Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Cable Update (GBPUSD) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=10378)

Jnita Feb 4, 2009 7:48am | Post# 117821

......i write all this rubbish and we sinking again someone is on a mission to take every1 money today, serious stop hunting happening today.....or is it just like that because of the time frame being used??????
LOL - and don't you just love that - takes out my SL (long trade) to continue in the direction up....

uut Feb 4, 2009 7:49am | Post# 117822

wtchiut shes moving uppp

nAVIN2007 Feb 4, 2009 7:50am | Post# 117823

1 Attachment(s)
I hope it isnt, at least we'll see some movement then whatever direction it wants to go!
this acted as a good indicator as well buddy
Click to Enlarge

Name: cable30mr.gif
Size: 27 KB

Abu-Rami Feb 4, 2009 7:54am | Post# 117824

1 H Closing

1 Attachment(s)
we have to close above the two red line to complete the uptrend...
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1h update.gif
Size: 43 KB

PipLand Feb 4, 2009 7:54am | Post# 117825

this acted as a good indicator as well buddy
Yeah I always check Eg and EU befor entering a trade.

I wanted to pull the trigger and go long at 4370 but i just couldnt do it being so close to the top of the daily downtrend line I may regret it. 25 more mins and should have some news, that could hand me a nice spike to grab onto for a long as long as the news is good

Gonzo Feb 4, 2009 7:55am | Post# 117826

DON'T

This is a message for the guys posting sell sell sell and sell at 13480. DO NOT POST THESE KIND OF MESSAGES IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. I am brand new to Forex and have been dummy trading and have just made a fatal mistake of jumping on somebody's post for my first trade. Sofia, Gatorinla and Pipland thanks for your posts I find them very useful when learning and to compare with what I'm seeing myself gives confidence so thank you. AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT DON'T POST.

nAVIN2007 Feb 4, 2009 7:57am | Post# 117827

LOL - and don't you just love that - takes out my SL (long trade) to continue in the direction up....
yes i hate that..do u place your stop behind important support or resistance levels cause this can make a great difference

good luck to u on future trades

PipLand Feb 4, 2009 7:58am | Post# 117828

I wanted to pull the trigger and go long at 4370 but i just couldnt do it being so close to the top of the daily downtrend line I may regret it. 25 more mins and should have some news, that could hand me a nice spike to grab onto for a long as long as the news is good
Also EG is heading south but EU broke its uptrend line. I was thinking about a long on EU if the opportunity arose, Key support is 1.2700 if thats taken out then it could bring cable down or at least slow it down a bit

Ipips Feb 4, 2009 8:00am | Post# 117829

News in 15mins.. I will stay away from trading and watch price action. Be careful not to be caught in a trade at this timing..

Jnita Feb 4, 2009 8:02am | Post# 117830

yes i hate that..do u place your stop behind important support or resistance levels cause this can make a great difference

good luck to u on future trades
Thanks.

I mostly try to place my SL at BE as soon as possible, it costs me good trades sometimes ... I try to be safe and not sorry - LOL ... still building on my confidence

nAVIN2007 Feb 4, 2009 8:03am | Post# 117831

if not sure bro that still great u still got the money it was risky and could have gone either way quite easily, wrong decision with hindsight, right descision in the moment

nAVIN2007 Feb 4, 2009 8:06am | Post# 117832

Thanks.

I mostly try to place my SL at BE as soon as possible, it costs me good trades sometimes ... I try to be safe and not sorry - LOL ... still building on my confidence

fry2010 Feb 4, 2009 8:07am | Post# 117833

Gonzo its ur own fault for listening. cant blame som 1 else for bad advice, u took it. It wud b nice tho if when ppl do say that to bak it up with some TA.

Last 2 days have been slow, lets hope this break bring some fluidity back to market. My long stil in play.

PipLand Feb 4, 2009 8:11am | Post# 117834

1 Attachment(s)
This is a message for the guys posting sell sell sell and sell at 13480. DO NOT POST THESE KIND OF MESSAGES IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. I am brand new to Forex and have been dummy trading and have just made a fatal mistake of jumping on somebody's post for my first trade. Sofia, Gatorinla and Pipland thanks for your posts I find them very useful when learning and to compare with what I'm seeing myself gives confidence so thank you. AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT DON'T POST.
Glad you find the posts useful, sorry to hear about your trade, you gotta do your own research though, then you will know when to place trades, when to take profit and where to place your SL and the level of risk your willing to take as well.

Have you checked out www.babypips.com? They have a nice tutorial school thing there, if you havent go check it out.

I wanted to go long earlier but the risk to reward ratio wasnt good enough for me, too close to the downtrendline, some of the other guys in here like Navin have been long from way way down so it makes sense to hold onto their trade, heres my 15min chart with what im seeing.

Good luck in the future and learn as much as you can!
Click to Enlarge

Name: 15min.gif
Size: 33 KB

PipLand Feb 4, 2009 8:13am | Post# 117835

if not sure bro that still great u still got the money it was risky and could have gone either way quite easily, wrong decision with hindsight, right descision in the moment
Yeah defo! money in my pocket is much better lol

Lets see what the news brings eh, hope its good news for your long

macK Feb 4, 2009 8:14am | Post# 117836

U need to find your own system, learn it, follow it. I trade stoches heavily, BUT rely on all posts here for indications in the market. I trade some of these IF MY style agrees. With some, it does.. but there are some here who just guess... that is why I depend on my indictors to weed them out... hang in there.... takes work, as it ain't easy... and remember The Hurrier U Go, The Behinder U Get.

uut Feb 4, 2009 8:14am | Post# 117837

im tired shitting here al along.
btw FXCM micro connection is suck

Professor4x Feb 4, 2009 8:14am | Post# 117838

1.45 big Resistance

Trade plan for today, She breaks 1.45 with momentum it accelerates to 4690. But if this report is as expected since the daily stoc's is ready to issue bear trade signal will sell into rally and expect 1.42 place stop 4520 to cut loss if reverses and wrong.

Jnita Feb 4, 2009 8:16am | Post# 117839

(IGM)[ADP PRIVATE US JOBS DATA] For November and December, ADP reported the two worst months for private hiring in...

[ADP PRIVATE US JOBS DATA] For November and December, ADP reported the two worst months for private hiring in the brief history of its survey. Expectations center on a loss of roughly -525k private jobs in January, sightly less than the average of -585k in the final two months of 2008, but still the second worst in the series if the median estimate proves correct. The acceleration in jobs losses among small and medium-sized firms and in the service sector comports well with what has been reported by BLS and in the headlines. Job losses are now very widespread across sectors and geographically.

Gonzo Feb 4, 2009 8:17am | Post# 117840

Thanks

Thanks, as I said I'm learning and getting there. I'm kicking myself for this 'reaction trade', I'd just come back from an hour away to see those posts, done well on dummy trading so far. So again, thanks for posts and to others I didn't mention.

© Forex Factory