Forex Factory (http://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (http://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Better SuperTrend Indicators (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=329399)

Xaphod Dec 3, 2011 9:41am | Post# 1

Better SuperTrend Indicators

9 Attachment(s)
Better than what? Well, just better than one indicator that was being used on some threads here on ff that was not very well written. There are probably others out there that are fine. There are also other 'supertrend' indicators that are based on different formulas.

Supertrend Formula Copyright ŠUnknown. Someone on the Internets.

Supertrend Formula:
UpperLevel=(High+Low)/2+Multiplier*Atr(Period);
LowerLevel=(High+Low)/2-Multiplier*Atr(Period);

Current Time-frame version

1. Do not repaint closed bars.
  2. Normal MT4 indicator performance.
    Ie. only redraws the bars MT4 indicates have changed.
  3. Draws the indicator on the full chart history without a performance penalty.

Multi Time-frame version

1. No external indicator required.
  2. You may need to refresh the indicator after MT4 starts up and downloads missing data as iCustom does not report such events.
  3. All bars on the chart associated with a higher time-frame bar that is open will continue to update with the current status of the higher time-frame supertrend until that bar closes. If you do not understand this, you should probably not be using the indicator.

Supertrend alerts:

1. Requires that xSuperTrend.ex4 is installed inorder to work.
  2. Optional popup and email alerts.
  3. Option to alert on open bars or only when the current bars closes.

xSuperTrend Candles.mq4
xSuperTrend.mq4
Click to Enlarge

Name: xSuperTrend.png
Size: 22 KB
xSuperTrend Tape.mq4
xSuperTrend MTF.mq4
xSuperTrend Tape MTF.mq4
xSuperTrend Alert.mq4
TF-Slicer.mq4
xSuperTrend b600+.zip

ctran Dec 4, 2011 3:59am | Post# 2

xFratelli-Signals v0.99.1.ex4

Hi,
I was using your indicator with these super Indicators. My laptop crashed.

I am asking you a favor to send me the file xFratelli-Signals v0.99.1.ex4.
I went there, it seems deleted for whatever reason. Please help

Chris

Xaphod Dec 4, 2011 7:42am | Post# 3

An updated version has been posted. That is the last version that will be released. Get it from the thread you got the previous indicator from: xFSignals v1.00.

ctran Dec 4, 2011 3:46pm | Post# 4

thanks.

Thanks for sharing the indi again.

I have a question. Can I simply use this xFSignals indi w/o loading fratelli indi's? My Mt4 has issues with slow speeds.

I plan to use your supertrend indis and xFSignals. I hope that will work similar to Fratelli.

Xaphod Dec 5, 2011 12:13am | Post# 5

Thanks for sharing the indi again.

I have a question. Can I simply use this xFSignals indi w/o loading fratelli indi's? My Mt4 has issues with slow speeds.

I plan to use your supertrend indis and xFSignals. I hope that will work similar to Fratelli.
The indicator does not depend on any other external indicators. You will have to set the input parameters a per your requirements. You will have to try it out yourself and verify that it produces the signals you want.

shahrooz67 Dec 17, 2011 5:38pm | Post# 6

just thanks

Better Supertrend Indicators:

1. Do not repaint closed bars.

thx man for sharing

Xaphod Dec 30, 2011 6:28am | Post# 7

Updates

Updates:

1. Updated the SuperTrend MTF indicator. No longer requires xSuperTrend.
  2. Added a SuperTrend MTF tape indicator.
  3. Added a SuperTrend Alert indicator.

See first post for more info.

ctran Jan 7, 2012 7:56am | Post# 8

thanks

Thanks for the updates. Happy New Year

hanover Jan 8, 2012 2:42am | Post# 9

Xaphod, many thanks for sharing.

Best wishes for 2012,
David

qqsamudra Jan 8, 2012 5:44am | Post# 10

Amazing

1 Attachment(s)
The indicator does not depend on any other external indicators. You will have to set the input parameters a per your requirements. You will have to try it out yourself and verify that it produces the signals you want.
Thank's For Sharing It's awesome, I combine it, it' look like the cloud (on Ichimoku ) as the breakout area and main trend..Thank You So Much For this indicator..Xaphod..success For You..

Regard..
Click to Enlarge

Name: sp.gif
Size: 26 KB

emmanuel7788 Jan 8, 2012 7:25am | Post# 11

Super programmin ! Xaphod

Updates:

Hi Xaphod,
some super programming you did. Thank you for sharing.
Awesome!

ET

Xaphod Jan 9, 2012 5:04am | Post# 12

Xaphod, many thanks for sharing.

Best wishes for 2012,
David
Thanks David! Your plot news indicator with over 39100 downloads gives us all something to aspire to.

Have an awesome year!

Xaphod Jan 9, 2012 5:08am | Post# 13

Member aka ET

@ctran
@qqsamudra
@emmanuel7788
@shahrooz67r

You are welcome. Good luck with your trading.

qqsamudra Jan 17, 2012 11:02pm | Post# 14

Template

1 Attachment(s)
I love to watch My template with this super trend indicators..
Click to Enlarge

Name: sp.gif
Size: 44 KB

qqsamudra Jan 18, 2012 8:52am | Post# 15

Great as the breakout and Trend detectors

2 Attachment(s)
Updates:

Xaphod, I keep watching every single breakout area, from every single lines, working nice on smallest TF, and awesome to read the trend on the biggest TF also, i put several lines as my dev breakout, so i can scalp/intraday also or hold my positions.

Keep this thread Up Bro,...It's Useful

Regard

Qqsamudra
Click to Enlarge

Name: sp_2.gif
Size: 57 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: m1.gif
Size: 24 KB

jusiur Apr 9, 2012 6:42pm | Post# 16

could I ask if it´s possible add an "ebln TrueMode" function in xSuperTrendTape MTF for Backtesting purposes?
Thanks in advance.

pdt777 Jun 9, 2012 3:29am | Post# 17

Please help me with alert

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone

Please help me to create an alert (popup with sound as well as email alert) for xSuperTrend MTF.

Thank you very much

Happy trading
pdt777
xSuperTrend MTF.mq4

jako2 Jun 14, 2012 4:50am | Post# 18

Hi Everyone

Please help me to create an alert (popup with sound as well as email alert) for xSuperTrend MTF.

Thank you very much

Happy trading
pdt777
I also added. Alert disagrees with the curve.

seekers Jun 14, 2012 7:59am | Post# 19

It has been done here : http://www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader-...tml#post441720

Hi Everyone

Thank you very much

Happy trading
pdt777

forexsaint Jun 14, 2012 8:19am | Post# 20

Good stuff

Good share XAPHOD

Looks good on higher TF's.
(Given the fact, some months back, i needed a trend based indi and never heard about it...)
So before/after others how EA's and systems are floating based, mainly, on this? Anyone?

Regards

Demos4x Jun 16, 2012 4:19pm | Post# 21

Xaphod

Thank you very much Xaphod for your work and your share.

Xaphod, I keep watching every single breakout area, from every single lines, working nice on smallest TF, and awesome to read the trend on the biggest TF also, i put several lines as my dev breakout, so i can scalp/intraday also or hold my positions.

Regard

Qqsamudra
Can upload your pivots indicator and/or your template, I liked how do you used the trend indicator to create a cloud.

ctran Jun 23, 2012 1:07am | Post# 22

help please

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Xaphod,
can you please help?

I am looking to modify this indicator to show the previous days pivots also for 30days. It only shows the current date. can you please modify?

thanks for the help

chris
fibopivot daily.mq4

Xaphod Jun 27, 2012 9:49am | Post# 23

Hi Xaphod,
can you please help?

I am looking to modify this indicator to show the previous days pivots also for 30days. It only shows the current date. can you please modify?
Sorry, I do not have the time. Have you tried searching for another pivot indicator that does what you want? There are many floating around.

mohdfardli Aug 24, 2012 8:37am | Post# 24

1 Attachment(s)
thank xaphod is good indicator easy to anderstand
Click to Enlarge

Name: new.jpg
Size: 145 KB

cuongcali Sep 1, 2012 1:13pm | Post# 25

thank xaphod is good indicator easy to anderstand
Can you share your template many tks !

fxnine Dec 1, 2012 2:47am | Post# 26

I got a chance to try this out to trade Gold on 1 hr chart. The results are remarkable. Thanks alot Xaphod for sharing it!!

Andy B Dec 2, 2012 8:21pm | Post# 27

A quick question on the xSuperTrend Tape MTF indicator, the display appears to remain unchanged regardless of the timeframe settings, is it fixed at the 1H timeframe?

Xaphod Dec 2, 2012 8:34pm | Post# 28

A quick question on the xSuperTrend Tape MTF indicator, the display appears to remain unchanged regardless of the timeframe settings, is it fixed at the 1H timeframe?
Inserted Code
// Indicator parameters

// SuperTrend Timeframe
extern int    SuperTrend.TimeFrame=0;    

// Select next higher TF. If TF=M15 then H1 is selected
extern bool   SuperTrend.AutoTF=True;

Andy B Dec 2, 2012 8:37pm | Post# 29

Inserted Code
// Indicator parameters
extern int    SuperTrend.TimeFrame=0;    // SuperTrend Timeframe
extern bool   SuperTrend.AutoTF=True;    // Select next higher TF. If TF=M15 then H1 is selected
I just realised when I changed TF that it automatically selects the next highest TF, thanks of the confirmation Xaphod

Am I correct in thinking that there is no repainting of the indicator, other than the standard MTF issue where the 1H indicator on a 15M TF may "repaint" up to 4 bars back?

Xaphod Dec 2, 2012 8:42pm | Post# 30

I just realised when I changed TF that it automatically selects the next highest TF, thanks of the confirmation Xaphod

Am I correct in thinking that there is no repainting of the indicator, other than the standard MTF issue where the 1H indicator on a 15M TF may "repaint" up to 4 bars back?
From the first post:
Current Time-frame version

1. Does not repaint closed bars.

Multi Time-frame version

1. No external indicator required.
  2. You may need to refresh the indicator after MT4 starts up and downloads missing data as iCustom does not report such events.
  3. All bars on the chart associated with a higher time-frame bar that is open will continue to update with the current status of the higher time-frame supertrend until that bar closes. If you do not understand this, you should probably not be using the indicator.

Andy B Dec 2, 2012 8:48pm | Post# 31

From the first post:
Apologies for missing this, I first read the thread a few days ago, thank you for the confirmation

Andy

rayphua Jan 21, 2013 6:09am | Post# 32

Regard

Qqsamudra
Hi Qqsamudra,

Nice template. Are those all Supertrend lines in the main chart? What about the indicator at the botom, what is that?

Zediascexia Jan 24, 2013 4:46am | Post# 33

Absolutely with you it agree. I like this idea, I completely with you agree.

Jonathan2FI Jan 29, 2013 9:03am | Post# 34

Xaphod,
Excellent indi on Daily with trading on H4. Getting great results combining
with RSI to pick up retracements.
Does not have the elegance of TMA Slope which combines strength and direction
.....however it does not repaint and is dam reliable.

Cheers
Jonathan2FI

ps the name does not do it any favours unless it is there to attract flies.
what about "turboXtrendpipmonster" .........just kidding beneath the name is a serious indi.
Thanks again

Xaphod Feb 11, 2013 3:45am | Post# 35

Xaphod,
Excellent indi on Daily with trading on H4. Getting great results combining
with RSI to pick up retracements.
Does not have the elegance of TMA Slope which combines strength and direction
.....however it does not repaint and is dam reliable.

Cheers
Jonathan2FI

ps the name does not do it any favours unless it is there to attract flies.
what about "turboXtrendpipmonster" .........just kidding beneath the name is a serious indi.
Thanks again
Jonathan,
Thanks for posting and for letting us know how you are successfully using the indicator. It is nice to know the indicator is being put to good use.

The original creator of the indicator is responsible for the name. Probably Jason Robinson (jnrtrading). I just wrote a version for MT4. It works similarly to the LevelStop-Reverse and PriceChannel Stop indicators. Ie. Calculate a level above/below the candles and switch levels when a candle closes above/below the level.

rayphua Feb 11, 2013 3:47am | Post# 36

Hey Xaphod, was wondering if you can come up with a 4tf version of SuperTrendX?

Xaphod Feb 11, 2013 4:41pm | Post# 37

Hey Xaphod, was wondering if you can come up with a 4tf version of SuperTrendX?
Maybe. For now, you can use multiple instances of the 'xSuperTrend Tape MTF' to create a 4tf matrix.

rayphua Feb 13, 2013 12:29am | Post# 38

Maybe. For now, you can use multiple instances of the 'xSuperTrend Tape MTF' to create a 4tf matrix.
I hope you would, and I'm looking forward to it!

friend4you Jul 11, 2013 5:47am | Post# 39

Hi!

Great indi!
You should scroll back the charts and look, which settings fit best even to smaller timeframes. Which settings (multiplier, bars period) do you use?

Is it possible, maybe to speed up performance and no need to change settings twice on each indicator setting window, to add the alert settings to the standard supertrend indicator or change xSuperTrend Alert.mq4 so that it draws the lines on chart like the other indicators does?

Yes, it has nothing to do with the other supertrend indi, which uses CCI and ATR levels.

Xaphod Jul 12, 2013 4:58am | Post# 40

Hi! Great indi! You should scroll back the charts and look, which settings fit best even to smaller timeframes.
Sorry, don't quite understand. Lost in translation?

Which settings (multiplier, bars period) do you use?
There are no universal settings. The settings will depend on your pair, timeframe, trading system etc. I'm not current using this indicator.

Is it possible, maybe to speed up performance and no need to change settings twice on each indicator setting window, to add the alert settings to the standard supertrend indicator or change xSuperTrend Alert.mq4 so that it draws the lines on chart like the other indicators does?
Performance should not be an issue with this indicator as it only does basic calculations on the updated bars. I tried to write a generic set of indicators that could be combined to suit many use cases. It is however difficult to satisfy everyones specific wants.

© Forex Factory