Forex Factory (http://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (http://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   The Really Useless Thread (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=310676)

kenfen69 Aug 21, 2011 12:12am | Post# 16

No dancing it's raining hard tonight )
Never danced in the rain?

After your tale below, I have a hard time believing that, sofia!?!

I'm the same...dancing is more "memorable" these days...not like when I was younger and just flailing my arms in the air to any shitty tune, on any given night of the week! Guess I'm getting older...not OLD...just...older...and more selective.

so I guess I have time to tell my story) I don't even know where to begin ... Ok I was in my own business(3 years after coming from Russia with 8 dollars to my name) ,and friend of mine told me to buy XXX stock ,I had the money ,did not know anything about stock market ,just recently emigrated from Russia ,to make long story short ,my investment went to 0 ,witch made me really mad .I started reading everything I could about the market and 2 years latter got my series 7 license . I did not wanted to work for any brokerage,because of my free spirit...
You stick exactly to that, my friend...what a way to get rolling! Hard lessons are good lessons! I remember saying to my Dad one time in my early 20's: I don't mind falling on my face and having to get back up again. He was "stupefied!" He thought I was being my "typical smart-arsed" self. I gave him two examples of how I had done just that, in my early "professional" career, and how I wouldn't have benefited from them unless I fell completely flat on my face...read: FAIL! Get up...dust myself off...remember the feeling...and make sure it didn't happen again. He was then "gob-smacked!"

We had our own learning-curves. No two people travel the same paths...even if you're "blood"!

BTW...we don't really get along that well. Mammy is where my soul came from. Papa...where I don't want it to wind up! Life is too short.

kenfen69 Aug 21, 2011 12:58am | Post# 17

1 Attachment(s)
So how do YOU see the market? It would be nice to get it going. I would do it first but I'm telling you, my charts are the ugliest thing you've ever seen. I would like to first get a sense of where this thread will settle.
My brother...I probably jumped the gun a little bit by not having my meat and potatoes ready to roll at the same time of thread creation. Had to put a little more thought into a couple of things than I had originally thought about. Just wanted to press "go" on the weekend, though.

This thread will settle exactly where we want it to. I predict a soft landing...and water for everyone!

OK, so here's part of it. Maybe about 40% of my system. It's the beautiful side of it all. Like I said, I'll keep the ugly sister in the hiding for a little while more.

Attachment 767821
Nice!

Check this shite out, too...

Click to Enlarge

Name: 1Hour.PNG
Size: 43 KB

I tried to get the timeframe and scale similar to yours. Those lines are drawn from an indicator that I've been tweaking. I'll post it in meat, or potatoes when they are rolling.

I "borrowed" it from somebody else (some MT4 coding legend) and have been tweaking it to my fancy for a while. One of the reasons I love it is that it draws itself on my charts at the first tick after 5pm NYC close. I don't have to think...it just does. The attached image doesn't tell the whole story, because its waiting for the next available tick...5pm EST Sunday...on the brokerr its floating on.

What is scary about it...is how accurate its levels play out over and over, historically. So...if history gets respect...does the future get some, too? Well it does from me...until proven silly. I'll explain more soon.

Great charts, my friend...dying for elaboration...and collaboration!

PS-I hope ANYBODY can download any attached files here....regardless of vouch count. If you can't...say the word somewhere.
pps- None have really been posted yet...give it a little while.

Larseg Aug 21, 2011 4:33am | Post# 18

My help, just as anyone else would have this same view, will not be giving away the *duh* moment... because even if it is spoken or told.... it probably will not sink in.

Screen time is what gets your just deserts in for these markets. It can't be bought, scammed, read, heard or any other communicative method

It worms my heart Venice, stay focused, never move the SL and accept the winnings is the next step

You are actually walking your own path, there's nothing more to it.. Just you, and the charts...

Larseg Aug 21, 2011 4:33am | Post# 19

It worms my heart Venice, stay focused, never move the SL and accept the winnings is the next step

You are actually walking your own path, there's nothing more to it.. Just you, and the charts...

That is actually the first time I have said to anyone in here, accept the winnings that is...

Monroe Aug 21, 2011 5:36am | Post# 20

kenfen! cool thread bro. Interesting story on your move into speculating in FX. I'd like to contribute later, but for now, I will share a very important part of my daily routine...

Inserted Video

kenfen69 Aug 21, 2011 5:40am | Post# 21

kenfen! cool thread bro. Interesting story on your move into speculating in FX. I'd like to contribute later, but for now, I will share a very important part of my daily routine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fXKNwo5ik8
Go on, you beauty!

If it wasn't 5:30am here...I would CRANK that!!!

Good stuff, brother...important tool you posted there!

Monroe Aug 21, 2011 5:41am | Post# 22

Go on, you beauty!

If it wasn't 5:30am here...I would CRANK that!!!

Good stuff, brother...important tool you posted there!
haha it's 5:30am here too, fek it! It's gonna be a fine day....

kenfen69 Aug 21, 2011 5:45am | Post# 23

haha it's 5:30am here too, fek it! It's gonna be a fine day....
Suns coming out, brother!

Snatch that summer before she slips away! Just getting nice now; little cooler...just right.

Rock it!

Venice Aug 21, 2011 9:41am | Post# 24

1 Attachment(s)
My brother...I probably jumped the gun a little bit by not having my meat and potatoes ready to roll at the same time of thread creation. Had to put a little more thought into a couple of things than I had originally thought about. Just wanted to press "go" on the weekend, though.

This thread will settle exactly where we want it to. I predict a soft landing...and water for everyone!

Nice!

Attachment 767834

I tried to get the timeframe and scale similar to yours. Those lines are drawn...
Post 'er up, mang! Would love to take a look at the guts!!

The way I view the market is just constant movement from demand > supply and supply > demand.

It never has to obey levels as a general rule, but, there is always a good chance of at the very least a bounce. And of course, the more hits to a zone, the more like it will move on above or below it. I only play the first hit after a newly created zone.

I actually use fractals as an automagic indicator to calculate supply and demand levels... and it gets around 90% of them. It's usually the minor zones that it misses as well (one that will more than likely create a bounce then price will continue on).
Click to Enlarge

Name: euro.gif
Size: 29 KB

attila Aug 21, 2011 9:50am | Post# 25

1 Attachment(s)
Good to have them levels there... The question now is this: Which one is going to be hit next? Will it be 4450 or down to 4321? So I need more stuff on that chart. Now I can get a little bit of a bias... I don't like stuff that can go either way. I want it to be as exact as possible.

These are 3 linear regression channels... The shorter they are, the weaker. The rules about these channels are these: 1. Should be used for EXITS, not entries. 2. Can not assume a reverse or a break at the channel edges. 3. Can assume a retrace. 4. The price may or may not make it to the other side.

How's this for nothing much useful?

Click to Enlarge

Name: eu.jpg
Size: 145 KB

Nice!

Attachment 767834

I tried to get the timeframe and scale similar to yours. Those lines...

attila Aug 21, 2011 11:18am | Post# 26

1 Attachment(s)
Moving on. So it's not good enough. I need something that would give me some sense of the range. The ugly sister I mentioned yesterday will show up now. LOL. I know, I know. Call me crazy. I will understand. Magenta is a Price Channel, white is a BB 50 and yellow is a BB 20. In general the price moves from one side of these fellows to to other with a go/no go around the middle.

Many times, when the price makes a long wick on pushing the PC usually means that's just a bounce. It will come back and continue with the original direction. There is a lot to say about these overlays. I'll leave it at that for now.

Click to Enlarge

Name: eu.jpg
Size: 182 KB

attila Aug 21, 2011 11:37am | Post# 27

1 Attachment(s)
So at this point I still don't know where is the likely top/bottom of this move. I know where the hurdles are but I am not sure which one will hold and and which one will be just a bump in the road towards the final destination. Is this move from 4450 a retrace (if so to where?) or is it a full reverse? This is a tricky question, and I'll try to answer it with more stuff. Yeap, you've seen nothing yet... I took the same chart, removed the horizontal lines, the original s/r (I'll keep those on a separate chart), and added some indis at the bottom. First panel a bunch of MAs on top of a macd, second white is DSS, yellow CCI and lime is RSI 2. Don't worry about the third, just some things I'm watching for now.

So, a top is being signaled when the CCI and the RSI hit the top of the panel TOGETHER. It doesn't mean it will turn right there, it's just a warning that we could be approaching a top on THIS time frame. DSS being flat at a top is another good indication a move the other way might start soon. The DSS will give you the smaller trend on THIS TF, while the CCI/RSI combo will give each individual up and down moves within this mini trend. The MAs+macd are self explanatory.

The way I'm using these indicators are like this: Is there more room? Did the CCI/RSI hit the panel together and which way does the DSS moves right now. A flat DSS at the top of the panel means continuation.

Click to Enlarge

Name: eu.gif
Size: 41 KB

sofia101 Aug 21, 2011 11:38am | Post# 28

1 Attachment(s)
I like long term view ,but not too long 4 hours is good for me ,so thats what I am looking at
Click to Enlarge

Name: 4h.gif
Size: 53 KB

attila Aug 21, 2011 11:53am | Post# 29

1 Attachment(s)
So, it's still not clear. Duh... LOL. If you look at the TF separately you will not be able to make heads or tails of all these. But if you look at them together, it's a different story.

Here's H4. A completely different picture of the whole enchilada. Those indicators hit the bottom and they have a lot of room up.... The price wonders around the middle of the PC because H1 (the chart before) shows a move down. Now we know, that move down is actually a retrace on H1. When that's done, H4 will push it up towards 4520 again. It needs to go touch the PC, and the BBs.

So, I'll wait for H1 to finish it's retrace towards 4350-4330, see what the price does there and if the indis will be bottomed, long towards 4520 again on H4.

PS: All subject to change of course, but this is what I see ATM.

Click to Enlarge

Name: eu.gif
Size: 38 KB

sofia101 Aug 21, 2011 12:00pm | Post# 30

So, it's still not clear. Duh... LOL. If you look at the TF separately you will not be able to make heads or tails of all these. But if you look at them together, it's a different story.

Here's H4. A completely different picture of the whole enchilada. Those indicators hit the bottom and they have a lot of room up.... The price wonders around the middle of the PC because H1 (the chart before) shows a move down. Now we know, that move down is actually a retrace on H1. When that's done, H4 will push it up towards 4520 again. It needs to go touch...
Thats why I am not making any predictions ,I always wait till market opens and not only when it opens ,but when London opens ,market will be always here ) So far PA is not clear ,lets wait

© Forex Factory