Forex Factory (http://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (http://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   The art of Trading MAs (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=89714)

Pluto2 Jun 8, 2008 10:32pm | Post# 61

4xWeezal,

Thanks for your effort. It is very much appreciated
that you are going to share the EA with us.

Cheers

4XWeezal Jun 8, 2008 11:13pm | Post# 62

1 Attachment(s)
vI assume everyone has the settings for the cog so youll need to make your setting adjustments.
I took a public ea written by Coders guru and adjusted. I have not tested yet but that something people can do... coders guru is a fairly decent money managment programmer and ema cross kind person so that will be of high quality. I was planning to use another ea I wrote but it has some proprietary type things that are different and took a long time to develop so you will need to understand if I am not all that interested in releasing.
If the system is good, this ea will do what is required. I will make some changes or another coder can look at if they feel like.

Some explanations:

extern double TakeProfit=150; (self explan)
extern double TrailingStop=30; (self explan)
extern double StopLoss=30; (self explan)

extern int HedgeLevel=6; (not quite sure?)
extern double trading_hour_begin = 0; (self explan)
extern double trading_hour_end = 20; (self explan)
extern double Expiration = 7200; (not quite sure... think its for a hedge)
extern int ShortEma = 5; (the slow ema part of cross)
extern int LongEma = 14; (the fast ema part of cross)
extern int lookbackbars= 5; (on the current time frame --how many bars
should the ea look back at the highest high or lowest low where price has closed above the "gold line" .. the ema cross is the second part of the trigger.
let me know if you want to use the greens. I can change it easily or add an option.
extern int CurrentBar = 1; (use the current or the close (1 to 2) for the ema cross
extern double Lots = 0.10; (self explanitory)

let me know of any trouble. This will place trades in both directions of the trend. I can add that in and put in next post if you only want to trade with the cog (1 versus x bars back for example) The initial system was both trend and counter trend.
I have traded cog ea in the past and a big run in a direction will be trouble as in certain markets you will get a zig zag pattern at about a 40 angle and wipe your account out.
EMA_CROSS_CONTEST_HEDGED adjusted for cog trades.mq4

dan_mir Jun 9, 2008 8:24am | Post# 63

EMA crossover early alert indicator

Hi,
Till the EA is ready, here is a good EMA crossover indicator i found, that can alert us instead of being in front of the screen.
It also has a great option of filtering MA over crossing false alerts, like in consolidation periods.
Hope it helps,
Dani M.
http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost...&postcount=429

Pluto2 Jun 9, 2008 9:34am | Post# 64

Hi Dan mir

thanks for the indi.
From what I understand, this indic. is for a cross of EMA and SMA.
Endrout's method is using 2 EMAs

Cheers

Pluto2 Jun 9, 2008 9:43am | Post# 65

Dan mir,

ignore the previous post; I can see now that we can
change the SMA to EMA.

Thanks again

Cheers

porsche Jun 9, 2008 9:50am | Post# 66

1 Attachment(s)
to endrote :
i was added your indicator to my system , but have froblem ? it don't like u ? it is very short in my chart .
Click to Enlarge

Name: pic.gif
Size: 15 KB

dan_mir Jun 9, 2008 10:11am | Post# 67

Hi,
No, You can select the type of MA to be used.
Use this settings:
FastMAPeriod 5
FastMAType 1
SlowMAPeriod 13
SlowMAType 1
Earlypips 1
ResetAlert 10
Dani M.
Hi Dan mir
thanks for the indi.
From what I understand, this indic. is for a cross of EMA and SMA.
Endrout's method is using 2 EMAs
Cheers

dan_mir Jun 9, 2008 10:15am | Post# 68

COG settings

to endrote :
i was added your indicator to my system , but have froblem ? it don't like u ? it is very short in my chart .
I think the problem is that you didnt use the number of bar endrote use.
The settings of the COG should be :
BR
Dani M.

porsche Jun 9, 2008 10:37am | Post# 69

I think the problem is that you didnt use the number of bar endrote use.
The settings of the COG should be :
BR
Dani M.
thank u very much .

Good luck to you .

hollandpippin Jun 9, 2008 11:00am | Post# 70

first of all thank you very much for letting us use your system
it is looking very intersting
also waiting for the EA for your system

just a little question
in post #1 you said for long bar close under green line and a cross over of the ema's the question is should the ema's cross be also under the green line of the cog indicator??
and of course for short the opposit

BTW HOLLAND IS GOING TO BEAT ITALY 3-1

loubse Jun 9, 2008 11:33am | Post# 71

Hi Endroute.
Thanks for sharing your trading method.Its very simple and easy to follow.I just catch som pips on usd/jpy and nzd/usd. Thanks

lrj72 Jun 9, 2008 5:03pm | Post# 72

Hi Endroute
I have been trading this system for a little over a week now and I have been doing pretty good with it. I'm finding that I am more comfortable waiting for the close of a candle and the ema cross to occur below or above the green lines. I am also trading it on the 15 min chart. How long have you been trading this system for? Thank you.

bwk9087 Jun 9, 2008 7:49pm | Post# 73

vI assume everyone has the settings for the cog so youll need to make your setting adjustments.
I took a public ea written by Coders guru and adjusted. I have not tested yet but that something people can do... coders guru is a fairly decent money managment programmer and ema cross kind person so that will be of high quality. I was planning to use another ea I wrote but it has some proprietary type things that are different and took a long time to develop so you will need to understand if I am not all that interested in releasing.
If the system is good, this ea will do what is required. I will make some changes or another coder can look at if they feel like.

Some explanations:

extern double TakeProfit=150; (self explan)
extern double TrailingStop=30; (self explan)
extern double StopLoss=30; (self explan)

extern int HedgeLevel=6; (not quite sure?)
extern double trading_hour_begin = 0; (self explan)
extern double trading_hour_end = 20; (self explan)
extern double Expiration = 7200; (not quite sure... think its for a hedge)
extern int ShortEma = 5; (the slow ema part of cross)
extern int LongEma = 14; (the fast ema part of cross)
extern int lookbackbars= 5; (on the current time frame --how many bars
should the ea look back at the highest high or lowest low where price has closed above the "gold line" .. the ema cross is the second part of the trigger.
let me know if you want to use the greens. I can change it easily or add an option.
extern int CurrentBar = 1; (use the current or the close (1 to 2) for the ema cross
extern double Lots = 0.10; (self explanitory)

let me know of any trouble. This will place trades in both directions of the trend. I can add that in and put in next post if you only want to trade with the cog (1 versus x bars back for example) The initial system was both trend and counter trend.
I have traded cog ea in the past and a big run in a direction will be trouble as in certain markets you will get a zig zag pattern at about a 40 angle and wipe your account out.

Trying out on a 5 min eur/usd chart, got into 5 sells, none had crossed over the upper green cog line. 1 at 18:40, 3 at 18:41, 1 at 18:58. Something don't sound right. It looks like the ema cross was there, and it crossed the center cog line. I will get a picture next time.

endroute Jun 9, 2008 8:38pm | Post# 74

How Long.

Hi Endroute
I have been trading this system for a little over a week now and I have been doing pretty good with it. I'm finding that I am more comfortable waiting for the close of a candle and the ema cross to occur below or above the green lines. I am also trading it on the 15 min chart. How long have you been trading this system for? Thank you.
I have been trading this system for several months, I have been trading ma's for a long time but this is the best approach as of yet.

endroute Jun 9, 2008 8:42pm | Post# 75

EMA Crosses

first of all thank you very much for letting us use your system
it is looking very intersting
also waiting for the EA for your system

just a little question
in post #1 you said for long bar close under green line and a cross over of the ema's the question is should the ema's cross be also under the green line of the cog indicator??
and of course for short the opposit

BTW HOLLAND IS GOING TO BEAT ITALY 3-1
I typically will trade any cross right around the green lines after a bar close below/above the green line, so for a long look for price to close below the bottom green line and then trade any cross after that as long it is right around the green or gold lines. This will give you the best results by far.

© Forex Factory