Forex Factory (http://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (http://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Pending order script (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=425406)

kosmo May 1, 2013 8:28am | Post# 1

2 Attachment(s)
UPDATE - REQUEST FOR MODIFICATION

I am looking for a talented coder to be able to modify the attached scripts, so that they draw movable lines on the chart for SL/TP/entry price levels after the order has been submitted. Their input options need to stay the same as in the original scripts, though.

Thank you in advance.

Source

ORIGINAL FIRST POST

I'm looking for a pending order script with adjustable drag and drop lines (just like lvoe), which would place a pending stop buy/sell order at a specified pip distance above/below the last candle's high/low.

So, it has to automatically read the last candle's high/low and place a pending order at a set pip distance above/below it (plus spread).

It should also have the ability to preset SL/TP and lot size within the settings (just like lvoe, again).

If anyone could share or point me in the right direction where I could get such a script, that would be fantastic.

Thanks!
Philipps Pending Buy Script.mq4
Philipps Pending Sell Script.mq4

kosmo May 1, 2013 11:53am | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
One I've found so far. Not tested yet, but looks promising. Will add more if I find any other.
Trading Support EA_v1.ex4

kosmo May 1, 2013 2:01pm | Post# 3

MT4 Order Plugin by sangmane

kosmo May 1, 2013 3:47pm | Post# 4

A truly impressive collection by forexsaint!

Thoughts May 1, 2013 5:53pm | Post# 5

Pending order scripts abound, the closest to what youre looking for that I know of is here: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/php...hp?f=48&t=1325

If you use pre-defined SLs and TPs with lvoe then coupling the two together might be what you need.

kosmo May 1, 2013 7:06pm | Post# 6

1 Attachment(s)
Pending order scripts abound, the closest to what youre looking for that I know of is here: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/php...hp?f=48&t=1325 If you use pre-defined SLs and TPs with lvoe then coupling the two together might be what you need.
Thank you! Thank you! Now I know such scripts exist!

It seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm getting an error message as below.

Will try to sort it out at the source.
Click to Enlarge

Name: pending.jpg
Size: 17 KB

Simonik May 2, 2013 2:29am | Post# 7

Pending order scripts abound, the closest to what youre looking for that I know of is here: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/php...hp?f=48&t=1325 If you use pre-defined SLs and TPs with lvoe then coupling the two together might be what you need.
Steve is amazing! is not human...is a code machine

I highly recommand his forum

PS: another valuable member of FF lost...

pps: something like this is Aurora ea (by Steve) if i remember correct (pending on high/low of previous candle with some filters)

Thoughts May 2, 2013 5:55am | Post# 8

{quote} Thank you! Thank you! Now I know such scripts exist! It seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm getting an error message as below. Will try to sort it out at the source. {image}
Hello Jo . I'm not sure exactly what the issue could be, but I suspect its a broker side thing. Perhaps the pending order is too close to price?

kosmo May 2, 2013 5:59am | Post# 9

{quote} Steve is amazing! is not human...is a code machine I highly recommand his forum PS: another valuable member of FF lost... pps: something like this is Aurora ea (by Steve) if i remember correct (pending on high/low of previous candle with some filters)
Thanks, Simonik! Excellent suggestion as always!

I'm going to explore the world of Steve right away

kosmo May 2, 2013 6:04am | Post# 10

{quote}Hello Jo . I'm not sure exactly what the issue could be, but I suspect its a broker side thing. Perhaps the pending order is too close to price?
Hello Thoughts! Thanks for stopping by

Hmm.. from what I've read I'd suspect that too. But that would be really strange with a broker like IC Markets. As far as I know they have no such limits... it was tested on demo though.

EDIT: The pip distance was set to 5, but it was tested between NY close and Sydney open, so my next suspect would be the spread. Not sure if the script takes into account floating spreads or whether it's only working with fixed ones.

But that's a question for Steve

kosmo May 2, 2013 8:14am | Post# 11

{quote}It seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm getting an error message as below.{image}
Update:

It's working perfectly! My mistake, I tested it on HA candles

kosmo May 2, 2013 2:58pm | Post# 12

Another incarnation of Steve's script.

kosmo May 3, 2013 3:00pm | Post# 13

1 Attachment(s)
EasyOrder script by sangmane - version updated by Lifesys.

That's the closest I could get so far to what I'm looking for as far as movable lines are concerned.

Still, it doesn't let x pip distance from the last candle's high/low to be preset as order entry price. But maybe that won't be necessary with a bit of practice.
EasyOrder.zip

kosmo May 6, 2013 9:05am | Post# 14

EasyOrder script by sangmane - version updated by Lifesys. That's the closest I could get so far to what I'm looking for as far as movable lines are concerned. Still, it doesn't let x pip distance from the last candle's high/low to be preset as order entry price. But maybe that won't be necessary with a bit of practice. {file}
After several uses EasyOrder stopped working. Same problem for both versions (sangmane's and Lifesys's) - the SL/TP/entry lines cannot be moved after the order has been submitted; the lines start blinking and the price goes back to its default level.

If anyone knows how to solve this problem, please post.

P.S. I have already tried reinstalling the scripts.

EDIT: My MT4 is Build 482 (8 March 2013).

ber_tdf May 13, 2013 3:44am | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Kosmo, I wanted to tell you I've made good progress in the script and the EA of orders... when I commit myself to share with you these things I had to add some code to make many choices that I use "manual" be an option and that I also raised the need for these options can be left stored in text files to be used in a more "natural" way; might not be of interest to have the same SL and TP in the EUR/USD than the EUR/JPY... this result is very good, and now you can have a configuration for all pairs in the file buy.conf and different settings in buy.eurjpy.conf for the pair EUR/JPY only.
In the case of EA I decided to add something I already had in mind is that when you generate more than one pending order (as I usually do) you can do a "merge" so that the EA move those orders with a single line in instead of X lines, I mean ? before if I would have three pending orders EA placed 3 lines so I could move each order individually, now with a single line move 3 orders until they are executed.

So I'm moving as far my possibilities of time.

To make my testing on a demo account, I have installed a version apart from that I use in my real account, so the demo version is v4.00 build 500 (May 9) the other is v4.00 build 482 (Mar 8).

The problem is that the version build 500 brings a lot of improvements to the handling of orders, now you can move pending orders, stoploss, takeprofit, one click close, etc. (yes, someone in Metatrader has put to work ! ).

Observing this is where I ask myself if it really worth it move forward with this since most of the functions that provided the EA for the visual management of the orders lose meaning.

Obviously there are some advantages as the hidden stop and profit (important for those who do not use ECN brokers), hidden pending orders, the new merge function of pending orders, that are going to have to keep doing by EA.

So I ask you (and others with interest) if you want to continue moving forward with this. I still have some more tests to be done and then make the manuals and screenshots... maybe for this weekend it can upload.

Regards, Bernardo.
Click to Enlarge

Name: new version.png
Size: 133 KB

Pippicidal May 13, 2013 10:19am | Post# 16

This looks like a great tool. I'm still interested. I don't trade live with MT4 yet (I use Oanda's platform for live trading) but the idea of hidden stops etc sounds really good.

MrTD Jun 20, 2014 4:52pm | Post# 17

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Kosmo,
Please find attached script modified to your requested settings...

Best regards,
MrTD
UdinesOpenSELLStopOrder20.ex4
UdinesOpenBUYStopOrder20.ex4

© Forex Factory