Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Guppy Multiple Moving Avarages (GMMA) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=10448)

karakoyunlar Nov 20, 2006 4:52pm | Post# 1

Guppy Multiple Moving Avarages (GMMA)

In this thread i would like to discuss GMMA experience. I hope you will enjoy and add your comments. Good luck to all!

karakoyunlar Nov 20, 2006 4:55pm | Post# 2

Indicators

3 Attachment(s)
the indicators in GMMA
GMMA Short.mq4
GMMA Long.mq4
Guppy Multiple Moving Average.doc

karakoyunlar Nov 20, 2006 4:57pm | Post# 3

docs on GMMA

3 Attachment(s)
some explanations on GMMA
Getting the GMMA right.doc
GMMA RELATIONSHIPS.doc
THE GMMA-Trading The Breakout.doc

karakoyunlar Nov 20, 2006 4:59pm | Post# 4

Oil

1 Attachment(s)
Oil try to break the short investors pressure. After breakout
the first target is weekly pivot 59.20 then
60.05 which is 0.61 retracement of last descent and
3rd target is weekly R1 60.60.
Name:  oil20110622_mma60.gif
Views: 39863
Size:  16 KB

karakoyunlar Nov 20, 2006 5:00pm | Post# 5

DJI mini

1 Attachment(s)
DJI mini future gone a long way and reached a top. A downward retracement can be expected.
1st target is 12290-300 weekly pivot zone and
2nd target is 12230-40 zone which is also points the 60 EMA on H4 charts.
Name:  dji_mini20110622_mma60.gif
Views: 38752
Size:  20 KB

karakoyunlar Nov 20, 2006 5:00pm | Post# 6

Gbpusd

1 Attachment(s)
The pair is still in an uptrend and the long investors do control the market ( red lines ). The upside targets are :

T1: 1.9045 0.61 retracement of last downtrend
T2: 1.9100 weekly resitance 1

1.8930 is 60EMA and now plays as a support line
Name:  gbpusd20110622_mma60.gif
Views: 38352
Size:  20 KB

clam61 Nov 20, 2006 5:02pm | Post# 7

do you find futures tend to trend more than forex?

karakoyunlar Nov 20, 2006 5:08pm | Post# 8

futures

the futures shows more compatible results than fx. i think in analysing any indicator the futures chart are more usefull. After confirmation of course fx market is more liqued and i prefer it.

do you find futures tend to trend more than forex?

fxnewbie Nov 20, 2006 5:11pm | Post# 9

Please share your experience in Gruppy MA

Yeah, i think it would be wonderful if someone shares his trading experiences
in GMMA.

clam61 Nov 20, 2006 5:35pm | Post# 10

whats a good broker to use for futures that uses metatrader or some good charting program (interactivebrokers stinks in terms of reporting and charting)

Akuma99 Nov 20, 2006 5:59pm | Post# 11

DJI mini future gone a long way and reached a top. A downward retracement can be expected.
1st target is 12290-300 weekly pivot zone and
2nd target is 12230-40 zone which is also points the 60 EMA on H4 charts.
Nice to see someone else using this concept, one question on the above comment, how do you call a retracement from here with investors still showing strength in the long GMMA, there is no evidence of compression, if anything if sticking with GMMA purely, it is ripe to go long. Just wondering, best of luck

clam61 Nov 20, 2006 6:37pm | Post# 12

Nice to see someone else using this concept, one question on the above comment, how do you call a retracement from here with investors still showing strength in the long GMMA, there is no evidence of compression, if anything if sticking with GMMA purely, it is ripe to go long. Just wondering, best of luck
from the GMMA all you can say is that the trend is weakening for sure.

this can be evident from the space between the short term and the long term averages--it is decreasing.

also, even though the long term averages are still relatively spread out, their angle with respect to the horizontal is decreasing

in addition, price is penetrating further and further into thelong term averages

this is not to say that it will for SURE retrace. this might be temporary weakness from which their will be new strength.

all you can say is that the trend is weaking for now

what i would do is still look to go long when the short term averages turn up. the trend is strong, there is a good probability you can book some profit or BE if you want to hold on or at least have a small loss. the strength of the trend will give a low probability of a blowout loss.

i would not go short until the long term averages have compressed and begin to expand

p.s. actually akuma you can see a bearish wolfe wave that almost hit the EPA line

willf Nov 20, 2006 6:50pm | Post# 13

whats a good broker to use for futures that uses metatrader or some good charting program (interactivebrokers stinks in terms of reporting and charting)
Not sure if they are a good broker because I only use their demo.

But North Finance offer futures. You need to right click and select 'show all' from the market watch window.

Good for demo if nothing else.

Akuma99 Nov 20, 2006 7:22pm | Post# 14

I've read Guppy's books on this one (and had emails with him also, nice fella), and the angle of the longer term averages will always decrease slightly when a pull back to that area occurs, that is normal and expected, what we want to look at is the spread of the longer term averages, which hasn't really compressed that much, and if that pullback has come from a "bubble" which in that case it didn't.

Not saying the prediction will be wrong, just observing the GMMA rules that's all

clam61 Nov 20, 2006 7:35pm | Post# 15

I've read Guppy's books on this one (and had emails with him also, nice fella), and the angle of the longer term averages will always decrease slightly when a pull back to that area occurs, that is normal and expected, what we want to look at is the spread of the longer term averages, which hasn't really compressed that much, and if that pullback has come from a "bubble" which in that case it didn't.

Not saying the prediction will be wrong, just observing the GMMA rules that's all
thanks for correcting me akuma

i have trend trading by guppy is that the one you have? to me its very wordy and my short attention span gets the best of me.

i want clear simple rules to follow....what are the entry rules to temporary trend weakness?

accrete Nov 21, 2006 3:30am | Post# 16

...i have trend trading by guppy is that the one you have? to me its very wordy and my short attention span gets the best of me...
Hi there, you might look up his VCD serries, specificaly "Better Trading with the Guppy Multiple Moving Average"...you play it on your computer and it is Guppy himself giving basicaly a video tutorial on using his averages. Very nice and easy to follow. I found my copy on eBay for less than 20 bucks.

: ) Thom

clam61 Nov 21, 2006 3:31am | Post# 17

Hi there, you might look up his VCD serries, specificaly "Better Trading with the Guppy Multiple Moving Average"...you play it on your computer and it is Guppy himself giving basicaly a video tutorial on using his averages. Very nice and easy to follow.

: ) Thom
yeah i got that one too. he tends to repeat himself a lot and i fall asleep.

will watch again tommrrow

Akuma99 Nov 21, 2006 4:26am | Post# 18

thanks for correcting me akuma

i have trend trading by guppy is that the one you have? to me its very wordy and my short attention span gets the best of me.

i want clear simple rules to follow....what are the entry rules to temporary trend weakness?
Yep I have that one, as well as Share Trading and Market Trading Tactics, I found them decent reads if not repetitive in parts that is true.

TheWicker Nov 21, 2006 4:35am | Post# 19

Before I started trading harmonics, trendline breaks, etc. I always traded with a system that had the guppy ma as main indicator. It was a different version, I think akuma made it, it was called rainbow3d and was a modified gmma, basicaly you waited for a signal to go long/short in the way of the guppy long term investors, and only when the second long term were above/beyond the long term investors and agreed along with "traders" you take a trade. I might share the whole complete system once when I have the time.

clam61 Nov 21, 2006 4:44am | Post# 20

Before I started trading harmonics, trendline breaks, etc. I always traded with a system that had the guppy ma as main indicator. It was a different version, I think akuma made it, it was called rainbow3d and was a modified gmma, basicaly you waited for a signal to go long/short in the way of the guppy long term investors, and only when the second long term were above/beyond the long term investors and agreed along with "traders" you take a trade. I might share the whole complete system once when I have the time.
the second long term above the long term?

© Forex Factory