Forex Factory (http://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (http://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Geppy's Geppy Thread (GBP/JPY) (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=407274)

BobGnarly Feb 26, 2013 8:25pm | Post# 961

Still long term uptrend, but as I said earlier more room yet to go down, there is a point I have on my chart that would almost void the uptrend, but who knows

Geppy Feb 26, 2013 8:27pm | Post# 962

Took some off earlier on the spike up, I hate seeing profits go away :/ Stops to BE now, will reload longs once there is a test of some support down below.... Good shorts gep!!
Thank you, sir. But you know me... holding on to them like a stubborn asshole

BobGnarly Feb 26, 2013 8:28pm | Post# 963

Let the winners run bro, you know what to do hahah.. I am making back some pips on my mini account with some shorts sidelines on the main account until I see a place to reload.

whatever007 Feb 26, 2013 8:33pm | Post# 964

You got a plan and you are on a roll right now. Appreciate you, Bob, and other posting how you work into these trades. Good learning for some of us with less experience.

Geppy Feb 26, 2013 8:35pm | Post# 965

You got a plan and you are on a roll right now. Appreciate you, Bob, and other posting how you work into these trades. Good learning for some of us with less experience.
Thanks man. I'm greatly enjoying the thread as a whole. There haven't been many ass-hats (knock on wood) and when there's nothing going, nobody gets in the habit of polluting with garbage (e.g. stupid YouTube videos, etc.) We've got a good thing going in here, let's keep it up!

ready12799 Feb 26, 2013 8:41pm | Post# 966

I'll have to second that. just switched from eurusd and audusd threads. i think i'll learn alot more here.

Geppy Feb 26, 2013 8:46pm | Post# 967

Just sold a little bit at 138.70

I'm in pyramid mode!

Geppy Feb 26, 2013 8:47pm | Post# 968

I'll have to second that. just switched from eurusd and audusd threads. i think i'll learn alot more here.
Uh oh, the Geppy thread is poaching folks.

I like it!

Geppy Feb 26, 2013 9:01pm | Post# 969

Just sold a little bit at 138.70

I'm in pyramid mode!
only took 1 pip of heat... not bad, not bad at all

BobGnarly Feb 26, 2013 9:11pm | Post# 970

1 Attachment(s)
Well walked away from my longs with profit, following the trend for now.... even got in at an okay price
Click to Enlarge

Name: gj entry.png
Size: 49 KB

Geppy Feb 26, 2013 9:14pm | Post# 971

Well walked away from my longs with profit, following the trend for now.... even got in at an okay price
Following the trend? Does that mean you're joining the party?

BobGnarly Feb 26, 2013 9:15pm | Post# 972

Following the trend? Does that mean you're joining the party?

I took some off at 45, I will be in and out of the party, but still making some pips

BobGnarly Feb 26, 2013 9:17pm | Post# 973

Make em up and down, wish I had a massive account to fit my Long term strategies, Which is how I operate my investment portfolio... Find a spot on the monthly , make trade, check back in a few weeks/ months... FX market is a beast, but can be tamed

Geppy Feb 26, 2013 9:22pm | Post# 974

Make em up and down, wish I had a massive account to fit my Long term strategies, Which is how I operate my investment portfolio... Find a spot on the monthly , make trade, check back in a few weeks/ months... FX market is a beast, but can be tamed
Yeah, that's nice too. But you can make a lot more money if you can master getting in and out every few hundred pips.

BobGnarly Feb 26, 2013 9:28pm | Post# 975

Yeah, that's nice too. But you can make a lot more money if you can master getting in and out every few hundred pips.

Short term never fit my psychy, very laid back person.. Dont like all the up and down bs.. But mastering it now and growing my account to be able to make my long term trades will be very nice

Fx3423454 Feb 26, 2013 9:34pm | Post# 976

Yeah, I didn't really want to say anything when you put it on... but if you were planning to go long, I'd have definitely waited for a pullback (like this one).

On the other hand, I don't think you should be going long at all

Stop flip-flopping on us, bro. The immediate trend is down for now.
You're definitely right --- the trend is your friend.

I should only be taking short signals right now.

It's also half the work.

I'll just be taking short signals on the M15 from here on out.

Geppy Feb 26, 2013 9:40pm | Post# 977

Short term never fit my psychy, very laid back person.. Dont like all the up and down bs.. But mastering it now and growing my account to be able to make my long term trades will be very nice
I hate the short-term. I prefer the medium-term.

I could never be a scalper... you have to be in front of the monitor to make money. That sucks.

But I like trading in general so I don't always want to set and forget it. That's why I prefer the medium term. I believe in being able to walk away from the monitors and know your positions are working for you. Hence my term "lifestyle trader".

BobGnarly Feb 26, 2013 9:44pm | Post# 978

I could never be a scalper... you have to be in front of the monitor to make money. That sucks.

But I like trading in general so I don't always want to set and forget it. That's why I prefer the medium term. I believe in being able to walk away from the monitors and know your positions are working for you. Hence my term "lifestyle trader".

Yea I don't want to be bothered looking at a monitor for hours.. I will reach my goal soon so no worries

Fx3423454 Feb 26, 2013 9:51pm | Post# 979

I like taking signals off the H4 charts but the M15 is where it's at.

You can leverage more and place your stops a lot tighter.

But, we all need to sleep of course. lol

100PipsADay Feb 26, 2013 9:58pm | Post# 980

Would you consider yourself more of a Swing Trader then?

I trade using D1 chart but entries are typically made off of the H1 chart. Positions are held anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Definitely a Swing Trader at the core...

**Anybody in and out of trades (on average) in minutes or even hours would probably be considered a Scalper or a Day Trader.

© Forex Factory