Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/137-interactive-trading)
-   -   EURUSD (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/10372-eurusd)

ud1nh0 Dec 7, 2013 1:37am | Post# 861421

oanda charts seems pretty much different than the other

ud1nh0 Dec 7, 2013 1:42am | Post# 861422

oanda charts seems pretty much different than the other

yea, its h1 and h4 its different from other tf n brokers

milam Dec 7, 2013 1:45am | Post# 861423

The market does not care what you think, the market will do whatever she needs to do. A decent trader does not care to be right, he/she cares only to make money….

ud1nh0 Dec 7, 2013 1:47am | Post# 861424

anyone here have yesterday low, that lower than 1.3614 ?? in any tf and any broker instead oanda ?

ForExtraPips Dec 7, 2013 1:51am | Post# 861425

anyone here have yesterday low, that lower than 1.3614 ?? in any tf and any broker instead oanda ?
1.36499 here, for the low. But my broker shuts down at 2100GMT. IBFX here.

edit: too drunk. looking at wrong candle. 1.36499 for the low here.

ud1nh0 Dec 7, 2013 1:58am | Post# 861426

{quote} 1.36499 here, for the low. But my broker shuts down at 2100GMT. IBFX here. edit: too drunk. looking at wrong candle. 1.36499 for the low here.

i have 1.3611 and 1.36272 and 1.3619
i mean the low when nfp data come

ForExtraPips Dec 7, 2013 2:01am | Post# 861427

{quote} i have 1.3611 and 1.36272 and 1.3619 i mean the low when nfp data come
Oh. 1.36185 here, when NFP was released at the bottom of the hour.

ffleo Dec 7, 2013 2:04am | Post# 861428

{quote} those are sl hunt shorts zone. imo, dont short any movement above that number before retracement.
When we aim for 33xx or lower, we worry about 50 pips or 100 pips stop hunt? If you wait for retracement confirmation then enter, you enter at lower worse price for shorts, you substantially reduce your profit. We want to enter at higher price and add when it goes higher, not wait for retracement and enter at lower price.
Of course if you scalp, that is another story.

Rich80 Dec 7, 2013 2:16am | Post# 861429

{quote} My shorts on different levels: 1.3590, 1.3640,1.3652, & 1.3681...Where do I start hedging?
I know the situation , I sometimes remain entangled even, the first few times I burned real accounts to the rhythm of samba , then I improved on the covers . Find a broker that offers you vanilla options on fx spot , calculates the necessary margin to withstand a swing of 50% of average EU price . Start your strategies and boom boom boom everything is fine ranging up to when the market will shoot 20/30 pips in my face and starts to panic. If you have a solid margin , and calculated , you do not have problems with panic and fear , you're short on average by 1.3640 if the market turns around and walks away , we are at 15/20 pip loss and does not intend a retracement , well we sell a put option 1.3640 at expiration the next day or two and wait. At maturity if the price is higher than the premium receipts and you place it in another 1.3680 , using the edge of the premium received will lower the average purchase price . Let us go forward until the gentleman fell like a rock , go and end up under your price and term to maturity in the auto broker sends you along not at the price that beats the market but at the price of your put option to 1.3680 , closing the position at a loss . What has happened ?
Over time you gain a premium due at maturity that can be collected or used to lower the average load and start your short stay there without fear of screwed again.

sorry for the English

ffleo Dec 7, 2013 2:24am | Post# 861430

{quote} I know the situation , I sometimes remain entangled even, the first few times I burned real accounts to the rhythm of samba , then I improved on the covers . Find a broker that offers you vanilla options on fx spot , calculates the necessary margin to withstand a swing of 50% of average EU price . Start your strategies and boom boom boom everything is fine ranging up to when the market will shoot 20/30 pips in my face and starts to panic. If you have a solid margin , and calculated , you do not have problems with panic and fear , you're...
I do not have much experience with options, but is it possible to just buy a call options as a hedge? Since buying options have no obligation, but selling options have obligation to realize it when the other party is in the money when at maturity.

DareXau Dec 7, 2013 2:39am | Post# 861431

{quote} I am not worried about shorting since I know fundamentally up move is not supported...
my own two cents in that matter ... from perspective of fundamental factors only complete removal QE's and interest rate rise in US could potentially cause now a drop of EUR/USD to such a level as 1.3300'0 or lower (you hoping for) However, that's very unlikely and 'tapper' on cards most probably gonna progress quite slowly without any changes to interest rate for relatively long period of time, unless inflation will start to become an issue and/or bonds will go up a way too high for Fed's to like it (or able to digest) So, as all things are at the moment ... it's most reasonable to expect a steady growth in US and EU as well (but not as good) with China too doing its bit in lifting global growth and flow of money. Thus in conclusion there is a good chance to see more and more green numbers on data releases over next few months with consequential moves higher in S&P and other indices ... which is also supportive for EUR itself over USD
On another hand, current EU interest rate is too low for Germany and as soon as some other EU economies will return to better and more stable growth ... there will be a pressure to change it (perhaps earlier than US)

ud1nh0 Dec 7, 2013 2:43am | Post# 861432

{quote} When we aim for 33xx or lower, we worry about 50 pips or 100 pips stop hunt? If you wait for retracement confirmation then enter, you enter at lower worse price for shorts, you substantially reduce your profit. We want to enter at higher price and add when it goes higher, not wait for retracement and enter at lower price. Of course if you scalp, that is another story.

those place were validation point of 1.45-1.6 without touching 1.3612

ffleo Dec 7, 2013 2:48am | Post# 861433

{quote} those place were validation point of 1.45-1.6 without touching 1.3612
lol

Rich80 Dec 7, 2013 2:50am | Post# 861434

{quote} I do not have much experience with options, but is it possible to just buy a call options as a hedge? Since buying options have no obligation, but selling options have obligation to realize it when the other party is in the money when at maturity.

The spot vanilla options have the same mechanism, if you're losing a lot of that is 100,000 to 1.3640 and sell a put with a maturity value of 100,000 Monday 'to 16 for the same price. Two things happen to maturity 1) The price is higher, the broker gives you the agreed premium at maturity, and you place it another 2) The price is lower, the broker sends you to the market with a long position at 1.3640. But you were still short in 1.3640 then cancel and close to equal.
If you buy a call, you can not cash in expires and the price must move quickly to go to gain buying options because you have to hope for a sudden movement of the market to make profit otherwise the broker you open a short position, uploading your maximum risk .

ffleo Dec 7, 2013 3:03am | Post# 861435

{quote} The spot vanilla options have the same mechanism, if you're losing a lot of that is 100,000 to 1.3640 and sell a put with a maturity value of 100,000 Monday 'to 16 for the same price. Two things happen to maturity 1) The price is higher, the broker gives you the agreed premium at maturity, and you place it another 2) The price is lower, the broker sends you to the market with a long position at 1.3640. But you were still short in 1.3640 then cancel and close to equal. If you buy a call, you can not cash in expires and the price must move...
Ok i got it. In this case it is actually to use spot to hedge options. The options collects premium, and the spot hedges the options if the options turns to be a losing sale. You still collect premium. That is most banks doing it.

Eurusdd Dec 7, 2013 3:03am | Post# 861436

Short term shorting is non-sense right now unless eurusd 4hr closes below 1.36908 starting 10pm gmt(when market opens). You can ignore that!!!

Eurusdd Dec 7, 2013 3:07am | Post# 861437

For a longer-term (1week) short, the daily must close below 1.36501 when the market opens. Ignore that too.

ffleo Dec 7, 2013 3:13am | Post# 861438

For a longer-term (1week 0 short, the daily must close below 1.36501 when the market opens. Ignore that too.
what for 2 weeks or a month?

traider Dec 7, 2013 3:44am | Post# 861439

yes, I know ... but very strange that movement today ...
Not strange. There was no interest in buying or selling. Amateurs drove the market.

Piters Dec 7, 2013 6:30am | Post# 861440

{quote} That's true, I fully agree. Emotion is an enemy to trading success and I should not be influenced by it, so I have to regret for the fact I was angry about moves that I cannot make sense of. But unfortunately I am still not a cold blooded reptile yet, maybe one day I will get there, and by then every move is an opportunity not a stupid thing.
Observation is THE Power, Judgement is the weakness..

Watch this... when you can...

Inserted Video

© Forex Factory