Forex Factory (http://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (http://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   The Really Useless Thread (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=310676)

Venice Aug 21, 2011 10:12pm | Post# 61

Loverly!

Oi V...I'm trying to edit the third post in this thread to include some info, but...there is no "Edit" button visible...just "Quote." Posts 2, 3 and 4 are all the same. Post 1 has Edit...and every other post of mine in the thread does, too.

Ever seen this phenomenon?
Vbulletin has multiple configuration options in terms of permissions when dealing with editing posts.

Some of these options include
- time starter of a thread is allowed to edit original post
- time a poster can edit replies in a thread

I would venture to say that they have unlimited set for #1, and a time limit on #2 (replies to a thread). It just appears to be over a time frame larger then a few days. I can still edit my original post in this thread, but if I go back far enough in my post history, I run into ones that can't be edited.

You may have to send a shoutout to twee to see if you can get some enhanced permissions on this thread. When I worked with vbulletin, permissions were not granular down to a specific user (they were role based), but it has evolved quite a bit in the last 5 years... who knows.

attila Aug 21, 2011 10:12pm | Post# 62

Loverly!

Oi V...I'm trying to edit the third post in this thread to include some info, but...there is no "Edit" button visible...just "Quote." Posts 2, 3 and 4 are all the same. Post 1 has Edit...and every other post of mine in the thread does, too.

Ever seen this phenomenon?
Yeah, I think edit expires after a while.

Venice Aug 21, 2011 10:23pm | Post# 63

Sam Adams... Octoberfest... back on the shelves! My absolute fav!!

kenfen69 Aug 21, 2011 10:25pm | Post# 64

Vbulletin has multiple configuration options in terms of permissions when dealing with editing posts.

Some of these options include
- time starter of a thread is allowed to edit original post
- time a poster can edit replies in a thread

I would venture to say that they have unlimited set for #1, and a time limit on #2 (replies to a thread). It just appears to be over a time frame larger then a few days. I can still edit my original post in this thread, but if I go back far enough in my post history, I run into ones that can't be edited.

You...

Yeah, I think edit expires after a while.
Bollocks...looks like >24 hours locks it. Pain in the butt. Would have made it if the power didn't go out today! Would just like to delete 3 & 4 if I can't edit them...can't do that either, though. Hmmmmmmm...

Anyone else to bug other than Twee? Hate to take his time over something so silly. Know of an "admin" address, or something similar..."tech" maybe?

kenfen69 Aug 21, 2011 10:26pm | Post# 65

Sam Adams... Octoberfest... back on the shelves! My absolute fav!!
Oooooooh...good brew!

Pretty chilly in Toronto tonight. Haven't been able to say that in a while.

Venice Aug 21, 2011 10:28pm | Post# 66

Oooooooh...good brew!

Pretty chilly in Toronto tonight. Haven't been able to say that in a while.
Same here! Well... i'm sure a bit cooler for you... it's 75 outside right now... and very welcome! Have all the windows in the house opened, letting that wonderful breeze blow through!

kenfen69 Aug 21, 2011 10:30pm | Post# 67

Same here! Well... i'm sure a bit cooler for you... it's 75 outside right now... and very welcome! Have all the windows in the house opened, letting that wonderful breeze blow through!
Yeah...around 63 here...if my math is correct.

Chilly.

Venice Aug 21, 2011 10:34pm | Post# 68

Yeah...around 63 here...if my math is correct.

Chilly.
lolz... thats right in my comfort zone... 55-65 is my preferred temps... don't like heat much, to tell you the truth.

Never had it checked out by docs or anything, but my body operates at a slightly higher then average temperature.

70+ degrees and a bit of a walk and I'll have sweat running down me! hehe...

It's kind of cool during the winter though... because I really don't start to get bothered by the cold until around 10-20* F or so... other then that, it just feels cool or cold... but I mind it none...

Works both ways with the ladies too... they say I feel like I am constantly radiating heat... great for cuddle time in teh winter, not so much in the summer! lol...

kenfen69 Aug 21, 2011 10:38pm | Post# 69

lolz... thats right in my comfort zone... 55-65 is my preferred temps... don't like heat much, to tell you the truth.

It's kind of cool during the winter though... because I really don't start to get bothered by the cold until around 10-20* F or so... other then that, it just feels cool or cold... but I mind it none...

Works both ways with the ladies too... they say I feel like I am constantly radiating heat... great for cuddle time in teh winter, not so much in the summer! lol...
Uh...ditto!

Sent a mail to "technical feedback" BTW...will see what happens.

kenfen69 Aug 21, 2011 10:58pm | Post# 70

Feckin Heck, looks like I may have found a new temporary home here.

Will come see you feckers in the morning. Watch 4342 here this eve.

A thread where I can actually use the F-word, what else could a guy wish for.......
A-ha...thanks for sticking your head in, mate!

All dirty words are safe here...had you in mind! We'll see how it goes...maybe we'll get a nice flow going.

All the best, clogs.

kenfen69 Aug 21, 2011 11:00pm | Post# 71

Good evening traders
Awesome thread ken
Chicken!

Nice to see you! Power was out earlier...will hook up with you soon.

Hope you're well...and your beads are safe!

OldQuant Aug 21, 2011 11:05pm | Post# 72

So I got back, grumpy as hell, took a look at the E/U thread, thought my head was going to explode, went back, and found this. So I'm going to write this here, because it would be a waste of time over there.

Watch the Fed swap line funding in the next couple days. Two reasons for this. The first is because there looks to be some serious counterparty preclusions going on; otherwise, the short end of the swap curve wouldn't look like it does in this FT blog entry of Friday. The second is that that just might be the way the Fed gets QE done under the radar.

Also, there's rumors/speculation that Commerzbank is capital impaired. That would mean nobody's Credit Officer is going to take their swap or repo trades, and then somebody's going to have to bail them out by taking down some capital. Again.

Congratulations on the tread, Ken.

I'm tired and turning in early.

Venice Aug 21, 2011 11:08pm | Post# 73

Uh...ditto!

Sent a mail to "technical feedback" BTW...will see what happens.
You know what the worst is about these long term plays?

Watching the smaller time frames... and knowing exactly where a heavy bounce is going to take place.

If I was scalping, i'd done have my Aussie closed out for a solid 28 pips. Twice. lol.

Now it has to make it through this new level. Oi... kills me at times... lol.

The more and more efficient I get at the lower time frames... makes me wonder why I even attempt swing trading anymore... haha...

That, and it's starting to feel like swing trading is no longer trading... but more so predictions... and well, we know those are always right 50% of the time.

To much fundamental crap going on to really let the techs work out what they need to do. Hrm...

kenfen69 Aug 21, 2011 11:31pm | Post# 74

So I got back, grumpy as hell, took a look at the E/U thread, thought my head was going to explode, went back, and found this. So I'm going to write this here, because it would be a waste of time over there.

Watch the Fed swap line funding in the next couple days. Two reasons for this. The first is because there looks to be some serious counterparty preclusions going on; otherwise, the short end of the swap curve wouldn't look like it does in this [url="http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2011/08/19/658041/basis-swaps-and-beer/"]FT blog entry...
Ah...Q...was hoping you would be along!

Thanks a lot for the heads up. Will be interesting to see if if there is QE-ish behavior going on. Some say it is inevitable at this point...but how far under the radar does it go?

And Commerzbank. I'm starting to hear of quite a few Zombie banks now. If the dominoes start falling, it could happen quick.

Hope you got some heat relief this weekend. Catch you soon.

kenfen69 Aug 21, 2011 11:43pm | Post# 75

The more and more efficient I get at the lower time frames... makes me wonder why I even attempt swing trading anymore... haha...

That, and it's starting to feel like swing trading is no longer trading... but more so predictions... and well, we know those are always right 50% of the time.

To much fundamental crap going on to really let the techs work out what they need to do. Hrm...
I hear you, brother. I still have some shorts on EU from the 48's, but have given up caring about them. Nothing large anyway. They can fall south, or stop at BE. Haven't been doing much of late on my longer-term account at all. It all just seems crazy these days. Wouldn't be surprised to hit 1.60 then 1.20 within a couple of months...or vice versa.

© Forex Factory