its an exhaustion move, looks like it is tbh

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCADM30-fsl.png
Size: 47 KB
UPDATE: forex gods were with me closed in small profit lol, wont do that again

Click to Enlarge

Size: 41 KB

Wags Dec 16, 2020 2:46pm | Post# 45

1 Attachment(s)
Question: Do you imagine whats going on at other TF's without looking at them ?

I do and always thinking of how things look on H1 if trading lower, i suppose its because i have traded h1 above for so long, im on M30 and thought that this would look like a great pinbar on H1, even if it started on the half hour its still a H1 pinbar

Click to Enlarge

Size: 33 KB

Wags Dec 16, 2020 2:54pm | Post# 46

1 Attachment(s)
When you see a rejection like that yoou have to get on board , confirmimg with POC break

SL set this time though

Click to Enlarge

Wags Dec 16, 2020 2:59pm | Post# 47

1 Attachment(s)
How rejection looks on H1

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCADH1.png

Wags Dec 16, 2020 3:28pm | Post# 48

1 Attachment(s)
TP about to be hit on USD CAD for about 10 pips, it may go t 2000 pips but thats not the strat

Why stay in trades to watch price whip your ass for a few extra pips?

7% + gain on acc today

Click to Enlarge

Size: 48 KB

Wags Dec 16, 2020 4:02pm | Post# 49

8 Attachment(s)
Plenty of trades for overnight and tomorrow coming up

Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDUSDM30.png
Size: 50 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: CHFJPYM30.png
Size: 56 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURCHFM30.png
Size: 59 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURGBPM30.png
Size: 44 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDM30.png
Size: 51 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDCHFM30.png
Size: 56 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDUSDM30.png
Size: 58 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDJPYM30.png
Size: 47 KB

ulle73 Dec 16, 2020 4:38pm | Post# 50

looks great!! great first day!

Do u only take trades of the value area high? (thick red line) do you set a fixed SL? Have any fixed TP or rules when to move SL to BE etc?

Wags Dec 16, 2020 4:59pm | Post# 51

looks great!! great first day! Do u only take trades of the value area high? (thick red line) do you set a fixed SL? Have any fixed TP or rules when to move SL to BE etc?

It worked out well today

The red line is POC of period last 6 day of trading volume, i first look at this and see if POC's from each daily trading voloume ( blue dashed lines ) linre up closely to the 6 day POC.

SL is based around 20 - 30 pips depending on ATR of currency pair or if previous days VAH or VAL are in the right position i use these as SL areas

TP is based on VAH, VAL of previous day or a daily POC from any of last 10 days ( which ever comes first and looks strongest based on the profile of volume between volume on time range and daily volume profiles

I do like to move to BE early as i can but i take into consideration the PA as a guide as well

Wags Dec 16, 2020 5:45pm | Post# 52

2 Attachment(s)
Coding Request:

Is there anyone out there who can code Marketprofile.mq4 to show a kind of POC heatmap, such as red for closext POC and gradually getting cooler colours as we move back in history etc, ive done little bits of coding but this would be beyond me

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDM30.png
Size: 54 KB

MarketProfile.mq4

zamans98 Dec 16, 2020 6:54pm | Post# 53

and what is this? thread hijacking?
Unethical TBH.

netsrac Dec 17, 2020 1:01am | Post# 54

I have abandoned the past data indi approach to trading as it is not what i am looking for, when i say past data i mean any indi that looks back to calculate the ....
Very interesting thread, I'm in.
I think the last period is a good time to trade market profile. The markets seem indecisive and have been ranging back and forth.
Good luck with your trading and this thread!

Wags Dec 17, 2020 2:49am | Post# 55

{quote} Very interesting thread, I'm in. I think the last period is a good time to trade market profile. The markets seem indecisive and have been ranging back and forth. Good luck with your trading and this thread!
Thank you

Yes later on in the day can be very good, i look for imbalance and a narrow opening on the first hour of trading as well

Nothing really catching my eye this morning as an entry point atm though

Wags Dec 17, 2020 3:20am | Post# 56

1 Attachment(s)
Not a textbook trade but having a little punt short on AUDNZD

Even though price closed and then opened inside yesterdays value area it shot above before it came back and first few bars today created a tight range

Price broke previous day VAL and retraced to yesterdays POC with HVN on profile on time range, SL set above yesterday VAH and TP on main POC (red)

Only thing i do not like is POC from 2 days ago is sitting below

On a larger scale , possible head n shoulders pattern developing so might trail this one if it goes south

Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDNZDM30.png
Size: 62 KB

Jagg Dec 17, 2020 5:50am | Post# 57

2 Attachment(s)
Coding Request: Is there anyone out there who can code Marketprofile.mq4 to show a kind of POC heatmap, such as red for closext POC and gradually getting cooler colours as we move back in history etc, ive done little bits of coding but this would be beyond me {image} {file}
I liked the idea - thought this could be useful for me too so I coded a first test version with the new parameter "Median/POC Color Heatmap (now to past - comma sep. or blank)"

You can put in there a comma seperated list of colors
=> first entry is the color for the current profile
=> second entry is the color for the profile from yesterday for example and so on
If you have "SessionsToCount" set to 20 for example and you post only 5 colors in - only the last/newest 5 profiles get the colors you've set. All the older profiles (>5) get the last set color from your input.

leaving this new parameter blank / no colors in = everything like it was before

Please test and report back
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-12-17_MarketProfile_POC_Color_Heatmap.png
Size: 16 KB
MarketProfile_v1.16_POC_Heatmap.ex4

Wags Dec 17, 2020 6:05am | Post# 58

{quote} I liked the idea - thought this could be useful for me too so I coded a first test version with the new parameter "Median/POC Color Heatmap (now to past - comma sep. or blank)" You can put in there a comma seperated list of colors => first entry is the color for the current profile => second entry is the color for the profile from yesterday for example and so on If you have "SessionsToCount" set to 20 for example and you post only 5 colors in - only the last/newest 5 profiles get the colors you've set. All the older profiles (>5) gets the...
hi Jagg

i really appreciate what you have done , many thanks

i cannot download and try it out at the moment as late last night I broke my laptop charger with all my trading stuff on so Iím in the middle of fixing it and looking forward to trying it out then

wags

kd1 Dec 17, 2020 6:08am | Post# 59

Intractive Thread....subscribed...

can i have that ATR indi that shows on Right Upper Corner...Thanks

Wags Dec 17, 2020 6:10am | Post# 60

Intractive Thread....subscribed... can i have that ATR indi that shows on Right Upper Corner...Thanks

will do soon as I can get back online with my broken laptop , on my phone at present so cannot do anything until then

© Forex Factory