Forex Factory (http://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (http://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   HistoBollinger (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=395526)

aahmad29 Nov 16, 2012 1:23am | Post# 1

4 Attachment(s)
Note: have started new discussion to identify the strategy to earn 3 to 5 pips. I will keep posting screenshots and will help in answering the questions of new traders. You can find the post on page 17.

Welcome to our HistoBollinger thread. We will use very common indicator with some modifications. HistoBollinger is very easy to use. HistoBollinger minimize the risk so that you will have more positive results. I do not want to add any other indicators but if you want to use it for your satisfaction then you are welcome but do not ask me to add indicators in this thread.

Note: First try on Demo account.

Time Frame :H1

Note: Please change the Period of FS30_Histogram from 10 to 9. Updated Dec 14, 2012

Short Entry:

1. When value of Fisher and FS30_Histogram (Period = 9) turns less than zero and SSL bar is red after closing the candle .

Exit Strategy:

Close the trade when FS30_Histogram value turns into positive value.

Long Entry:

1. When value of Fisher and FS30_Histogram (Period = 9) turns greater than zero and SSL bar is green after closing the candle .

1. Exit Strategy:

2. Close the trade when FS30_Histogram value turns into negative value.

Note: Use H1 time frame and make sure that SSL indicator has H4 in the title of indicator.

Thanks to RoyPK and EasyRyder for providing template and indicators. I liked the template and Fisher indicator of RoyPK and indicator of EasyRyder but still i have added histogram. All three indicators should match before entry.

Histogram indicator and Template file is attached.

When to use:Use this this system during EU and US session
When Not to use:Be careful before any important (Red Report in Forexfactory.com) report is released.

Many traders visited this thread and some of them worried about repainting of indicator. I want to say that if you involve some risk then you have higher win but there are many new traders and they have focus to have positive result in the beginning. So for new traders i brought update (SSL Bar H4).

Ignore Post#2
Click to Enlarge

Name: BuyAndSell.JPG
Size: 76 KB
aahmad29 HB Strategy.rar
histobollinger2.tpl
#FS30_Histogram.ex4

aahmad29 Nov 16, 2012 1:27am | Post# 2

2 Attachment(s)
Histogram indicator and Template file is attached.

When to use:Use this this system during EU and US session
When Not to use:Be careful before any important (Red Report in Forexfactory.com) report is released.

Note: When histogram value turns into positive/negative value, wait until candle close. Sometimes Bar already touch the opposite band before histogram value turns into negative/positive value then in that case do not place order.

Many traders visited this thread and some of them worried about repainting of indicator. I want to say that if you involve some risk then you have higher win but there are many new traders and they have focus to have positive result in the beginning. So for new traders i am bringing update.

Update:

One histogram is attached but you have to use two histograms. Change the settings of second histogram.
1) First histogram, Period = 10
2) Second Histogram, Period = 25

When both histograms value turn into negative/positive value then place order.

You can set take profit as next support/resistance line or you can exit the system if first histogram value turns into negative/positive value.
histobollinger.tpl
#FS30_Histogram.ex4

jako2 Nov 16, 2012 2:00am | Post# 3

It should be an indicator to add alerts.

aahmad29 Nov 16, 2012 2:02am | Post# 4

It should be an indicator to add alerts.

You are right but i am not programmer so you have to do it manually.

chye Nov 16, 2012 2:07am | Post# 5

hi aahmad29,
your strategy seems have high win rate,i will test more later.
How long have you used this indicator and which pairs do you trade?

Thanks

chye

A-Grace Nov 16, 2012 2:44am | Post# 6

Well done! This system is very simple! I love it!

aahmad29 Nov 16, 2012 2:46am | Post# 7

hi aahmad29,
your strategy seems have high win rate,i will test more later.
How long have you used this indicator and which pairs do you trade?

Thanks

chye
I am using this indicator for more than two years on EUR/USD pair because mostly spread is less than 2.5.

If you want to play more safe then you can set take profit as Upper/Lower band.

hollandpippin Nov 16, 2012 2:48am | Post# 8

But how do u deal with the repainting-part of the indicator?

orionfx Nov 16, 2012 2:55am | Post# 9

I think the indicator repaint.

aahmad29 Nov 16, 2012 2:56am | Post# 10

But how do u deal with the repainting-part of the indicator?
First of all, there is no arrow or any other symbol which repaint. I never said that this system is 100% accurate and give you 100% positive result. There is no such trading system which can give you 100% positive results. It is very simple that when price touch the upper/lower band then you have to wait until value of histogram turn into positive/negative value. You can set take profit as upper/lower band according to your long/short entry. I am using this sytem on H1 time frame and when value of histogram turns into poistive/negative value then wait for candle close.

Important : Test this indicator on Demo account and if you are satisfied then use it.

FastForex Nov 16, 2012 3:30am | Post# 11

First of all, there is no arrow or any other symbol which repaint.
So you mean the histogram doesn't repaint? I thought it was a variation of the solar wind indicator which repaints badly.

aahmad29 Nov 16, 2012 3:49am | Post# 12

So you mean the histogram doesn't repaint? I thought it was a variation of the solar wind indicator which repaints badly.
FIRST of all thanks to you that you visited this thread. You are experienced trader.Yes sometimes this indicator repaints but if you follow the all instructions then success rate will be higher. I know that some traders are new to this industry and i have to give them indicator with higher win rate. I am working on making some changes and i will provide these updates very soon.

chye Nov 16, 2012 3:51am | Post# 13

FIRST of all thanks to you that you visited this thread. You are experienced trader.Yes sometimes this indicator repaints but if you follow the all instructions then success rate will be higher. I know that some traders are new to this industry and i have to give them indicator with higher win rate. I am working on making some changes and i will provide these updates very soon.
Thanks for your effort anyway,bro,and i'll look forward to your updates.

FastForex Nov 16, 2012 3:53am | Post# 14

Repainting indicators can be useful for extra confirmation but are dangerous as stand alone indicators especially for less experienced traders. Looking forward to the updates.

fdoehpp Nov 16, 2012 4:31am | Post# 15

thanks for sharing,
it does repaint at least 2 or 3 candle before. But bollinger use as filter.. somehow if wait for 3rd or 4th candle to close it seem not repaint..
from backtest it has good performance...thanks again..

aahmad29 Nov 16, 2012 4:41am | Post# 16

Repainting indicators can be useful for extra confirmation but are dangerous as stand alone indicators especially for less experienced traders. Looking forward to the updates.
If you have any suggestions so that indicator do not repaint, you are welcome

fdoehpp Nov 16, 2012 4:42am | Post# 17

1 Attachment(s)
hi,
Enter at close of red line (where histogram turn red). it is ok to enter if PA already touch the lower bollinger?
thanks.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 3.gif
Size: 13 KB

aahmad29 Nov 16, 2012 4:42am | Post# 18

thanks for sharing,
it does repaint at least 2 or 3 candle before. But bollinger use as filter.. somehow if wait for 3rd or 4th candle to close it seem not repaint..
from backtest it has good performance...thanks again..

kristjantelve Nov 16, 2012 5:17am | Post# 19

Maybe you can find answer to you question from here: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...28#post6182828

Regards

Kristjan

aahmad29 Nov 16, 2012 5:21am | Post# 20

Maybe you can find answer to you question from here: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...28#post6182828

Regards

Kristjan
I have posted updates and if you follow the instructions then it won't repaint and you will have highest win rate.

© Forex Factory