Forex Factory (http://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (http://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   The art of Trading MAs (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=89714)

Pluto2 Jun 7, 2008 8:51am | Post# 46

EA

4xWeezal,

thanks for all your effort. Looking forward to testing it.
Personally, I like the COG filter.

Cheers

Pluto2 Jun 7, 2008 9:31am | Post# 47

EA

4xWheezal,

we may possibly want the option of following filter;

when the COG lines are heading up, take only Buy signals.
when the COG lines are heading down, take only Sell signals.

Thanks

4XWeezal Jun 7, 2008 10:20am | Post# 48

probably required.
Also, appreciate the feeback. I like entry an exit signal assistance. That makes the ea work well.
Also,, If anyone asks for martingales and % of equity and "garbage" to mess up your ea functioning ..then I ask you call a professional coder. You want to concentrate on hit rate.

porsche Jun 7, 2008 11:21am | Post# 49

i like it . thank u!

piperomia Jun 7, 2008 1:15pm | Post# 50

answer and a question...

AnneMarie (post 41),
Easy, just go to post number 1, and click on the indicator enroute posted, it will download to your computer. From there you can put it into your MT4. If you don’t know how to get an indicator into your MT4 platform, this is easy to remedy too: just go to youtube.com and type in “Secrets of MetaTrader Lesson 3: Installing Indicators”. Life is good and simple

Now for a question: endroute-- when you say EMA, is that Exponential Moving Average? Would you mind posting the 5/13 EMA indicator you are using?

Thanks, and great thread

Piperomia.

AnneMarie Jun 7, 2008 2:07pm | Post# 51

Thank you so much for your time!

Thank you for your time. I really appreciate it!

endroute Jun 8, 2008 6:54am | Post# 52

AnneMarie (post 41),
Easy, just go to post number 1, and click on the indicator enroute posted, it will download to your computer. From there you can put it into your MT4. If you don’t know how to get an indicator into your MT4 platform, this is easy to remedy too: just go to youtube.com and type in “Secrets of MetaTrader Lesson 3: Installing Indicators”. Life is good and simple

Now for a question: endroute-- when you say EMA, is that Exponential Moving Average? Would you mind posting the 5/13 EMA indicator you are using?

Thanks, and great thread

Piperomia.

All I use are the moving average indicators that come with metatrader, go to indictors trend and selece moving average, when you are setting up the MA Method as exponential

endroute Jun 8, 2008 7:04am | Post# 53

probably required.
Also, appreciate the feeback. I like entry an exit signal assistance. That makes the ea work well.
Also,, If anyone asks for martingales and % of equity and "garbage" to mess up your ea functioning ..then I ask you call a professional coder. You want to concentrate on hit rate.
For the most part I have just been using the next ma cross, using anything else limits your winners. I would not worry about the slope of the COG lines. Just trading the ema crosses after price has at leased crossed down below the bottom green line for longs and above the top green line for shorts is the way to go, just trading these signals last week would have give you over 2200 pips, this is with closing the trades at the next ema cross.

Pluto2 Jun 8, 2008 8:53am | Post# 54

endroute,

thanks again for you nice and simple method.
Are you trading only the 1h TF?
What are the 9 pairs you are trading?

Cheers

pipcruiser Jun 8, 2008 11:59am | Post# 55

Nice system

Hi endroute,

thank's for posting this interesting system. Can I ask, what time a day do you trade this system?

I guess from London open to London close will be good with high volume.

How many pips a month do you make in average trading the 9 pairs?

Thank's for any input,

PC

piperomia Jun 8, 2008 3:00pm | Post# 56

thanks endroute

doh! cant believe I didn't pick up on that... thanks.
I'm looking forward to the market opening up so i can give this system a try.

endroute Jun 8, 2008 7:46pm | Post# 57

Trades Etc

I trade most pairs on the 1hr but do trade some pairs on the 4hr. I trade the following on the 1hr

usdjpy
eurusd
eurjpy
nzdjpy
gbpjpy

and these on the 4 hr
usdcad
audusd
nzdusd
eurgbp

The great thing is this system allows you to track a number of pairs, because it is so easy to look for setups. I trade anytime I see a signal, so an EA would be great to just email you when there is a setup. I have been using an ma ea to email me ema crosses only but I only run it on a few charts as I would be getting a ton of alerts. On the pips per month question I make a very nice living trading and this is my primary system, I do also trade price action on longer tfs but with much less success. You have to remember success in primarily in the trader, for example if you go into a great setup and price goes against you for a bar or 2 you can't chicken out, trade the system.

I have to say I have been doing much better using the next ema cross as my exit as opposed to some other subjective approach like stochs, cci etc.

Pluto2 Jun 8, 2008 8:16pm | Post# 58

Hello endroute,

to your knowledge, will it make big difference if my broker's time
for a beginning of new day is 3 hrs earlier?

Thanks for all your help.
Let's hope that 4xWheezal will have the EA for us soon.
We should be able to use an EA for this mechanical method.

Cheers

endroute Jun 8, 2008 8:20pm | Post# 59

Broker Time

Hello endroute,

to your knowledge, will it make big difference if my broker's time
for a beginning of new day is 3 hrs earlier?

Thanks for all your help.
Let's hope that 4xWheezal will have the EA for us soon.
We should be able to use an EA for this mechanical method.

Cheers
Broker time does not matter with this, your days will just begin and end differently, but should not affect where the bars are.

4XWeezal Jun 8, 2008 10:16pm | Post# 60

endroute,
if you are making good coin on this... you may want a professional coder. -
Also, if there are other coders go ahead on this.--- you may get it done quicker and better quality. Also, in my ea just written there were certain things not functioning properly (I can 't use some eas' as they are from private forums and the coder would not them released) so I will need to select another one off a public site and do a rewrite - it may be a little less robust but will fit your conditions of how you trade this particular strategy. There is plenty of time.

© Forex Factory