Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Cable Update (GBPUSD) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=10378)

hnsx99 Jan 30, 2019 8:47am | Post# 474361

Sorry Halbot, I of course meant Hnsx99. Sorry, martingales and grids WILL always fail one day, wonīt waste time discussing it further :-) Everyone Iīve seen in my 20 years of automated trading that has been using grids or marts and was smart to "knew better" and "mine wonīt crash", have blown their accounts, often after fantastic gains - and thatīs the danger with those systems, you are just moving the drawdown into the future and it will happen "at once", killing the account in one day. Youīll see.
thanks with your warning about martingale , but sorry I don't agree with your opinion , "killing the account in one day" not only for the Marty Method, but also applies to all Trading Method if you ignore your Risk Management ....

xtradex Jan 30, 2019 8:49am | Post# 474362

{quote} Hi ChiForex My last word on Martingale before the action starts. There is a method to control draw down to 5% on any grid system while profiting very nicely along the way. Just because a trader is not aware of strategy's that can deal with this issue does not mean they don't exist. However this is not the place for this discussion. Anyway good luck tonight if your trading the news soon. I am trading the M1 chart like I do every night.

Ok, then show the results. You dont have to disclose the system. I have hard time believing what you are saying...

hnsx99 Jan 30, 2019 8:54am | Post# 474363

{quote} there have 4 account as i know exist since 2015 or 2016 till now.. he run gbpusd and eurgbp
GBPUSD is the one I know best for martingale method...because the cycle (up and down period) ... better than EU,AU, or anything else ...as long as I use my Trade Method (based on martingale) ...

RickM Jan 30, 2019 9:22am | Post# 474364

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Ok, then show the results. You dont have to disclose the system. I have hard time believing what you are saying...
Hi Xtradex

I will give you a clue.

A martingale trading system is just a MEME trading system where we focus on the exit strategy. So in affect we are optimizing a strategy to achieve a end result of a good profit AFTER keeping the draw down to a low level. So how is that achieved. If the draw down has the capacity to blow out on a big trend,

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO OFFSET THIS LOSS

The ball is now in your court ?

And this is all you are getting-
Click to Enlarge

Name: hhhi.png
Size: 112 KB

fontu Jan 30, 2019 10:06am | Post# 474365

1 Attachment(s)
same , moving a little as usdx doing , 3123 hold & target for 3010 arrounds .take care

a tough journey but melting ice slowly .
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDH4.png
Size: 34 KB

xtradex Jan 30, 2019 11:03am | Post# 474366

{quote} Hi Xtradex I will give you a clue. A martingale trading system is just a MEME trading system where we focus on the exit strategy. So in affect we are optimizing a strategy to achieve a end result of a good profit AFTER keeping the draw down to a low level. So how is that achieved. If the draw down has the capacity to blow out on a big trend, WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO OFFSET THIS LOSS The ball is now in your court ? And this is all you are getting- {image}

This doesnt prove anything. I was asking for a verified account, not a screenshot which can easily be fake. So the only thing you have shown so far is that you are not able to provide what was asked of you. But what else can you expect from a FF blowhard?

jesxrussel Jan 30, 2019 12:50pm | Post# 474367

{quote} some of you may be wondering why didn't these levels work and why it over shot the level? re: mini-imbalance zone A: because it was already assisted at the level and the orders were already collected. So what we do next is find previous imbalance zones, found at DBD (Drop base drop) areas, as noted in this image with the brownish lines... as shown in screenshot.. as you will see, the last one got hit to the POINT... when it does that, we look for engulfing patterns to get in, as shown labelled "Entry" - and target the bearish imbalance zone...
niceeeeeee

kuroro001 Jan 30, 2019 2:35pm | Post# 474368

Lets go buyers

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...6#post11944926

6ix9ine Jan 30, 2019 2:37pm | Post# 474369

It would be interesting to see if GU can close near the high of last week. I sure would love to wager on a lopsided gap!

MrPresident Jan 30, 2019 2:43pm | Post# 474370

1.32 sell limit

RickM Jan 30, 2019 3:27pm | Post# 474371

{quote} This doesnt prove anything. I was asking for a verified account, not a screenshot which can easily be fake. So the only thing you have shown so far is that you are not able to provide what was asked of you. But what else can you expect from a FF blowhard?
Hi xtradex

You haven't even tried to answer my question, I was only trying to help you.
Now cut out the smart remarks and just for a moment think how it could be done.
I am not going to spoon feed a newbie.

Again, how can I offset a draw down

geektrader Jan 30, 2019 4:02pm | Post# 474372

{quote} This doesnt prove anything. I was asking for a verified account, not a screenshot which can easily be fake. So the only thing you have shown so far is that you are not able to provide what was asked of you. But what else can you expect from a FF blowhard?
Donīt waste your time, no one can show such an account at all, itīs all fake or manipulated screenshots. A verified MyFxBook link (can even disable to show his equity) would be easily done in less than 5 minutes, including sharing it here - instead you always just get screenshots and excuses why they cannot do that, haha. Grids and martingales will always fail in the longer term (fail = account wiped in the cases of these kind of systems), been into that for 20 years, you always see the same kind of people claiming "BUT Iīve made it work with this magic formula" LOL ;-) They donīt notice that they are just moving there wipe out (drawdown of 99%) into the future and get it on one day. That can work for 2 years, or that can be tomorrow, they donīt realize that as the curves look "so nice" before it happens. Donīt waste your time, really, use the ignore button instead :-)

ChiForex Jan 30, 2019 4:11pm | Post# 474373

Cable can be a good buy around 1.3090 as long as EU continues above 1.15 and no bad brexit news
As next month opens the picture will become more clear.

RickM Jan 30, 2019 5:17pm | Post# 474374

{quote} Donīt waste your time, no one can show such an account at all, itīs all fake or manipulated screenshots. A verified MyFxBook link (can even disable to show his equity) would be easily done in less than 5 minutes, including sharing it here - instead you always just get screenshots and excuses why they cannot do that, haha. Grids and martingales will always fail in the longer term (fail = account wiped in the cases of these kind of systems), been into that for 20 years,
you always see the same kind of people claiming "BUT Iīve made it...
Hi Geek

I am surprised you are answering in this matter when you are in fact a algo trader for the last 20 years. Surely you know how to handle a draw down.
This is common knowledge and is being used by full time Algo traders for a few years now.
I will just stick to GU talk and let the ameuters work it out themselves.

trademark Jan 30, 2019 9:14pm | Post# 474375

Seems like the pullback on the GBPUSD daily chart is completed and the price may try to go back up to the 1.3200 level, which could act as resistance. To the downside, the 200 day EMA at the 1.3000 level could act as support.

Ill-b-back Jan 31, 2019 12:39am | Post# 474376

3 Attachment(s)
Coming off some resistance with an interesting weekly area below
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDH4.png
Size: 21 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDH1.png
Size: 23 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDWeekly.png
Size: 23 KB

HaLBot Jan 31, 2019 1:01am | Post# 474377

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all....

Updated trend line on 1hr, top line is new one and old line worked well for me and hopin new one can be traded of.....

Price above MAs so I expect more upside, see what happens...if you don't know this rise in Cable was due to Dovish comments by the Fed at FOMC....
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDH1 31 Jan 19.png
Size: 52 KB

HaLBot Jan 31, 2019 1:55am | Post# 474378

{quote} You could had just replied by what is your strategy, martingale or not? Nobody is putting you down or trying to slow your advance in trading if it is so.. Confidence is not enough to not blow your account if it's martingale strategy. Most who use such strategy face a day when the market trend goes against their trades while they are still adding positions in hope to close all at breakeven or profit. The worst is when trading a pair that's in critical period due to brexit..etc it might spike in one direction and do not say you're sure it...
I like to close positions on the day due to the excessive swap charged however if I think there is a good chance of closing trades in profit the next day I will hold( I'm Hodlin......LOL). Always close trades for weekend, and would have to be exception circumstances to keep a trade open over the weekend.

Thing is I haven't had a losing day for 3 weeks and 3 days now since changing my whole approach to this game....

HaLBot Jan 31, 2019 2:05am | Post# 474379

1 Attachment(s)
Dax has opened for business....woeful German retails sales figures......hmmmmmm

In @ 1.3132...

Target 1.3159

SL 1.3095 that I only have in place for sudden price drops I can't respond to...

Today is what's known as a 'Risk On Day'
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDH1 31 Jan 19 2.png
Size: 41 KB

RickM Jan 31, 2019 2:32am | Post# 474380

1 Attachment(s)
I am holding off on taking a trade on H4.
I see no higher high here and the pressure to push it down on the Master Candle is strong. I will be looking for either a Sell off on M5 or a Breakout on H4 tomorrow.
Click to Enlarge

Name: gu sell.png
Size: 104 KB

© Forex Factory