Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/11-trading-discussion)
-   -   Straight Hedging Questions (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/1007534-straight-hedging-questions)

Endoephemera Jun 21, 2020 2:54pm | Post# 1

Straight Hedging Questions

Traded in the past and I'm back for another stint.
Playing around with hedging on same instrument for first time.
I gather the following:

1. Opened positions affect equity, not balance. (P/L goes to balance when closed)
  2. Straight edges still require margin, albeit less.
  3. All net positions and one side of hedged ones, are charged swap.
  4. I can lock, in part or in full, profits and losses.
  5. I can have any number of open positions and vary my net position.
  6. I can enter a new directional (net) position by opening new position(s) or by closing ones already opened.
  7. I could create a new position by closing, for example, all opposite opened positions. This should be equivalent to a martingale of sorts.
  8. I could routinely close positions in profit only, and end up with money in the balance and a massive floating loss in equity, or vice versa by closing losses only.
  9. I could manage the number of opened positions and have them track price, ie. by creating net positions closing the opened ones furthest from current price.

Am I right? What am I missing?

T4Trade Jun 21, 2020 10:08pm | Post# 2

Traded in the past and I'm back for another stint. Playing around with hedging on same instrument for first time. I gather the following: Opened positions affect equity, not balance. (P/L goes to balance when closed) Straight edges still require margin, albeit less. All net positions and one side of hedged ones, are charged swap. I can lock, in part or in full, profits and losses. I can have any number of open positions and vary my net position. I can enter a new directional (net) position by opening new position(s) or by closing ones already opened....
i do hedge all the time instead of using sl,in my opinion there is more info on this forum regarding hedging ,i wouldnt go into the details for example u can close the positions by selecting from modifying the trade,go to type and close one sell with part or whole of buy position and the swap or commission is not charged ( i am not too sure about it,plz read everything available on hedging from the very forum) and thanks for opening this thread,it will help hedge lovers.

Endoephemera Jun 21, 2020 11:34pm | Post# 3

{quote} i do hedge all the time instead of using sl,in my opinion there is more info on this forum regarding hedging ,i wouldnt go into the details for example u can close the positions by selecting from modifying the trade,go to type and close one sell with part or whole of buy position and the swap or commission is not charged ( i am not too sure about it,plz read everything available on hedging from the very forum) and thanks for opening this thread,it will help hedge lovers.
The "Close By" function. Didn't know about it. I just tried it. Thanks.
Any suggestion and experiences hedging would be appreciated.

I am currently managing a too big long position on EURUSD, established on Friday (). Today I got in and out of two new position for profit and halved the long. I am trying to hold to the residual long while anticipating an up move and possible deep moves either way, which I would try to counter (sell high, buy low) while keeping the long position. MT5 Demo, Hedging account.

T4Trade Jun 23, 2020 12:16am | Post# 4

{quote} The "Close By" function. Didn't know about it. I just tried it. Thanks. Any suggestion and experiences hedging would be appreciated. I am currently managing a too big long position on EURUSD, established on Friday (). Today I got in and out of two new position for profit and halved the long. I am trying to hold to the residual long while anticipating an up move and possible deep moves either way, which I would try to counter (sell high, buy low) while keeping the long position. MT5 Demo, Hedging account.
Dear Friend add my telegram id:
shen ali 00258 842906428.i will disucss my trades there with you specially EU,i check from weekly to down.

© Forex Factory