Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   MB Trading Futures - Introduction (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=10002)

In2Blues Jan 11, 2008 10:47am | Post# 1561

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone at EFX for a great webinar last night.

Remote Trader looks amazing right now and will only get better as improvements are made.

skepsi Jan 11, 2008 11:26am | Post# 1562

hello,
is supported firefox?

phil90 Jan 11, 2008 1:01pm | Post# 1563

hello,
is supported firefox?

Please read post # 1208

skepsi Jan 11, 2008 1:40pm | Post# 1564

im sorry, there are too many posts and it is hard to find it
Thank you

fxchant Jan 11, 2008 2:11pm | Post# 1565

im sorry, there are too many posts and it is hard to find it
Thank you
You can just click in his message where it says 1208 and it will take you there.

Pip Hunter E Jan 12, 2008 1:01pm | Post# 1566

Price vs. speed?

Hi Justin, or anyone who knows...

Could you please explain the Price vs. Speed slider in Navigator preferences?

In my mind, the fastest execution from when I choose to send an order based on your quoted prices... ought to also result in the best price. Having to choose between one or the other doesn't make sense to me in an ECN environment.

Please advise on what literal technical effect (in all detail) this slider has on any market order I decide to place at any given time. This could greatly affect any number of my trading strategies depending on what this slider is actually doing to my orders.

Thank you.

shrike Jan 12, 2008 1:24pm | Post# 1567

Leave it all the way at price. There was someone who had a real bad execution on an order, and Justin explained it was due to the slider was all the way at speed. This had the effect that his trade was executed on the nearest possible customer order (which was far away from the best price) instead of being routed to a bank. The posts about this should still be somewhere in this thread.

Pip Hunter E Jan 17, 2008 12:54am | Post# 1568

Hi Shrike, thanks for the info. I probably will do that, but I'm still looking into the full technical implications of the slider.

Justin, I'm still looking for some official technical info on this slider. For example, what happens, technically speaking, if I put it in the middle? Or @ 25% toward price? Truly, the slider still makes no sense to me. Please advise.

skyline Jan 17, 2008 6:58am | Post# 1569

I read in the beginning of this thread that it's possible in someway using Api to send orders from external to EFX platform , but those links to the website aren't more valid. Is there a valid link somewhere where I can check out ?

Thank you

Skyline

phil90 Jan 17, 2008 9:06am | Post# 1570

I read in the beginning of this thread that it's possible in someway using Api to send orders from external to EFX platform , but those links to the website aren't more valid. Is there a valid link somewhere where I can check out ?

Thank you

Skyline

The website has been change a few months ago and the link does not exist anymore. You can take a look from the MBtrading website the api should be the same http://www.mbtrading.com/sdk.asp

Or go here: http://www.efxgroup.com/openAccess.php

skyline Jan 17, 2008 9:12am | Post# 1571

The website has been change a few months ago and the link does not exist anymore. You can take a look from the MBtrading website the api should be the same http://www.mbtrading.com/sdk.asp

Or go here: http://www.efxgroup.com/openAccess.php
thx a lot Phil90

abikambic Jan 20, 2008 1:51pm | Post# 1572

Until automated remote trader comes out which could be months away, I want to trade a fully automated trading system using efx group,the entries, exits and position sizing for each trade, but do not want to pay for the software that will automate the system. What is available that can be used with efx group.

The trading system is a very simple stop and reverse system, "no indicators" at all, always in the currency,whether long or short. Using the price bars high and or low of the bars as the entry and exit price levels. Very simple. The position sizing for each trade would be fully automated also, no hands on at all from me for the whole process of trading. It would be trading 24/7 from sunday when the currency opens till friday when it closes.

Steve

phil90 Jan 20, 2008 2:10pm | Post# 1573

As far as I know the only free way would be for you to work with the API. There are softwares but you have to pay liscences.

DrainBamage Jan 24, 2008 10:06am | Post# 1574

Negative spreads

Hi Justin,

I have a demo account with EFX/MBT and, as many others, I very often see a negative spread that can last from a second to a couple of minutes. It usually happens when market is active and price moves quite fast. I am a scalper, so I usually trade at active market times, so negative spreads mean that first of all I dont get a correct price and second I cant enter the trade. I was and am thinking about opening an account with you, but negative spreads make it pointless since I cant trust your platform and what I see there. You once wrote that negative spreads appear due to mistakes in the bank quotes and if it happens, banks dont allow you to exploite it which doesnt make sense if you are a true ECN. Which banks do you have as a counterparty that constantly allow that kind of mistakes? I always thought that real ECNs allow exploiting of arbitrage opportunities and its banks job to provide correct quotes and not my problem if the quote they provide is wrong.

Anyway, could you please clarify if MBT/EFX are going to do something about this issue, since it makes trading with you pointless quite often.

Best regards,

DB

jleblang Jan 24, 2008 11:41am | Post# 1575

Hi Everyone ~

After coming in this morning and seeing that there was an obvious problem overnight, I wanted to check all of my facts before I posted anything on the boards. I have talked extensively to MBT on this matter. Obviously, those that have been watching the news know what occurred overnight. There was what is being called a “freak weather event” in the Los Angeles area last night, marked by extreme hail and weather that is just not typical of the LA area. This caused a power grid to go down around midnight local. The switch went down before our backup generator kicked in, and everything flowed from there.

At that point, MBT’s phones and systems were down. Backup generators did come back up quickly, but then everything has to be brought up in a specific order. The order servers and bank connections are a priority, and they resumed fairly quickly. It took about three hours to get everything back in place in terms of the customer end of things, specifically quotes and the ability to log into Navigator.

We view any downtime as a serious event, as we obviously understand what it potentially means when people are trading and have positions. This is not something that has occurred before, and it was outside of our control. We have extensive backup systems in place, and we pride ourselves on our technology. We have plenty of backup systems and power generators in place to handle the typical challenges of the power grid in Southern California. MBT will obviously be reviewing the event to see what, if anything, could have been done to prevent our systems from being down, or if anything could have sped up the process of bringing everything back on-line.

I saw a few posts from people wondering if they would have been better having stops in the system. I would just like to state that we feel that you should always have a stop in the system at some level if you are trading in a manner that you would want to be out of a position at a certain price. Forget what happened last night…what if your local Internet goes down? There are many scenarios where having a stop in the system can be important. In the case of last night, there was certainly a point that the order servers were back on-line and the connections to the banks were established before the customer quote server was available for people to trade.

I can see by the logs that a lot of customers contacted us last night during this event, both here at EFX and also I’m sure at MBT once their phones came back up. Again, we view this very seriously, but we just want to make clear that this resulted in events that were completely out of our control. As large as this issue was, we’re very pleased that we were able to bring about a complete system restore in three hours. Please contact me directly if you have any further questions about our procedures in the case of such an extreme event.

jleblang Jan 24, 2008 12:24pm | Post# 1576

Storm news from LA;

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,2081048.story

cryten Jan 24, 2008 7:27pm | Post# 1577

any news on gbp accounts yet?

fxking Jan 24, 2008 10:17pm | Post# 1578

Hi Justin,

I have a demo account with EFX/MBT and, as many others, I very often see a negative spread that can last from a second to a couple of minutes. It usually happens when market is active and price moves quite fast. I am a scalper, so I usually trade at active market times, so negative spreads mean that first of all I dont get a correct price and second I cant enter the trade. I was and am thinking about opening an account with you, but negative spreads make it pointless since I cant trust your platform and what I see there. You once wrote that negative spreads appear due to mistakes in the bank quotes and if it happens, banks dont allow you to exploite it which doesnt make sense if you are a true ECN. Which banks do you have as a counterparty that constantly allow that kind of mistakes? I always thought that real ECNs allow exploiting of arbitrage opportunities and its banks job to provide correct quotes and not my problem if the quote they provide is wrong.

Anyway, could you please clarify if MBT/EFX are going to do something about this issue, since it makes trading with you pointless quite often.

Best regards,

DB
I have the same problem as u but mine is LIVE acct,to me it seem that MBT/EFX doesnt seem to like scalper either.

Pip Hunter E Jan 25, 2008 12:32am | Post# 1579

I don't have any problem scalping at MBT/EFX, I've beeing doing it quite well. I do have a big problem with the fact they seem pleased with themvelsves for not being able to survive a black-out. Weak.

Jin Jan 25, 2008 4:09am | Post# 1580

I do have a big problem with the fact they seem pleased with themvelves for not being able to survive a black-out. Weak.
I trade live with EFX and I love the service they provide, but unfortunately I have to agree with this comment. There is nothing in Justin's explanation that would explain why UPS units (Uninterruptible Power Supplies) would not have solved the problem. Having UPS units connected to the servers would have resulted in absolutely zero downtime. The UPS would have kept the servers running until the backup generators started, and there would have been no need to go through the whole complicated hours-long process of getting everything running again. Perhaps I'm wrong, there could be some technical reason why UPS units are not appropriate for the MBT servers - if so, hopefully Justin can enlighten us...

Regards,
Jin

© Forex Factory