Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   EURUSD (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=10372)

psiholog Nov 6, 2008 11:56am | Post# 43841

Breakout...
one thing i noticed when it comes to pa. see all those 1m candlesticks that open gapping up from the previous candlestick?....thats panic buying as i like to reffer to it. in other words price action is not fluid and such gaps most of the time do get filled with real volume. the only time it does not apply is in case of breakouts...good luck in your trade...for me...too panicky and my instincts say stay out

cobraforex Nov 6, 2008 12:00pm | Post# 43842

cobraforex;

Yes I am interested.
Please point me to more information; has Turhovach provided a link with his setup? i.e. settings and specific rules for his method?
I mean information with respect to entry, exit, etc.

From his charts (attachments) I cannot get any information.

cheers.
No, I had to guess everything but that is my fault, I could have ask and I'm sure he would help.
But at the end it got pretty good.
The scalp template is posted here and the 15M you can get in the web that is in my profile.

BTW: both version work well on strong trending markets like we have now, need to proove under other conditions still.

Let me know your suggestions, please.

LisbonHugo Nov 6, 2008 12:07pm | Post# 43843

1 Attachment(s)
Well I wish you good luck in your dental career. I, for one, would not go to a dentist that is distracted by the markets and their banker buddy's lousy calls.

PS As we drop some more!!!
Hey thanks. The guy i know isn't my friend but he isn't so bad either. I have a statment from my account. I opened one just to receive the guys tips. lol
5 trades - 4 wins 1 loss. The third trade was up at least +35 pips (i posted the entry here on the forum) but i forgot to set the trailing stop when a patient entered the room ( see i am not distracted with them, only with my money ).
Anyway...
Click to Enlarge

Name: pic.gif
Size: 6 KB

DannyK Nov 6, 2008 12:16pm | Post# 43844

anyone tempted to buy here? Seems like it has tested the bottom of the h1 trianlge twice now. any thoughts?

TIckerShuffl Nov 6, 2008 12:17pm | Post# 43845

Going long

looking for reversal in Oil and up day tomorrow.

edit: you know opec is going to say something about oil prices soon.

traderathome Nov 6, 2008 12:25pm | Post# 43846

Bollinger Breakout

1 Attachment(s)
Possible upside breakout on 1 chart....
Click to Enlarge

Name: ed 1 minute #3 11-06-2008.gif
Size: 47 KB

Pride Nov 6, 2008 12:30pm | Post# 43847

anyone tempted to buy here? Seems like it has tested the bottom of the h1 trianlge twice now. any thoughts?
I don't see the test of the lower trendline of the triangle... it's near, but not testing for now on my chart

TIckerShuffl Nov 6, 2008 12:31pm | Post# 43848

oh crap...not again

TIckerShuffl Nov 6, 2008 12:34pm | Post# 43849

I don't see the test of the lower trendline of the triangle... it's near, but not testing for now on my chart
perhaps he means the trendline on the hourly.

it is testing also, it's at the 60SMA on the 4H

emda Nov 6, 2008 12:38pm | Post# 43850

1 Attachment(s)
I support the idea of the triangle support...
Click to Enlarge

Name: 06-11-2008 18-36-16.png
Size: 29 KB

traderathome Nov 6, 2008 12:38pm | Post# 43851

Has anyone noticed....and you have to be down on the 1 minute chart to pick up on this....that the heaviest volume is at the lows while this cycles up and down in a 25 pip range.....? That is enough to make one wonder if "they" are loading up long side positions.....

Pride Nov 6, 2008 12:38pm | Post# 43852

perhaps he means the trendline on the hourly.

it is testing also, it's at the 60SMA on the 4H
Yes, i mean the trendline on the hourly too, but I don't see the test, I've my trading station opened and metatrader too. In my charts the bottom reached is 80 pips above the trendline.

psiholog Nov 6, 2008 12:39pm | Post# 43853

1 Attachment(s)
within the downtrend a triangle has formed at the bottom. you could call it a flag or pennant or whatever. in any case this is usually a sign of continuation down. i see at least one more move down before possibly reversing north so until that triangle is broken and either the midwall gets broken (1.2765) or the lower wall of the downtrend gets tapped which currently coincides with the bigger triangle and support 3 at (1.2635or so)...way too risky to do anything

Click to Enlarge

Name: current.gif
Size: 36 KB

Jhig Nov 6, 2008 12:40pm | Post# 43854

Money Management

I've been trading fx fore a year now and the one thing that sticked with me was MONEY MANAGEMNT.

I realized very early in the game that, it does not matter what system you use, all that matters is how you control losses. I can make all the pips in the world but if I am unable to hold on to them ... my trading plan would be useless.

SunTrader Nov 6, 2008 12:41pm | Post# 43855

Hey thanks. The guy i know isn't my friend but he isn't so bad either. I have a statment from my account. I opened one just to receive the guys tips. lol
5 trades - 4 wins 1 loss. The third trade was up at least +35 pips (i posted the entry here on the forum) but i forgot to set the trailing stop when a patient entered the room ( see i am not distracted with them, only with my money ).
Anyway...
99% of the losing 95% traders get their signals from someone else.

Ok I made that stat up. I think I made my point though.

C Ya

PS did you ever see the original "In Laws" movie.

"Don't shot me I'm a dentist".

TIckerShuffl Nov 6, 2008 12:41pm | Post# 43856

within the downtrend a triangle has formed at the bottom. you could call it a flag or pennant or whatever. in any case this is usually a sign of continuation down. i see at least one more move down before possibly reversing north so until that triangle is broken and either the midwall gets broken (1.2765) or the lower wall gets tapped which currently coincides with the bigger triangle and support 3 at (1.2635or so)...way too risky to do anything

Attachment 166677
Flag is different than a pennant. One is continuation and the other is not.

TIckerShuffl Nov 6, 2008 12:42pm | Post# 43857

99% of the losing 95% traders get their signals from someone else.

Ok I made that stat up. I think I made my point though.

C ya.
Loud and clear, you're a jackass!

SunTrader Nov 6, 2008 12:47pm | Post# 43858

Loud and clear, you're a jackass!
You know I call always tell your mood. Lousy as s*** when EU goes down.

You have some kind of complex about not shorting it when it goes to ........freakin hell.

Like the line from the commerical: Markets go up, we make money. Markets go down, we make money.

What goes up, must come down. Why only wait for the uptrend?????????????

traderathome Nov 6, 2008 12:52pm | Post# 43859

Bollinger Breakout

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, this second "pending" breakout on the 1 minute chart is sure taking a while....

But it could be now.

Edit: Nope. It is still being kept rangebound.......
Click to Enlarge

Name: ed 1 minute #3 11-06-2008.gif
Size: 53 KB

psiholog Nov 6, 2008 12:57pm | Post# 43860

just an interesting statistic i heard on the news last night. After 6 of the last 7 presidential elections the dollar got stronger for months to come. Whether that will happen here is unclear at this time as the dollar got so strong before the elections

© Forex Factory