Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/69-platform-tech)
-   -   All day scalper: add functions to avoid risks (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/1032195-all-day-scalper-add-functions-to-avoid-risks)

starlimit Nov 19, 2020 10:09am | Post# 41

{quote} yeah but doesnt trade at all
It might not trade for 4 out of 5 days . this is due to volatility. but when it does, it make good $$$.. you can check on my link to see how its performing on Demo..

Akaykenann Nov 19, 2020 1:01pm | Post# 42

{quote} It might not trade for 4 out of 5 days . this is due to volatility. but when it does, it make good $$$.. you can check on my link to see how its performing on Demo..
ive finally tried and result werent that really promising... i moved on after that... any recommendation ?

starlimit Nov 20, 2020 8:06am | Post# 43

{quote} ive finally tried and result werent that really promising... i moved on after that... any recommendation ?
It could be your broker, as it doesnt work with all brokers... Try using Tickmill or any other broker with <1pip spread, even if they have commission.

Anonim Nov 21, 2020 5:53am | Post# 44

Nice results congratulations,
Do you run the bot only on these GBP / USD GBP / JPY GBP / CHF EUR / GBP pairs ?
I tested icmarket and fbs but the results are not satisfactory

starlimit Nov 23, 2020 8:41am | Post# 45

I have been getting PMs about the fact that this EA doesn't work on Live account. Yes it doesn't- as far as I've tested. There is a reason it wont work/work well on Live- it was cleverly coded into the EA. Please take note!.

Anonim Nov 23, 2020 3:01pm | Post# 46

I have been getting PMs about the fact that this EA doesn't work on Live account. Yes it doesn't- as far as I've tested. There is a reason it wont work/work well on Live- it was cleverly coded into the EA. Please take note!.
What do you mean ? Are you change anything in the code ?
I found another version of this ea and more tests https://www.myfxbook.com/pl/members/...scalper/542078

Swnlobo Dec 25, 2020 7:30pm | Post# 47

Hi people,

What is the strategy behind the EA?

Regards
Swnlobo

muggle Dec 28, 2020 2:02am | Post# 48

Hi people, What is the strategy behind the EA? Regards Swnlobo
EA open source code you can download and read code

EA calculates to trick order when high volatility

EA using Moving Averages indicator, Bollinger bands indicator, and Envelopes indicator

muggle Dec 28, 2020 2:11am | Post# 49

EA work on demo account only

because demo account and the real account has chart data difference it makes EA work difference

EA work on tick level, so just REAL and DEMO has difference tick price, that makes the problem on real and it work on demo only

demo developer can test and stop-out million times until EA it works is free
but not yet test on the real account just cost $100 x test 1000 time = 100,000 USD

Swnlobo Dec 28, 2020 5:12am | Post# 50

{quote} EA open source code you can download and read code EA calculates to trick order when high volatility EA using Moving Averages indicator, Bollinger bands indicator, and Envelopes indicator

Thank You for your feedback

Regards
Swnlobo

emmzett Jan 1, 2021 9:27pm | Post# 51

4 Attachment(s)
...there is a reason it wont work/work well on Live- it was cleverly coded into the EA...
It's not "cleverly coded" but a structural flaw of the system. The EA is originally based on the famous "MillionDollarPips EA". Credits for the initial transformation from MDP to XMT-Scalper go to a Swedish guy named Capella. Today various versions of his EA circulate in the internet by various names (MDP-Plus, XMT, Assar). None of them is suitable for trading real money. Main cause is a too small average realized profit in pip. A profitable test typically produces results similar to the following:

TEST: {..., barModel=EveryTick, spread=1.0 pip, trades=77, avgRunup=9.0 pip, avgDrawdown=-1.7 pip, avgRealized=2.2 pip}

In live trading an average profit of 2.2 pip is easily eaten-up by slippage and/or commissions. For this reason final results are rarely positive. However an average runup of 9 pip shows potential (I consider 5-6 pip an absolute minimum). One major point which needs improvement is the profit trailing.

Currently I'm working on a rewrite at github.com/rosasurfer/mt4-mql/mql4/experts/XMT-Scalper.mq4 but it's still in a feature branch and a "work in progress". Until the EA moves to the master branch it's not yet ready for live trading. Working on it but I don't have a timeline and it may take a few weeks or even months.
XMT-Scalper rsf.log.txt
XMT-Scalper rsf.ini.txt
XMT-Scalper v2.46.pdf
XMT-Scalper v2.522.pdf

belie Jan 15, 2021 4:36am | Post# 52

{quote} It's not "cleverly coded" but a structural flaw of the system. The EA is originally based on the famous "MillionDollarPips EA". Credits for the initial transformation from MDP to XMT-Scalper go to a Swedish guy named Capella. Today various versions of his EA circulate in the internet by various names (MDP-Plus, XMT, Assar). None of them is suitable for trading real money. Main cause is a too small average realized profit in pip. A profitable test typically produces results similar to the following: TEST: {..., barModel=EveryTick, spread=1.0...

I had a test on demo with MDP and XMT 2.461. Clearly XMT was the winner. I saw very good performance on gold and GU which you can see in my TE in my profile. Also live test was not good. So Im going to copy from demo to live as suggest by Starlimit. After few tests with different brokers I decided to go with Tickml. As we know this EA approach is too sensitive to the broker and the VPS. I found a good VPS whish has 0.6ms to demo server.

Szomihu Jan 15, 2021 4:42am | Post# 53

{quote} I had a test on demo with MDP and XMT 2.461. Clearly XMT was the winner. I saw very good performance on gold and GU which you can see in my TE in my profile. Also live test was not good. So Im going to copy from demo to live as suggest by Starlimit. After few tests with different brokers I decided to go with Tickml. As we know this EA approach is too sensitive to the broker and the VPS. I found a good VPS whish has 0.6ms to demo server.
Which VPS provider is it?

belie Jan 15, 2021 10:32am | Post# 54

{quote} Which VPS provider is it?
Ill PM you.

emmzett Jan 15, 2021 4:43pm | Post# 55

{quote} I had a test on demo with MDP and XMT 2.461. Clearly XMT was the winner. I saw very good performance on gold and GU which you can see in my TE in my profile. Also live test was not good. So Im going to copy from demo to live as suggest by Starlimit. After few tests with different brokers I decided to go with Tickml. As we know this EA approach is too sensitive to the broker and the VPS. I found a good VPS whish has 0.6ms to demo server.
Nice. Can you post the .set files you use? Thank you.

edit: v2.461 -> github.com/rosasurfer/mt4-mql/tree/b3be98e/mql4/experts/mdp

belie Jan 15, 2021 11:23pm | Post# 56

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Nice. Can you post the .set files you use? Thank you. edit: v2.461 -> github.com/rosasurfer/mt4-mql/tree/b3be98e/mql4/experts/mdp
XMT 2.461 for gold.rar

Ironshirow Jan 22, 2021 12:48pm | Post# 57

Hi,
I tried with demo account on ICM with GU but the losses are more than the winnings. I don't count the commissions but only the possible profit to understand how to optimize it but it doesn't work for me. Advice?
Thanks

info4saeed Jan 25, 2021 1:53pm | Post# 58

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} {file}
I do not know why, but none of the versions opens a position for me
Name:  0.png
Views: 290
Size:  31 KB

belie Jan 25, 2021 9:24pm | Post# 59

{quote} I do not know why, but none of the versions opens a position for me {image}
try it in gold, GU

Szomihu Jan 26, 2021 2:38am | Post# 60

{quote} I do not know why, but none of the versions opens a position for me {image}

You can modify the "Volatility Limiter" to a smaller number. (180 to- 140 for example)

It will open more, but you have bigger chance to get red.

© Forex Factory