Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   EURUSD (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=10372)

MrBullBear Feb 21, 2020 10:59am | Post# 1162921

{quote} With all due respect, you simply don't understand how to apply volume to technical analysis. That's why you don't see what I see. Maybe I should just put myself on the line and start making calls on this stuff before it happens. Maybe then you will believe or maybe I will embarrass myself and discover you are right and this volume stuff is just a bunch of nonsense. But so far it's working for me and many other VPAs. The charts don't lie. But one thing that keeps me from sharing in this way is mean-spirited comments and people who do nothing...
I am a learner and I am also being careful trying to protect my self and fellow learners from false guru, misbelief, mislead and be victimized by delusional trading coach/book author/pro, etc..

I am not accusing you of being one of those, but you may be one of the victim believing what they want you yo believe. That is why I am asking questions...not tearing you down.

It is just right, when one trying to help and share something, it must prove its effectiveness, usefulness and worth. So expect to be questioned/doubt/criticized.

here2there Feb 21, 2020 11:04am | Post# 1162922

Please keep this in mind before thinking to criticize people who sometimes make bad trading calls.

Technical analysis is about probabilities, not absolutes. Nobody, I repeat, nobody gets it right 100% of the time. In fact, most people don't even get it right more than 80% of the time.

People who have an "I am a pro and you should listen to me" attitude, are the ones you have to watch out for, because they are usually the charlatans of trading.

Technical analysts who admit to making mistakes and don't mind exposing their failures are the people you should be listening to, because they have far more to offer than the braggers do.

here2there Feb 21, 2020 11:10am | Post# 1162923

{quote} I am a learner and I am also being careful trying to protect my self and fellow learners from false guru, misbelief, mislead and be victimized by delusional trading coach/book author/pro, etc.. I am not accusing you of being one of those, but you may be one of the victim believing what they want you yo believe. That is why I am asking questions...not tearing you down. It is just right, when one trying to help and share something, it must prove its effectiveness, usefulness and worth. So expect to be questioned/doubt/criticized.
But you have made your point. You apparently believe tick volume in the Forex market is a sham, and is therefore, useless.

There is no point in continuing to respond negatively to what I am posting. You've made your point. I respect your right to an opinion. I just don't agree with you.

You aren't going to convince me otherwise. Why? Because I can see this stuff playing out on the charts. And the reason why I can see it is because I have taken the time to learn how to use it from reliable sources.

Charts don't lie.

PatienceFx Feb 21, 2020 11:12am | Post# 1162924

{quote} With all due respect, you simply don't understand how to apply volume to technical analysis. That's why you don't see what I see. Maybe I should just put myself on the line and start making calls on this stuff before it happens. Maybe then you will believe or maybe I will embarrass myself and discover you are right and this volume stuff is just a bunch of nonsense. But so far it's working for me and many other VPAs. The charts don't lie. But one thing that keeps me from sharing in this way is mean-spirited comments and people who do nothing...
here2there is no longer on ignore

he is the reason for my latest indicator idea

MrBullBear Feb 21, 2020 11:29am | Post# 1162925

{quote} But you have made your point. You apparently believe tick volume in the Forex market is a sham, and is therefore, useless. There is no point in continuing to respond negatively to what I am posting. You've made your point. I respect your right to an opinion. I just don't agree with you. You aren't going to convince me otherwise. Why? Because I can see this stuff playing out on the charts. And the reason why I can see it is because I have taken the time to learn how to see it from reliable sources. Charts don't lie.
I am not responding negatively... just throwing questions that you might explain to get your point.

Many "gurus" showing us chart samples pointing out the one that works but if you look/backtrack some same situations it has different results. I understand that it doesn't work all the time and we are dealing with probabilities.. But if the probability is low and you understand the use of it but someone using it wrongly, we must be alarmed.

I know your intention is to help, but i am also trying to protect fellow learners reading this.

OhComeOn Feb 21, 2020 11:43am | Post# 1162926

Looking to enter more longs at 1.0822x- 1.0813 if indicators support it. Was to early last time, and had to reverse and continue short and re-entered long this morning @1.0806. Once again for newbies, against the trend is high risk. Using 4H trend and entry/exit based on 1H chart.

here2there Feb 21, 2020 11:44am | Post# 1162927

{quote} I am not responding negatively... just throwing questions that you might explain to get your point. Many "gurus" showing us chart samples pointing out the one that works but if you look/backtrack some same situations it has different results. I understand that it doesn't work all the time and we are dealing with probabilities.. But if the probability is low and you understand the use of it but someone using it wrongly, we must be alarmed. I know your intention is to help, but i am also trying to protect fellow learners reading this.
I make no claims to being a guru and never will.

I too, am a learner.

I have been involved with trading for more than 3 years and have been burned multiple times. I have spent a great deal of time and money learning how to trade. Most of the stuff people teach is ineffective, and most indicators are garbage. So I understand what you are talking about and appreciate your concern.

But there is no need to look at me with a critical eye. I am not selling trading courses or indicators and never will. I simply don't care about that. I am just here to share my knowledge. But I have limits. If people aren't interested, then I'm out of here. I don't need to be here.

Toshiba Feb 21, 2020 11:50am | Post# 1162928

1 Attachment(s)
This is a daily chart with pivots. Price is starting to fall so I shorted. Will close position before the day ends. I don't carry positions over a weekend.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot (98).png
Size: 185 KB

OhComeOn Feb 21, 2020 12:10pm | Post# 1162929

Curious if we will hit the weekly pivot at 1.08709 today.

Well, guess I will have to find out later, going to TP and call it a week, fine with where it is at. Remember, if you did not make money this week, feel free to ask for help on this thread. There are multiple posters with winning methods/strategies in here who appear willing to share and there is more than one way to trade. Stay green everyone and good luck!

MrBullBear Feb 21, 2020 12:22pm | Post# 1162930

Curious if we will hit the weekly pivot at 1.08709 today.
That is my TP.... am with you!

Robinhood1 Feb 21, 2020 12:30pm | Post# 1162931

going long from 10800 and shorting around 10980

Robinhood1 Feb 21, 2020 12:33pm | Post# 1162932

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-02-21 (2)_LI.jpg
Size: 690 KB

auricforecas Feb 21, 2020 12:56pm | Post# 1162933

TP 1.082
{quote} yes
Wonder how many realise the potential profit out of above signal... 500:1 max was possible btw... 333%+/trade potential, so far!
Was in it but exited in the morning, at 100%/trade, just in case.. since it was not that sure, so this kind (at the bottom or inflection point) of trades are the hardest to harvest (specially with high leverage)... Anyway, those kind of signals we are trying to get/harvest at the cheetah thread... So if any one of you are here for a COMING and GOING FAST, is welcome... The marathoners/talkers/observers wouldn't like it or believe it...

here2there Feb 21, 2020 1:24pm | Post# 1162934

Though I had an excellent entry at 1.07948, I have decided to close out my long positions.

Why did I do that?

In an earlier comment, I had mentioned I opened a long trade at a very bad spot (against my better judgment). I was deep under water. But I knew it wouldn't just keep going down forever. So I waited it out.

The good thing is that through proper trade management, I was able to correct my mistake and walk away without a loss. Patience for the win!

It doesn't work out this way all the time, however. I was fortunate to get out unscathed.

I have certainly learned a lesson from my mistake, a mistake I will be very careful not to repeat.

As long as you learn from your mistakes, you still come out ahead even though you've lost something in the process. But always be sure to count the cost before placing a trade.

Robinhood1 Feb 21, 2020 1:36pm | Post# 1162935

going long from 10800 and shorting around 10980
I may close trades anytime though.

here2there Feb 21, 2020 1:57pm | Post# 1162936

{quote} I may close trades anytime though.
That Daily candle is quite strong. It could go up more. However, I have learned from experience that it is not uncommon for a minor retracement of 20% to 50% of a large volume candle's body to take place following such a move.

Also, let's not forget that we are in a bear market, and that there is still much uncertainty surrounding the EURO. I am not ruling out the possibility that it could go much higher (a correction), nor am I ruling out the possibility it can come to a sudden halt and then continue on its bearish journey towards lower prices.

Time will tell.

Either way, there will be more trading opportunities. We have to be careful not to let FOMO get the best of us.

arasheed Feb 21, 2020 2:06pm | Post# 1162937

{quote} That Daily candle is quite strong. It could go up more. However, I have learned from experience that it is not uncommon for a minor retracement of 20% to 50% of a large volume candle's body to take place following such a move. Also, let's not forget that we are in a bear market, and that there is still much uncertainty surrounding the EURO. I am not ruling out the possibility that it could go much higher (a correction),nor am I ruling out the possibility it can come to a sudden halt and then continue on its bearish journey towards lower...
I think the possibility is here as you stated,
nor am I ruling out the possibility it can come to a sudden halt and then continue on its bearish journey towards lower prices. Time will tell. Either way, there will be more trading opportunities. We have to be careful not to let FOMO get the best of us.[/quote]

Robinhood1 Feb 21, 2020 2:12pm | Post# 1162938

{quote} That Daily candle is quite strong. It could go up more. However, I have learned from experience that it is not uncommon for a minor retracement of 20% to 50% of a large volume candle's body to take place following such a move. Also, let's not forget that we are in a bear market, and that there is still much uncertainty surrounding the EURO. I am not ruling out the possibility that it could go much higher (a correction), nor am I ruling out the possibility it can come to a sudden halt and then continue on its bearish journey towards lower...
its certainly going higher, whether to 10980 there is 99% probability but i may close before reaching that price

Robinhood1 Feb 21, 2020 2:13pm | Post# 1162939

{quote} its certainly going higher, whether to 10980 there is 99% but i may close before reching that price
if so, it will come back down to 10800 aprox

Robinhood1 Feb 21, 2020 2:18pm | Post# 1162940

{quote} its certainly going higher, whether to 10980 there is 99% probability but i may close before reching that price
In fact, i beleive its going up from this area relentlessly

© Forex Factory