Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   DOS. Daily Open Strategy. Easy To Trade, Simple To Win (EA..soon) (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/1032108-dos-daily-open-strategy-easy-to-trade-simple)

kafeldom Oct 11, 2020 9:14am | Post# 101

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} No SL, No martingale as OP said 'If price goes from last entry against the direction of the trade, open at the Open of every new day an additional market order with same lot size as original trade.'. This is not martingale, this is just doubling down. {quote} I can up the risk A LOT before it coming close to blowing the account, as you can see this backtest is done on tick data from 2015 to now. Which gives me 18k% gain with 97% max dd, any higher risk would blow the account. (ofcourse this is hindsight and would probably blow the account...
Using a compounding version I could up the risk to 10,000 volume (0.1 lots), meaning I couldve started with 0.1 lots per 1k anywhere between 2015-now without blowing the account (max risk).

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 47 KB

Waddah Oct 11, 2020 1:20pm | Post# 102

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for sharing this system , i make back test and it look very promising , I work on dashboard EA which can show the 28 piers , just one look when day start will see all possible trades , the next step is to fined the most suitable day bar size for each pier ....will share the EA as soon as i finish it ....
Click to Enlarge

Name: Tickmill MT4 Client Terminal.png
Size: 142 KB

ElectricSavant Oct 11, 2020 1:38pm | Post# 103

Looking forward to your most excellent work...This is why I subscribed to this thread.

ES

Thanks for sharing this system , i make back test and it look very promising , I work on dashboard EA which can show the 28 piers , just one look when day start will see all possible trades , the next step is to fined the most suitable day bar size for each pier ....will share the EA as soon as i finish it .... {image}

Ronin- Oct 11, 2020 3:44pm | Post# 104

1 Attachment(s)
Dear smilee89, thank you for sharing your strategy.

Please find attached an indicator for the strategy as per the rules to aid manual trading. The bull and bear candles are shaded and the entries have arrows. If anything needs changing let me know. I have not added alerts as it is just as easy to check for valid entry at midnight everyday. R
DOS Indicator V1.ex4

fx11trade Oct 11, 2020 4:00pm | Post# 105

Dear smilee89, thank you for sharing your strategy. Please find attached an indicator for the strategy as per the rules to aid manual trading. The bull and bear candles are shaded and the entries have arrows. If anything needs changing let me know. R {file}
Thank you.

Could you enable it so it shows also on H4? It has been a lot of talk for H4 timeframe, and a few tests have been made by the EA's and it looks promising also.

Thank you.

mankindeg Oct 11, 2020 4:06pm | Post# 106

{quote} Using a compounding version I could up the risk to 10,000 volume (0.1 lots), meaning I couldve started with 0.1 lots per 1k anywhere between 2015-now without blowing the account (max risk). {image}
What would the max drawdown be with that volume?

Ronin- Oct 11, 2020 4:21pm | Post# 107

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thank you. Could you enable it so it shows also on H4? It has been a lot of talk for H4 timeframe, and a few tests have been made by the EA's and it looks promising also. Thank you.
Hi fx11trade. The indicator will work on all time frames. However, the range of candle body sizes will vary on each timeframe and symbol. Just change the candle body size as required and appropriate. The indicator attached may help determine the appropriate body range.

Please may I suggest sticking to the rules as stated in post one to respect what has been shared for free. Too often, a thread is corrupted by changing the initial strategy without the thread owner's approval. It is better to learn everything about the strategy "as is" before any alteration etc..

Kind regards, R
candle-body-size.mq4

kafeldom Oct 11, 2020 4:37pm | Post# 108

{quote} What would the max drawdown be with that volume?
Near blowing account (90%)
Although I made an adaptation to the system which now gives it 20% dd with that kind of volume.

Supreme1394 Oct 11, 2020 5:50pm | Post# 109

I'm curious, how long is the backtesting period (years?) shown by the test report(s) of smilee89?

ursinho4711 Oct 11, 2020 6:02pm | Post# 110

I'm curious, how long is the backtesting period (years?) shown by the test report(s) of smilee89?
I would not just only try to see the long run rather than start the tester some days before Tsunamis (e.g. Trump Tweets, Brexit). Or before a longer ranging period. If it survises these special moments, then demo account and then micro lots...

smilee89 Oct 11, 2020 6:27pm | Post# 111

{quote} I would not just only try to see the long run rather than start the tester some days before Tsunamis (e.g. Trump Tweets, Brexit). Or before a longer ranging period. If it survises these special moments, then demo account and then micro lots...
Can you specify those dates precisely?

iDentist Oct 11, 2020 7:08pm | Post# 112

{quote} Near blowing account (90%) Although I made an adaptation to the system which now gives it 20% dd with that kind of volume.
talk about this adaptation, please

emi00 Oct 12, 2020 12:36am | Post# 113

1 Attachment(s)
i made an EA for this system....i also add additional option if u want, running candle size goes more than 110 (setting) it also open trade, for that make the Trade Running Candle = true, if it false it will open trade in next candle if candle body meet the requirement

i add time period upto 30 dec 2020, so that nobody can sell it anywhere, its totally free

High Candle EA.ex4

Merka Oct 12, 2020 6:18am | Post# 114

{quote} Near blowing account (90%) Although I made an adaptation to the system which now gives it 20% dd with that kind of volume.
What are they these modifications that reduced so much DD?

Merka Oct 12, 2020 6:22am | Post# 115

Is there anyone that coded this idea in MT5 and willing to share the EA?

gcampigli Oct 12, 2020 10:12am | Post# 116

i made an EA for this system....i also add additional option if u want, running candle size goes more than 110 (setting) it also open trade, for that make the Trade Running Candle = true, if it false it will open trade in next candle if candle body meet the requirement i add time period upto 30 dec 2020, so that nobody can sell it anywhere, its totally free {file}
Thanks emi00 !!!

gcampigli Oct 12, 2020 10:15am | Post# 117

I think that this strategy may work with low timeframes too as...15 or 5min !

iDentist Oct 12, 2020 10:30am | Post# 118

has anyone already tested the advisor?

harold1 Oct 12, 2020 11:08am | Post# 119

i made an EA for this system....i also add additional option if u want, running candle size goes more than 110 (setting) it also open trade, for that make the Trade Running Candle = true, if it false it will open trade in next candle if candle body meet the requirement i add time period upto 30 dec 2020, so that nobody can sell it anywhere, its totally free {file}
am not a coder that is why I cant try my ideas easily. this strategy might work or might not. but the idea is you are getting in front of a fast train. why don"t we just go with the flow? I mean, if we have this kind of big candle, why are we going against it... go with it.. my idea is if this pair has 110 pips of daily candle, if its bullish, maybe we can set a buy rather than sell. put the same tp, 20 pips. or whatever computations e had. it that case, we are riding the train and not going against it..

my friend Emi00 pls help me to code another set of EA with this idea.. just a reverse condition of what you have done.

thank you!

Drolph Oct 12, 2020 12:05pm | Post# 120

{quote} am not a coder that is why I cant try my ideas easily. this strategy might work or might not. but the idea is you are getting in front of a fast train. why don"t we just go with the flow? I mean, if we have this kind of big candle, why are we going against it... go with it.. my idea is if this pair has 110 pips of daily candle, if its bullish, maybe we can set a buy rather than sell. put the same tp, 20 pips. or whatever computations e had. it that case, we are riding the train and not going against it.. my friend Emi00 pls help me to code...
Save your time - won't work either.

© Forex Factory