Japan fin min Suzuki says excess FX volatility, disorderly moves, can hurt economy
Japan finance minister Suzuki: • Excess FX volatility, disorderly moves can hurt economy, financial stability. • Told G20 Japan is deeply worried about recent sharp forex volatility. • Explained that the recent Yen intervention was prompted by excess moves by speculators. • Cannot tolerate excess moves by speculators. • We'll respond appropriately to excess FX volatility. • Other countries made no comment on Japan's intervention. • He reaffirmed previous G7 and G20 commitments on currencies. • Monetary policy tightening is having an impact on the global economy. These comments, using words such as ... (full story)
- Comment #1
- Oct 13, 2022 12:24am Oct 13, 2022 12:24am
- Joined Mar 2008 | Status: PVSRA with Traderathome | 1591 Comments
- Comment #2
- Oct 13, 2022 1:26am Oct 13, 2022 1:26am
- | Joined Oct 2011 | Status: Member | 174 Comments
- Comment #3
- Oct 13, 2022 1:41am Oct 13, 2022 1:41am
- Joined Feb 2012 | Status: Member | 548 Comments
- Comment #4
- Oct 13, 2022 3:11am Oct 13, 2022 3:11am
- | Commercial Member | Joined Feb 2022 | 685 Comments
- Comment #5
- Oct 13, 2022 3:28am Oct 13, 2022 3:28am
- Joined Dec 2012 | Status: Member | 1460 Comments
- Comment #6
- Oct 13, 2022 5:51am Oct 13, 2022 5:51am
- Joined Sep 2008 | Status: Member | 9 Comments
- Comment #7
- Oct 13, 2022 6:43am Oct 13, 2022 6:43am
- | Joined May 2022 | Status: Elite | 78 Comments
- Comment #8
- Oct 13, 2022 7:34am Oct 13, 2022 7:34am
- | Joined Apr 2022 | Status: Member | 197 Comments
- Older Stories
The Japanese yen’ s slump against the U.S. dollar has sparked some worry in Japan, but that could encourage more travelers to visit the country again, according to analysts — ...
Volatility in financial markets (especially bonds) rose in September. While markets continued to adjust their monetary policy expectations –reflecting the competing forces of ...
tweet at 10:22pm: US Officials Fear Russia Oil Cap Risks Failing After OPEC+ Cut #OOTT
- Newer Stories
We, the G7 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors, met in Washington D.C. We were honoured to be joined by the Ukrainian Finance Minister. We were also joined by the Heads ...
A civil jury in Connecticut has ruled that Alex Jones and his company Infowars should pay a total of $965 million to the families of several children killed at Sandy Hook, as well ...
video BoC doesn't have to follow the U.S. central bank's aggressive strategy: Former U.S. Fed official Hilary Punchard, BNN Bloomberg Now ShowingA recession alone will not cause ...