Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   EURUSD (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=10372)

LisbonHugo Nov 6, 2008 11:13am | Post# 43821

I think that since we all know that 90% of traders fail we assume the proportion is the same for all on this forum. However, I would argue (albeit with no evidence) that those who regularly visit this thread are a little more ahead of the curve and likely have a much better success rate overall than 10%.
I hope so. trade well.

TradeWell Nov 6, 2008 11:13am | Post# 43822

Another look to the 1M scalp setup, this thingy after fining more and more gets interesting.
11 papertrades with good results.

We are all salivating at the chance to try it...

vulture Nov 6, 2008 11:15am | Post# 43823

you are right in some part, but i found that 99% if not 100% of the people here aren't traders. they want to be but they can't. They post all the kinds of crap, long short, long so one or two posts like mine won't change this thread path...
i have learned a lot from this thread.

traderathome Nov 6, 2008 11:17am | Post# 43824

CobraForex MT4 indicators & Templates

CorbraForex, last evening psiholog referred to S & R lines on one of his posted charts as being fibos from you.....? I went to your site to start getting more familiar with your strategies. In the process I did not find a clear link to any indicators and templates, just several strategies. Now maybe I need to delve further to find what psiholog was referring to, but on the other hand, if you do not have a section just for indicators and templates, perhaps that would be a nice addition to your already splendid site? If the suggestion is on track, perhaps also include statements with each indicator and template as to which strategy it is being most used with?

I look forward to some off time to browse thru your site at deeper level. I congratulate you on your fine work and your sharing nature. God Bless your continued efforts here.

LisbonHugo Nov 6, 2008 11:17am | Post# 43825

i have learned a lot from this thread.
that's good.

SunTrader Nov 6, 2008 11:20am | Post# 43826

True. I love the charts and the financial markets but my path went in another direction and i become a dentist. I am glad i did
Wish all good luck becose i know the large majority will eventually fail at this goal.
Time to call my patient an ask him why did he sent me a buy signal. lol
Yesterday and todays first signal were good one's tho
Well I wish you good luck in your dental career. I, for one, would not go to a dentist that is distracted by the markets and their banker buddy's lousy calls.

PS As we drop some more!!!

MackS10 Nov 6, 2008 11:21am | Post# 43827

-

True. I love the charts and the financial markets but my path went in another direction and i become a dentist. I am glad i did
Wish all good luck becose i know the large majority will eventually fail at this goal.
Time to call my patient an ask him why did he sent me a buy signal. lol
Yesterday and todays first signal were good one's tho
You have to plan your trade, and trade your plan. If you don't do it this way you wont learn in the long term.

MackS10 Nov 6, 2008 11:23am | Post# 43828

euro 1H lines

1 Attachment(s)
This is what i see on the charts at this time. Could break to the bottom if we keep momentum. Targets if we do break could go lower to 1.2200-20
Click to Enlarge

Name: euro1H.PNG
Size: 24 KB

cobraforex Nov 6, 2008 11:25am | Post# 43829

1 Attachment(s)
We are all salivating at the chance to try it...
Ok, see that you folks don't wanna wait.
Here it is, you don't need anymore if you already have the 15M system installed, just paste the TPL in the templated folder and set it up on a new chart.

ONLY DEMO trading untill you feel good with it, please.

Any suggestions wellcome but please by PM, we don't want to mess the thread with off topic, ok?
ascalpthv.tpl

psiholog Nov 6, 2008 11:26am | Post# 43830

1 Attachment(s)
hello guys...just woke up to see i did good by falling asleep during the whole ecb nonsense. in any case the big triangle i have been speaking of for a while now....well it looks like its headed straight for support 3 (cobras pivots) which coincides with the lower wall....that area is of key importance to me as we finally continue south or a hard bounce will occur moving us north again.

Click to Enlarge

Name: current.gif
Size: 34 KB

eddiemiller Nov 6, 2008 11:29am | Post# 43831

1 Attachment(s)
maybe my cat did good, he must have bigger balls than me.

Now looking at the information I have I am tempted to see how low it may go. The but is right on my R2 line......
Click to Enlarge

Name: 06112008_1625.gif
Size: 55 KB

cobraforex Nov 6, 2008 11:30am | Post# 43832

1 Attachment(s)
CorbraForex, last evening psiholog referred to S & R lines
Here you get it.
It is included in almost all download MT4 setups in my web.
Fibonacci Pivots.ex4

TradeWell Nov 6, 2008 11:30am | Post# 43833

Ok, see that you folks don't wanna wait.
Here it is, you don't need anymore if you already have the 15M system installed, just paste the TPL in the templated folder and set it up on a new chart.

ONLY DEMO trading untill you feel good with it, please.

Any suggestions wellcome but please by PM, we don't want to mess the thread with off topic, ok?
Thank you. Will load it up later. You da man!

ak4x Nov 6, 2008 11:37am | Post# 43834

Tradewell, this is NOT directed at you bro....

I think that since we all know that 90% of traders fail...
Warning: The following rant is not approved by any campaign... and tradewell, please read the post title twice. I totally agree with your post except for words 5 thru 12.. (luv ya bro )

Somebody dropped in again from from the cyberfog and said there's no traders here, has a specific number even like 99 or 100% So it was 99% while he was posting and reverted to 100% when he left? The guy who takes calls from a "friend" at a bank is somehow qualified to evaluate everyone here?

Personally, I've never understood that 90% and 95%statement, and why we as so-called traders (or not traders, or anti traders, or psuedo traders, or semi traders, or tractor traders, ooops, sorry... that's trailers and pertains to stoplosses... forget it) require all kinds of support for this or that entry or analysis statement, yet we seem to accept that bit of blather uncontested and at face value.

And we all continue to parrot "90% of all..." except for the other bunch that says "95% of all..." and so on. Who collects that info and determines that figure? The borkers getting together and comparing notes?

Who defined and determined what "failure" and "failed" is anyway? Blowing up the first demo or the 15th one? Blowing up the first live acc't or the 2nd or the 3rd one? Losing the first thousand, or the 3rd or the 5th? Then most of us here are failures. But we're still here.... What do we call that?

What's the TF for that there failure thing anyway? 6 months? A year? 2 years? Ever?

If you ever try your hand at this game, and reasonably conclude it's really not the way you want to risk the money that currently supports your family, or will in the future, or the way you will build your old age nest egg, and need to move on to more productive things, is that really failure?

Come on guys!! Enough!! Stop the madness!!

WE ARE TRADERS!! HEAR US ROAR!!

Now I've gone and used those stupid wide ass fonts...

No worries, I'm going to finish my coffee, find my Midol, and catch my breath.

TradeWell Nov 6, 2008 11:38am | Post# 43835

Are we in a classic acumen 20 bounce or am I missing something else?

psiholog Nov 6, 2008 11:42am | Post# 43836

1 Attachment(s)
also notice the current downwards trend. what i always say...when pa sticks to one side of the wall it moves violently to the other side has happened twice here...lower wall to upper wall and upper wall to lower wall just now. normally i would buy around here but given the news...eh i better wait

Click to Enlarge

Name: current.gif
Size: 38 KB

acumen Nov 6, 2008 11:43am | Post# 43837

When a psych trades goes bad...

1 Attachment(s)
A high % trade that failed.

Why did fail?

It's after 11:00am EST.

That means there are too many little dogs.

These trades are high % trades...but not during the off hours.

m
Click to Enlarge

Name: TooManyLittleDogs.GIF
Size: 90 KB

traderathome Nov 6, 2008 11:44am | Post# 43838

Bollinger Breakout

1 Attachment(s)
Possible BB breakout up on 1 minute chart for a scalp....
Click to Enlarge

Name: ed 1 minute #1 11-06-2008.gif
Size: 50 KB

TradeWell Nov 6, 2008 11:45am | Post# 43839

Personally, I've never I understood that 90% and 95%statement, ...
No offense taken. I actually agree with you. I guess I was guilty of regurgitation. I know one example of a German trading friend who is the last person on the planet I expected to trade. He has no computer skills and hates desk work. But due to family changes he had to learn finances real fast. He had good early gains while trading, then some big losses too. Now after a couple of years he is successful and I have seen the proof. The point of all this is that you don't have to be a born trader. Start with:
1) patience
2) discipline
3) good money management
4) total devotion to the trade

... and you have greatly increased your chances of success. Make note of that newbies...and oldies too.

traderathome Nov 6, 2008 11:51am | Post# 43840

Bollinger Breakout

1 Attachment(s)
Breakout...
Click to Enlarge

Name: ed 1 minute #2 11-06-2008.gif
Size: 51 KB

© Forex Factory