Forex Factory (http://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (http://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Guppy's Multi-Moving Average (GMMA) (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=5933)

twoblink Jun 16, 2006 9:03am | Post# 1

Guppy's Multi-Moving Average (GMMA)

2 Attachment(s)
GMMA for VT.

Screen Shot included. If you don't know what that is, don't ask me, ask google please.
Guppy.vtscr
Name:  GMMA.gif
Views: 58629
Size:  80 KB

nitman Jun 16, 2006 10:34am | Post# 2

Who's Guppy? That's a silly name. Google didn't help.

smjones Jun 16, 2006 11:07am | Post# 3

Google Daryl Guppy... Just one of the finest traders from Australia that has ever walked the Earth

Who's Guppy? That's a silly name. Google didn't help.

diminuendo Jun 16, 2006 12:24pm | Post# 4

Hi all,
From my own, pencil chewing, observations
it seems that when the shorter (blue) Guppy ma's
are concentrated, either on the UP SPIKE of a BULLISH c/stick, or their ALL INSIDE the body of
a similar c/stick. Then this seems to be a strong
indication of a possible up trend.
I use a 4hr chart, and on the USA/JAP, 800 - 1200 GMT c/stick,all the blue Guppies were in the top
half of this stick.
I went Long @114.96
Hi again, I closed trade (Demo Accnt) @ 20.33pm
GMT @115.14. Only 18 pips - but for a late
Friday afternoon trade i'm not complaining.
The weekend starts now!!!!!!!!!
P.s - many thanks Scott, i'll check out Amazon.

smjones Jun 16, 2006 12:40pm | Post# 5

Hi, diminuendo,

There is an excellent book by Daryl Guppy "Trend Trading" that explains his approach well... I would hold off trading his avgs until you have read this..

thanks much, Scott

Hi all,
From my own, pencil chewing, observations
it seems that when the shorter (blue) Guppy ma's
are concentrated, either on the UP SPIKE of a BULLISH c/stick, or their ALL INSIDE the body of
a similar c/stick. Then this seems to be a strong
indication of a possible up trend.
I use a 4hr chart, and on the USA/JAP, 800 - 1200 GMT c/stick,all the blue Guppies were in the top
half of this stick.
I went Long @114.96

renasdad Jun 17, 2006 6:01am | Post# 6

I found some stuff on the web explaining the thought process for the GMMA and it makes quite a bit of sense.

linuxtroll Jun 17, 2006 9:33am | Post# 7

Finally, you guys have discovered Guppy... Guppy and Hulls Multiple Moving Averages work all the time; in all time frames... I am using a fine tuned version for several years... Do a search on Linuxtroll in Oanda and TSD for different screen shots... I also created a rainbow stuff based on this idea...

Try this in M1 or M5 timeframe for scalping:
EMA (weighted close): 25,30,35,40,45,50,55 (Yellow)
EMA (weighted close): 89,99,109,119,129,139,149 (Green)

Works well on other time frames too...

Cheers,

twoblink Jun 17, 2006 11:22am | Post# 8

Actually, I knew about Guppy and Hull's Moving Average a long time ago.. I just was surprise that most didn't, and so I threw all the indicators up for people to download and use..

There's a guy on one of the forums, that has the prettiest Guppy MMA that I've ever seen. It's very very rainbow..

dolphin412 Jun 17, 2006 1:20pm | Post# 9

Hi Linuxtroll,

How exactly do you use those MAs to trade? Like, do you only trade in the direction of the MAs, or do you trade when price bounces off the MAs?

Thanks.

twoblink Jun 17, 2006 2:13pm | Post# 10

dolphin, I highly suggest you use google. There's about a bazillion articles on the Guppy indicator.. The articles go into great details on how to use it.

try something like "GMMA Guppy" in any search engine, you'll get more than you can read..

linuxtroll Jun 17, 2006 3:17pm | Post# 11

Actually, I knew about Guppy and Hull's Moving Average a long time ago.. I just was surprise that most didn't, and so I threw all the indicators up for people to download and use..

There's a guy on one of the forums, that has the prettiest Guppy MMA that I've ever seen. It's very very rainbow..
Who is that guy... Can you provide a link... LoL

linuxtroll Jun 17, 2006 3:27pm | Post# 12

Hi Linuxtroll,

How exactly do you use those MAs to trade? Like, do you only trade in the direction of the MAs, or do you trade when price bounces off the MAs?

Thanks.
When the Yellow MMA converges -- That is the point where all traders are agreeing on th price... Ideal place to enter -- You need a lot of screen time to identify the ideal entry points...

When two groups separate - You have some good entries too...

You can go counter trend using bubble area trading...

Just trade my setup in M1 or M5 for a month and you will know the entry points clearly... Best tool for scalping as well as swing; and you do not need candles or price -- and use only one timeframe according to your money management (like woodies CCI system)... LoL

Money management is the Key...

Cheers,

dolphin412 Jun 17, 2006 10:36pm | Post# 13

You can go counter trend using bubble area trading...
Hi Linuxtroll,

Thanks for your clarification. But what do you mean by "bubble area trading"?

Thanks.

Matsu Jun 17, 2006 11:52pm | Post# 14

1 Attachment(s)

But what do you mean by "bubble area trading"?

Hope this is the right bubble.

Matsu
THE GMMA-Bubble Trading.doc

linuxtroll Jun 17, 2006 11:56pm | Post# 15

Hi Linuxtroll,

Thanks.
When a rally ends; the yellow group always creates a bubble; where you can trade against the trend (take profit area) or it can be also a new trend developing area...

Yellow is short term traders; Green is long term traders... for high probability trades -- always go with the green group...

Cheers,
--

linuxtroll Jun 18, 2006 12:07am | Post# 16

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Linuxtroll,

Thanks.
Here is the basics...
guppy.pdf

johnedoe Jun 18, 2006 4:57am | Post# 17

please elaborate a bit more on this bubble formation....likw somw images, thanks

linuxtroll Jun 18, 2006 8:42am | Post# 18

please elaborate a bit more on this bubble formation....likw somw images, thanks
Read the doc Matsu posted... images for all bubble examples are there...

boiseboy Jun 18, 2006 10:17am | Post# 19

Hope this is the right bubble.

Matsu
Matsu:
Thanks for the great document; this is really going to help.

I noticed that it began: "This is the last in the series of notes on GMMA applications..." And, from reading some of Guppy's work, I know he's got about 6 or 7 applications where he uses the MMAs.

Do you have any other docs with the details on those? I've found bits and pieces on the web, but only a few are from the source.

Many, many thanks to you and LinuxTroll -

Ed

Matsu Jun 18, 2006 8:49pm | Post# 20

2 Attachment(s)

Do you have any other docs with the details on those? I've found bits and pieces on the web, but only a few are from the source.

Ed
Hi Ed,

I don't know which are in the series, but the attached files might be.

Regards,

Matsu
Guppy Multiple Moving Average.doc
THE GMMA-Trading The Breakout.doc

© Forex Factory