Forex Factory (http://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (http://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   AUD/USD (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=95260)

mpurdy1973 Dec 8, 2011 8:56pm | Post# 37321

i think you are correct; my chart is a 5minute chart... i think it will take your 'A' path for the following reasons:
1) everyone want the euro problem to go away (so they will think so in short term during the holiday season)
2) reality will set in soon; then out come the hungry bears:-)

i see the audusd testing 0.8600 and the eurusd testing 1.1800 in the first quarter of 2012.

hmmm... my MACD is still showing continued downward pressure on the 4H chart. the MAs also sliding into intermediate downtrend...

happytrader Dec 8, 2011 9:01pm | Post# 37322

i think you are correct; my chart is a 5minute chart... i think it will take your 'A' path for the following reasons:
1) everyone want the euro problem to go away (so they will think so in short term during the holiday season)

i see the audusd testing 0.8600 and the eurusd testing 1.1800 in the first quarter of 2012.
i hope it's not going range for the whole day...

benjamf13 Dec 8, 2011 9:02pm | Post# 37323

My head says A, but my heart says B.... is that even possible? haha
Will it do what we all expect? I've been trying to trade on expectation lately, and have failed on pretty much all trades... so I'm following my heart. haha Im short 1mini @ 1.0160.....no SL. common baby!!

mpurdy1973 Dec 8, 2011 9:03pm | Post# 37324

sadly it could... it has ranged all week (only 234 pips for the whole week!) what is worse it if it starts to move closed to the close...then we miss all the action and next week there is a huge gap :-((

however, i would rather miss a good trade then take a huge loss holding over the weekend!

i hope it's not going range for the whole day...

mpurdy1973 Dec 8, 2011 9:05pm | Post# 37325

my trading has been bad also this week; i believe it is because of the tight range; i have been lucky that i kept tight stops, so my losses have been little.

Will it do what we all expect? I've been trying to trade on expectation lately, and have failed on pretty much all trades... so I'm following my heart. haha Im short 1mini @ 1.0160.....no SL. common baby!!

happytrader Dec 8, 2011 9:06pm | Post# 37326

i feel like shorting too. but i dont' know why aud is rising and ftse and wall street are rising too....

erm....... so much confusion.

Sixpack73 Dec 8, 2011 9:11pm | Post# 37327

i feel like shorting too. but i dont' know why aud is rising and ftse and wall street are rising too....

hopium for tomorrow is all i can figure. i just read an article saying they were still in disagreement about a lot of things but market had no reaction except more up....weird

sidhujag Dec 8, 2011 9:11pm | Post# 37328

maybe deal was reached this was chance to buy low

mpurdy1973 Dec 8, 2011 9:19pm | Post# 37329

im flat... will check things out later... happy trading :-) dont fall asleep ;-)

fx-rocket Dec 8, 2011 9:28pm | Post# 37330

1 Attachment(s)
Still playing the range here...

Long @ 1.0176, sl 1.0136, tp 1.0296
Nice rounded bottom on the 1h chart to support tis long position
Name:  ScreenHunter_001.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  39 KB

Sixpack73 Dec 8, 2011 9:30pm | Post# 37331

BRUSSELS (Dow Jones)-- European Union leaders remained deadlocked early Friday morning over key aspects of their anti-crisis response, including a Franco- German proposal to change EU treaties to prevent governments running large deficits.
As they began a critical two-day meeting seen as one of the last chances to arrest an escalating debt and banking crisis, EU leaders also appeared no closer to agreeing how to boost up the funds available for the region's bailout firewall.
Heading into the talks Finnish PM Jyrki Katainen stressed that markets are more interested in agreeing a robust euro-zone firewall than they are in treaty change, while U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron reiterated that he won't sign up to treaty change unless key U.K. interests are protected.
Earlier Thursday, French President Nicolas Sarkozy and German Chancellor Angela Merkel stepped up the pressure on their European peers to swiftly change treaties and accept more centralized control of their budgets, warning that failure to do so would spell disaster for the euro and the whole continent.
Europe's two leading powers have warned that if other countries do not agree to treaty changes, they will push for a separate agreement among the 17 euro - zone members.
"[Chancellor Angela] Merkel's opening salvo at the beginning of the summit is a maximalistic position that the EU's 27 members must adopt an initial agreement for deep-reaching treaty changes. This is what she told a group of leaders before dinner began" late Thursday, a person familiar with the talks told Dow Jones Newswires, adding that talk on EU treaty changes would start later Friday.
Under the threat of a collective downgrade by Standard & Poor's if Friday's summit fails to produce a plan to save the euro and restore market confidence, euro-zone leaders are also expected to discuss a plan to revamp the permanent bailout mechanism and look at proposals to channel funds to the International Monetary Fund through the region's central banks.
The draft guidelines, seen by Dow Jones Newswires, call for the European Stability Mechanism to run alongside the European Financial Stability Facility. They also call for the ESM start date to be brought forward by a year to July 2012 . However the draft text is still preliminary and may well be changed by leaders.
Officials said there was in fact broad agreement among leaders on bringing forward the start date.
However they said the EU was still far from agreeing on whether the two sides should run alongside each other and whether it should be allowed to become a credit institution - effectively turning it into a bank that can borrow from the European Central Bank . Germany is opposed to both ideas.
If the temporary and permanent bailout funds are combined, that could mean the existing cap of EUR500 billion on the firepower of the two funds could be lifted.
The draft document also said the ESM would be allowed to directly recapitalize European banks if needed.
European Council President Herman Van Rompuy has proposed that the ESM, the euro zone's permanent rescue fund, would be more effective if it becomes a " credit institution", which would allow it to access financing from the ECB.
However, Germany rejects any proposal that would give either of the euro zone's bailout funds a banking license, a senior German official said Thursday. Germany also rejects the idea of the ESM and the EFSF running simultaneously, another official said.
The draft guidelines also said euro-area countries would lend money to the IMF through bilateral loans, but offered no further details.
EU officials told Dow Jones Newswires on Thursday that the amount of loans to the IMF could reach EUR200 billion , with EUR150 billion coming from euro-area countries.
The draft included a general outline for the changes needed to achieve a " fiscal compact" of closer economic and fiscal union.
Fiscal coordination and integration would include a new fiscal rule in the constitutions or organic legislation of member states to reach balanced budgets, apart from during economic downturns or severe economic shocks.
Delinquent countries breaching the 3% GDP deficit-level rule would face automatic sanctions but these could be overridden by a qualified majority vote in the euro-area leaders' council.
As the EU leaders gathered in Brussels , the European Central Bank spelled out a raft of measures to help ease pressure on banks, but none to bail out the euro zone's debt-laden governments.
ECB President Mario Draghi returned the benchmark interest rate to an all time low of 1% but gave no signal the ECB was ready to expand its purchases of euro- zone bonds, if the leaders seal a convincing new pact on fiscal policy and economic governance at their meeting Friday.
-By Matina Stevis and Costas Paris, Dow Jones Newswires; 0032-0-27411483; matina.stevis@dowjones.com
- William Boston , Laurence Norman , Geoffrey Smith and Matthew Dalton contributed to this article

fx-rocket Dec 8, 2011 10:00pm | Post# 37332

Still playing the range here...

Long @ 1.0176, sl 1.0136, tp 1.0296
Out at +1 (1.0137)

fx-rocket Dec 8, 2011 10:01pm | Post# 37333

short 1.0177, sl 1.0212... TP open

fx-rocket Dec 8, 2011 10:05pm | Post# 37334

wow, glad I reversed that one!

bdsilvano Dec 8, 2011 10:07pm | Post# 37335

im waiting for the follow bargain price for me to short again... yesterday i made some pretty good gain on this pair.

hope i could enter on those number for my swing position be kicking again

ragnakore Dec 8, 2011 10:08pm | Post# 37336

holy selloff

rafiqhidayat Dec 8, 2011 10:09pm | Post# 37337

Shorted, and closed at 1.0155...

Now it's at 1.0120... I am brave enough to buy the bounce.

mpurdy1973 Dec 8, 2011 10:10pm | Post# 37338

i am now short with 14 lots (mini lots - small account) with my lowest stop at 1.0139

i took 9 off; dont think it is going to move much more now... should drop 300 pips; but someone is still buying heavy???

mpurdy1973 Dec 8, 2011 10:13pm | Post# 37339

what is interesting is that the audusd is moving faster than the eurusd and since it takes a smaller margin to trade it; its a win/win :-)

mpurdy1973 Dec 8, 2011 10:14pm | Post# 37340

no! not this time - this is going to double digits!

Shorted, and closed at 1.0155...

Now it's at 1.0120... I am brave enough to buy the bounce.

benjamf13 Dec 8, 2011 10:16pm | Post# 37341

muh hahahah!! my heart is right for this 15M bar... hahah

keep falling baby, keep falling!!

jeff_b Dec 8, 2011 10:17pm | Post# 37342

I've just TP on my shorts from 1.02 @ 1.0114. Be careful man, this time of the year there's only sharks deperate for blood out there.

i am now short with 14 lots (mini lots - small account) with my lowest stop at 1.0139 - if it does take me out i think i will double my money tonight :-)

lolygagv2 Dec 8, 2011 10:18pm | Post# 37343

News and speculation trading........gotta love it! http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7B807O20111209

Released 10 minutes ago now, coincides with the 40 pip drop.

benjamf13 Dec 8, 2011 10:19pm | Post# 37344

support brekout.. if it holds under, its doomed!

rafiqhidayat Dec 8, 2011 10:21pm | Post# 37345

no! not this time - this is going to double digits!
Actually it should have been AM I BRAVE ENOUGH TO BUY THE BOUNCE? Apparently not... .. will wait for a much better price.

Edit: Decided to purchase USDCHF instead for 0.3 mini lots.

jeff_b Dec 8, 2011 10:26pm | Post# 37346

I rarely trade A/U but it's interesting A/U drops more than the E/U pair, nearly 90 pips. E/U only moved around 70 pips or so. Are you guys stil holding your shorts or out already? Tonight should be interesting with the EZ summit underway.

mpurdy1973 Dec 8, 2011 10:28pm | Post# 37347

a nice bounce up to about 1.0150 would be great -> then back down to .97 :-)

KCV Dec 8, 2011 10:28pm | Post# 37348

60 Pips on a 5 std

Merry Christmas..

benjamf13 Dec 8, 2011 10:28pm | Post# 37349

I rarely trade A/U but it's interesting A/U drops more than the E/U pair, nearly 90 pips. E/U only moved around 70 pips or so. Are you guys stil holding your shorts or out already? Tonight should be interesting with the EZ summit underway.
i'm 40 pips in the green, so i've now put my SL to BE. Hoping for further downward pressure close to 1.01 or parity. Despite the sentiment, all my indicators I trade with all point south.

Sixpack73 Dec 8, 2011 10:29pm | Post# 37350

makes ya wonder - must be some insider stuff going on cause that was a fast 20-30 pip drop from 1.02 then it kinda hovered again around 1.017 before the news came out and dropped it like a rock... i shouldn't be surprised though

benjamf13 Dec 8, 2011 10:30pm | Post# 37351

60 Pips on a 5 std

Mery Christmas..

don't do what I did, and hold it over the weekend. I lost 3std and 160 odd pips at the start of the week by holding on to it over the WE~ D'OH!

KCV Dec 8, 2011 10:31pm | Post# 37352

don't do what I did, and hold it over the weekend. I lost 3std and 160 odd pips at the start of the week by holding on to it over the WE~ D'OH!
I never hold on the weekends..

Sorry to hear that...

Make it now.

KC.

benjamf13 Dec 8, 2011 10:31pm | Post# 37353

anyone else doing a concurrent gold play as well?

happytrader Dec 8, 2011 10:37pm | Post# 37354

shorted at 1.018 n closed for 11 pips to cover loss of previous trade..... wonderful. i'm such an idiot!!!!!!! it always happen this way!!!!

mental block!!@! why cant i just let it run!!!!!!!!

benjamf13 Dec 8, 2011 10:39pm | Post# 37355

shorted at 1.018 n closed for 11 pips to cover loss of previous trade..... wonderful. i'm such an idiot!!!!!!! it always happen this way!!!!

don't worry, I do this every now and then too to cover a previous losses too.

Now, wait, evaluate, setup and re-enter.

I'm thinking a minor resistance now forming around 1.012....

jeff_b Dec 8, 2011 10:41pm | Post# 37356

Relax, mate. Why didn't you close half of the trade and let the other half run? Anyways, you should be happy, you made some dough after all.

MrB1g Dec 8, 2011 10:41pm | Post# 37357

Indeed.

I had multiple shorts from 1.0336 downwards, I closed them for 50 pips on the first trade.

Much regret.

Still, a learning process. I'd rather pick the right entry and make some money then not pick the right entry at all!

happytrader Dec 8, 2011 10:44pm | Post# 37358

don't worry, I do this every now and then too to cover a previous losses too.

Now, wait, evaluate, setup and re-enter.

I'm thinking a minor resistance now forming around 1.012....
u guys are so much better... i've made ONLY 8 PIPS PROFIT! this week...

it' been like this for weeks!!!! 20 pips profit or a 100 pips loss a week is crap! from now on i'm gonna STICK TO MY FIRST TP. NO MORE CUTTING PROFIT. i'm beginning to find this a waste of my time...

benjamf13 Dec 8, 2011 10:44pm | Post# 37359

1.01 broken. parity here we come!

jeff_b Dec 8, 2011 10:53pm | Post# 37360

Too soon, give me a decent retracement first won't you so I can join in the fun too. On a serious note, I do believe we are entering a support zone from 1.006 to 1.007 and this zone needs to be cleared first though.

1.01 broken. parity here we come!

© Forex Factory