Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/158-commercial-content)
-   -   MB Trading Futures - Introduction (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/10002-mb-trading-futures-introduction)

jleblang Jul 31, 2012 10:38am | Post# 9781

For those interested in learning more about the charts found inside the MBT Desktop Pro, tonight Jason Miller is hosting a webinar that begins at 7pm EST.

You can register here: MBT Webinars

BruceK Jul 31, 2012 5:59pm | Post# 9782

For those interested in learning more about the charts found inside the MBT Desktop Pro, tonight Jason Miller is hosting a webinar that begins at 7pm EST.

You can register here: MBT Webinars
I wasn't able to make it on there in time. Do you have anywhere I can go to view later?

jleblang Aug 3, 2012 12:36pm | Post# 9783

I wasn't able to make it on there in time. Do you have anywhere I can go to view later?
Hi Bruce,

You can email Jason Miller (j.miller@mbtrad....) and he can provide you with a recorded link of any past webinar, or you might want to visit our YouTube channel and browse through our playlist. The videos on YouTube are short and straightforward.

BruceK Aug 3, 2012 4:42pm | Post# 9784

Hi Bruce,

You can email Jason Miller (j.miller@mbtrad....) and he can provide you with a recorded link of any past webinar, or you might want to visit our YouTube channel and browse through our playlist. The videos on YouTube are short and straightforward.
The YouTube channel is great! Thanks for letting me know about it. I'm gonna bookmark that and occasionally see if there is anything new on there. Do you usually post something on this forum about upcoming sessions?

jleblang Aug 3, 2012 5:10pm | Post# 9785

The YouTube channel is great! Thanks for letting me know about it. I'm gonna bookmark that and occasionally see if there is anything new on there. Do you usually post something on this forum about upcoming sessions?
You're welcome. We don't announce every upcoming webinar or new YouTube video here typically. The best way to be alerted, would be to follow us on Twitter or Facebook. Additionally, our homepage links to the webinars page, which we update usually once a week.

jleblang Aug 7, 2012 1:17am | Post# 9786

Recent changes to our Client Protection Procedures

Tonight we sent out an email regarding changes to our client protection procedures and I'd like to share it with you. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Dear Valued Clients,

It is understandable that investors are concerned about the safety of their assets maintained at financial institutions, in the wake of the many published cases of fraud and ponzi schemes (e.g., Peregrine Financial Group, Bernard L. Madoff, Refco, MF Global). Over the past decade, many investors have been victimized around the world.

The Board of Directors ("Board") of MB Trading Holdings, LLC, an international financial services holding company and parent of MB Trading, a SEC/FINRA registered introducing brokerage, and MB Trading Futures, Inc., a CFTC/NFA registered Forex Dealer Member, (collectively "MBT Companies") understand investor concerns regarding the protection of their assets and the importance of maintaining a sound internal controls program.

The safeguarding of client assets is an important objective of the Board that is communicated to every level of management of the MBT Companies. To ensure the reasonable safety of client assets, the Board requires the MBT Companies to maintain internal control programs that provide the Board with assurances concerning the reliability of financial reporting, safeguarding of client assets and personal information, and compliance with appropriate securities, futures and forex rules and regulations. The primary objective of the internal control program is to detect and prevent (1) fraud; (2) violation of regulatory rules and regulations; and (3) risks due to errors in day-to-day business processes.

The management of MBT Companies is also required to implement rule and risk based principles on risk management and internal controls to achieve the Board's objectives. To fulfill their requirement, management seeks to identify and evaluate risks faced by the MBT Companies, and design appropriate systems of internal controls to monitor or prevent the risks.

Finally, to further the Board's commitment to the protection and safeguarding of client assets, the Board has recently adopted a requirement that obligates the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Compliance Officer and Chief Internal Auditor to join the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) and train to become Certified Fraud Examiners, whose examiners are trained to identify the warning signs and red flags that indicate evidence of fraud and fraud risk. The ACFE is the world's largest anti-fraud organization and premier provider of anti-fraud training and education and is also recognized by many regulatory agencies.

The Board has taken the aforementioned important measures to protect client assets, and will continue to adopt measures to safeguard client assets in the years to come as these efforts are in the best interest of the client.

On behalf of the entire Board, we thank you for affording us the opportunity to service your trading needs.

Ross H. Ditlove

Chairman of the Board of Directors

ybfjax Aug 7, 2012 7:30am | Post# 9787

Tonight we sent out an email regarding changes to our client protection procedures and I'd like to share it with you. If you have any questions, please let me know.

[i]Dear Valued Clients,

It is understandable that investors are concerned about the safety of their assets maintained at financial institutions, in the wake of the many published cases of fraud and ponzi schemes (e.g., Peregrine Financial Group, Bernard L. Madoff, Refco, MF Global). Over the past decade, many investors have been victimized around the world.

The Board of Directors...
i just read the email. In practical terms, what actual additional protections do traders have now? I didn't see any

Everyone from regulators to brokers are dancing around the only true method to protect client funds: combination of segregated funds and some real insurance. This might explain why PFG Canada clients may not end up losing any money.

wannatradefx Aug 7, 2012 10:00am | Post# 9788

i just read the email. In practical terms, what actual additional protections do traders have now? I didn't see any

Everyone from regulators to brokers are dancing around the only true method to protect client funds: combination of segregated funds and some real insurance. This might explain why PFG Canada clients may not end up losing any money.
MB already segregates customer funds from business funds.

Crassius Aug 7, 2012 10:20am | Post# 9789

That would take the regulators setting up an insurance scheme and taxing FX transactions to fund it.

It isn't something MB or any broker can do.

It may be opening a pandora's box.... We already have regulations that if properly enforced protect client funds.

Where is the outrage at the NFA that was so stupid that for YEARS they communicated with a PO Box that Wasendorf had rented with the same name as his bank. Where is the outrage that the NFA relied on the paperwork Wasendorf forged on a copy machine in his office and then mailed from the same PO Box faking a 200 million dollar account balance of segregated client funds.

If the NFA are so incompetent that they can't enforce the regulations that already exist, why would the ultimate outcome be any better if we give them even more regulatory authority... give them more taxing power... give them more to oversee with an insurance scheme in the name of client protection?

smittens4212 Aug 7, 2012 11:21am | Post# 9790

Hey Justin,

I've been having a problem using the mobile app when entering orders. It's very consistent.

My first order of the day always goes in, regardless of whether it's a market/limit/trail, etc, and it doesn't seem to matter if it's on my demo or live account.

After the first order, no other orders go through; they get stuck at the screen after "Order Entry", just saying "Submitting Order.." at which point eventually nothing will happen (no timeout error), the order won't have been submitted, and I have to back out. The only solution is to restart the MBT app, in which case my next order will work, but then I hit the same problem again-- no orders after that submit, and I need to restart the app, and so on and so forth.

I'm using v 1.1.3, which is the newest version, and I have an iphone 4s.

Thanks

jleblang Aug 7, 2012 1:23pm | Post# 9791

Hey Justin,

I've been having a problem using the mobile app when entering orders. It's very consistent.

My first order of the day always goes in, regardless of whether it's a market/limit/trail, etc, and it doesn't seem to matter if it's on my demo or live account.

After the first order, no other orders go through; they get stuck at the screen after "Order Entry", just saying "Submitting Order.." at which point eventually nothing will happen (no timeout error), the order won't have been submitted, and I have to back out. The only solution...
Thank you for letting me know. I'm going to open a ticket and see if we have any other reports similar to what you have descried here. Stay tuned.

pips4life Aug 7, 2012 10:26pm | Post# 9792

What's up with the Android MT4 app for MBT Live? I've been using it for a couple months to manage my live MT4 PFL account trades, but it stopped updating/communicating 1-2 days ago. I decided to try uninstalling the app then reinstall it.

From Google Play, I installed "Metatrader 4".

When I tell it to login to an existing account, it asks to "Choose Trading Server". I enter the first 2 letters "MB" and it only finds two Demo entries:

MBT-Pay for Limits Demo
MB Trading Forex

MBTrading-Pay for Limits Demo
MB Trading Futures, Inc.

I'm a bit confused by these two Demo servers because they both say "Pay for Limits". However, the big problem is it doesn't find any "Live" server. (I don't know what the exact server name was before but the one I used worked for my live MT4 PFL account).

Please advise.

ybfjax Aug 8, 2012 6:39am | Post# 9793

That would take the regulators setting up an insurance scheme and taxing FX transactions to fund it.

It isn't something MB or any broker can do.

It may be opening a pandora's box.... We already have regulations that if properly enforced protect client funds.

Where is the outrage at the NFA that was so stupid that for YEARS they communicated with a PO Box that Wasendorf had rented with the same name as his bank. Where is the outrage that the NFA relied on the paperwork Wasendorf forged on a copy machine in his office and then mailed...
You know to be honest, I agree with you when you put it in this light. Outside of segregation and insurance (which could be a private or industry-funded, not gov't funded), I really didn't want much else. I wanted these things in place way back when 1:10 leverage was seriously being considered.

I only mentioned these because all the other stuff being recommended, or has already been recommended, only about 20% of it was geared to directly benefit all traders (things like stopping asymmetrical slippage, limiting the amount of time broker can modify fake prices, etc.)
MB already segregates customer funds from business funds.
For forex clients as well as futures?

Crassius Aug 8, 2012 6:43am | Post# 9794

You know to be honest, I agree with you when you put it in this light. Outside of segregation and insurance (which could be a private or industry-funded, not gov't funded),
I would be all in favor of a private solution as you have suggested.

smittens4212 Aug 8, 2012 10:25am | Post# 9795

Thank you for letting me know. I'm going to open a ticket and see if we have any other reports similar to what you have descried here. Stay tuned.
Much more alarming issue encountered today Justin.

When I log in, I am seeing accounts that are not mine. On multiple occasions today (because I have to log in and out every time I want to place a new order), when I've logged in, the positions tab is showing me other people's accounts and NOT mine, and these include live accounts. The same goes for order entry-- I have not tried entering orders on other accounts for obvious reasons but that would be horrible if it was possible.

I can't access any of my accounts at this moment. Every time I log in I am getting other people's accounts under my username, and none of my own. I have a small open position (with a stop) that I'm OK with, but this is pretty disconcerting.

edit: my accounts are showing again, but this was after 15 minutes of having to log in, log out, restart, etc.

edit2: On the plus side, I was finally able to get MBTweb working @ work for the first time, so I can manage anything through there. I do like having the option of mobile trading, though.

jleblang Aug 8, 2012 2:58pm | Post# 9796

Much more alarming issue encountered today Justin.

When I log in, I am seeing accounts that are not mine. On multiple occasions today (because I have to log in and out every time I want to place a new order), when I've logged in, the positions tab is showing me other people's accounts and NOT mine, and these include live accounts. The same goes for order entry-- I have not tried entering orders on other accounts for obvious reasons but that would be horrible if it was possible.

I can't access any of my accounts at this moment. Every time...
Was this a live or demo account? Can you send me a PM with your account info please, because this would be an isolated incident and I'd like to look closer at it.

ilove Aug 8, 2012 6:58pm | Post# 9797

Internal transfer

I made deposit by card yesterday and funds was processed/available today.

A few questions/problems:

1, Is there any plan to make funds from card deposit available instantly? As far as I am aware, most, probably all UK firms support this.

2, I wanted to deposit only 900 by card but I had to break it into smaller amount, i.e. 400 once and 500 once, otherwise I got error message saying amount exceeded ceiling limit. Why? On your website: Minimum per deposit: 200 GBP Maximum per deposit: 2,000 GBP" It's far less than 2000.

3, By mistake, I made 500 deposit to one of my accounts that I didn't want to use. Therefore later when I realised it I online chatted with cashier who sent me pdf file for internal transfer (website internal transfer didn't work because available fund was 0.00). I received a reply below:

Dear xxxxxxx,

We received your Internal Transfer Request. We will be able to process it tomorrow because the funds do not officially hit your statement, until after rollover today. The transfer request will be processed tomorrow.

OK now it's 18:49 Wednesday (EDT), about 2 hours later than rollover time. I logged in mbt uk website and tried to in do transfer online. It showed on one account, there was 500. I selected it and hit Submit Request button. Guess what, I got an error message below:

An error occurred. Requested amount exceeds available Equity. Request rejected. Please call the Cashier at 44-20-3519-0603 or email them atcustomerservice@mbtrading.co.uk for further assistance.
Thank you for choosing MBTUK

Well, I choose MBT not for this type of error thought I then tried 400, still no luck, 1, still the same error!

Has anyone ever successfully transferred internally? Justin, could you please explain why I got that error message? Many thanks.

evanichka Aug 9, 2012 4:14am | Post# 9798

What's up with the Android MT4 app for MBT Live? I've been using it for a couple months to manage my live MT4 PFL account trades, but it stopped updating/communicating 1-2 days ago. I decided to try uninstalling the app then reinstall it.

From Google Play, I installed "Metatrader 4".

When I tell it to login to an existing account, it asks to "Choose Trading Server". I enter the first 2 letters "MB" and it only finds two Demo entries:

MBT-Pay for Limits Demo
MB Trading Forex

MBTrading-Pay for Limits Demo
MB Trading...
I have been having the same problem for the past couple days, but on the iOS client. Any news regarding this issue???

LarryDarrell Aug 9, 2012 5:06am | Post# 9799

EXN feed frozen

Hi, just to inform you: the EXN feed is frozen since 50 minutes now. I have been on contact with the support, they say it will be reset momentarily, but that was 20 minutes ago...
Very bad. I am running an EA there, which would have had some actions by now. I didn't think this could happen for such an extended time!

LD

Crassius Aug 9, 2012 5:09am | Post# 9800

Hi, just to inform you: the EXN feed is frozen since 50 minutes now. I have been on contact with the support, they say it will be reset momentarily, but that was 20 minutes ago...
Very bad. I am running an EA there, which would have had some actions by now. I didn't think this could happen for such an extended time!

LD
No problems on DeskTop from East Coast US.... There are several servers so it may be isolated to only yours.

© Forex Factory