Forex Factory (http://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (http://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Relative Strength Basket Trading System (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=123284)

Kang_Gun Nov 8, 2008 6:14am | Post# 136

I used CC cos it is much more responsive to price.
This is new so I havent tested it at all.
Ea have ext variable ORDERS=2, that is a number of max opened trades!

possible trades:

GBPUSD
EURUSD
GBPJPY
GBPCHF
EURJPY
EURGBP
USDJPY
EURJPY
USDCHF
EURCHF

Regards
Yeah.. I can see, CC more sensitive..
OK, we'll see next week how this EA works.

Thank you very much,

KG

Kang_Gun Nov 8, 2008 6:40am | Post# 137

I used CC cos it is much more responsive to price.
This is new so I havent tested it at all.
Ea have ext variable ORDERS=2, that is a number of max opened trades!

possible trades:

GBPUSD
EURUSD
GBPJPY
GBPCHF
EURJPY
EURGBP
USDJPY
EURJPY
USDCHF
EURCHF

Regards
FOREXflash,

Check the pict below, i compare CC with CCFp_Experiment (there is in the first page). I will test your EA using CC and CCFp_Experiment, so i will run two EA with the same logic as your EA. the first will use CC and the second will use CCFp_experiment.

Thanks

KG

matrixebiz Nov 8, 2008 10:23am | Post# 138

Great, Thanks Matrixebiz...

I trade using H4 Time frame and waiting the confirmation from small TF (M5 to H1) but it's ok.. we will check your strategy using M30 and H1 only in this EA.

A few questions:

- Could you explain what do you mean with confirmation from H1 and M30 ? Did this EA search highest and lowest index on H4 first and then wait the confirmation from M30 & H1 to Open the trade?

Thanks

KG
Yes, when 4H opens it will check H1 and M30 and if they also agree (all three) then trades will be placed. Not necessarily Highest and Lowest but match Positives and Negatives. Do you only want it to trade the Highest and Lowest ONLY?

e.g. We get our values;
USD +200 JPY -100
NZD +45 CHF -150

So we could Buy USDJPY, Buy NZDCHF, Buy NZDJPY and Buy USDCHF are possible combos but you want to only match Highest and Lowest, So only Buy USD/CHF?

Kang_Gun Nov 8, 2008 10:56am | Post# 139

Yes, when 4H opens it will check H1 and M30 and if they also agree (all three) then trades will be placed. Not necessarily Highest and Lowest but match Positives and Negatives. Do you only want it to trade the Highest and Lowest ONLY?

e.g. We get our values;
USD +200 JPY -100
NZD +45 CHF -150

So we could Buy USDJPY, Buy NZDCHF, Buy NZDJPY and Buy USDCHF are possible combos but you want to only match Highest and Lowest, So only Buy USD/CHF?
OK.. we will test this first.. we need to focus. We'll see next week.. after that we will evaluate the EA etc....

Thanks,

KG

matrixebiz Nov 8, 2008 1:32pm | Post# 140

1 Attachment(s)
OK.. we will test this first.. we need to focus. We'll see next week.. after that we will evaluate the EA etc....

Thanks,

KG
If I make an EA that you put on 4H and verify with all the lower TimeFrames, how many minutes into the 4H bar to you want to wait for them all to agree?

EDIT: Ok here is an EA I did for testing that checks all (4H down to M1) TimeFrames and if all agree USD+ and JPY- then Buy USDJPY.
KG 4H MTF EA.ex4

Lenoxer Nov 8, 2008 2:45pm | Post# 141

Observation

Dear Thread,

Has anybody considered taking X-over/unders of the RS currency lines? It appears on the original basket trading indicator that once currency lines cross they continue to
diverge for a tradeable while.

Lenoxer

Kang_Gun Nov 8, 2008 6:13pm | Post# 142

If I make an EA that you put on 4H and verify with all the lower TimeFrames, how many minutes into the 4H bar to you want to wait for them all to agree?

EDIT: Ok here is an EA I did for testing that checks all (4H down to M1) TimeFrames and if all agree USD+ and JPY- then Buy USDJPY.
WOW.. very fast. Thank you matrixebiz.
So, this ea immediatly will open a trade when the conditions is match?
If yes... cool we'll test it too next week.

Have you code Formula_2 MTF inside this EA or we still need Formula_2 MTF indicator?

Hei... it's sunday ... take a rest and spend your time with family first my friend.

KG

Kang_Gun Nov 8, 2008 6:24pm | Post# 143

Dear Thread,

Has anybody considered taking X-over/unders of the RS currency lines? It appears on the original basket trading indicator that once currency lines cross they continue to
diverge for a tradeable while.

Lenoxer
Yes... i plan to suggest crossing strategy toofor the ea. So the ea will open & close a trade base on crossing line at Time Frame that we choose. EA must works for multipairs, and we have an option to choose using current or previous bar conditions. Do you have any idea?

But we only have Matrixebiz and ForexFLASH here... hope other coders will help us soon.

KG

Kang_Gun Nov 8, 2008 10:29pm | Post# 144

Manual Test For Next Week

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

Next week I will do manual testing to fill the basket (Use Demo account). Rules is very simple, I will use Highest_Lowest_Index indicator to detect which currency will be trade.

Rules :

1. When a currency is highest (strongest) from M1,M5,M15,M30,H1 & H4, i will open the currency using Strongest script.

2. When a currency is lowest (weakest) from M1,M5,M15,M30,H1 & H4, i will open the currency using Weakest script.

All script already set by groups and Profit_take = 15. We will execute immediatly after all the conditions is match. I hope you all could do this test too, please use your demo account and post your result or anything related to this manual testing.

I haven't test the script, if you know how to code please check the scripts. I'm affraid i made a mistake to the codes.

Thanks,

KG

PS: Copy all script (mq4) to your metatrader\expert\scripts folder. Restart your meta and done.
Strongest_Lowest_Script.zip

matrixebiz Nov 8, 2008 10:52pm | Post# 145

WOW.. very fast. Thank you matrixebiz.
So, this ea immediatly will open a trade when the conditions is match?
If yes... cool we'll test it too next week.

Have you code Formula_2 MTF inside this EA or we still need Formula_2 MTF indicator?

Hei... it's sunday ... take a rest and spend your time with family first my friend.

KG
Yes, as soon as all conditions are met, trades will be placed. By default it will check for conditions within the first half hour of the 4H bar open which you can change to how ever long you want. You still need Formula_2 MTF in your indicators folder.
Yes, time to take a break

Kang_Gun Nov 9, 2008 2:59am | Post# 146

Yes, as soon as all conditions are met, trades will be placed. By default it will check for conditions within the first half hour of the 4H bar open which you can change to how ever long you want. You still need Formula_2 MTF in your indicators folder.
Yes, time to take a break
Again thank you... that options will help.

see you next monday

KG

matrixebiz Nov 9, 2008 10:46am | Post# 147

1 Attachment(s)
My screen resolution is small on my laptop (1024X768), which indicator can I use that only shows + and - (using your formula MA calculations) for each Currency and Timeframe?
So I can make sure my EA is working correctly, I would like to be able to see on my chart, M1 USD + or -, M15 USD + or -, etc... for all currencies and TF's.

Thank you

EDIT: I guess the pic attached is what I'm looking for but can you remove D1, W1 and MN for me? the values on this indicator shows the same values as Formula_2 correct?
Name:  mtf currency.JPG
Views: 3815
Size:  9 KB

Kang_Gun Nov 9, 2008 11:56am | Post# 148

My screen resolution is small on my laptop (1024X768), which indicator can I use that only shows + and - (using your formula MA calculations) for each Currency and Timeframe?
So I can make sure my EA is working correctly, I would like to be able to see on my chart, M1 USD + or -, M15 USD + or -, etc... for all currencies and TF's.

Thank you

EDIT: I guess the pic attached is what I'm looking for but can you remove D1, W1 and MN for me? the values on this indicator shows the same values as Formula_2 correct?
Check your email, please

KG

matrixebiz Nov 9, 2008 12:15pm | Post# 149

Thanks man

qwerty777 Nov 9, 2008 3:15pm | Post# 150

Kang_Gun

(sorry for my english) Hello Kang_Gun, i read your threads on FF, i think you are good man and you do a lot of hard work. Now i follow Relative Strength Basket Trading System, i think it is very promissing. I want develop some kind of system based on Basket Strength and i want to ask you help me a little, please post here mq4 file of CCFp_Experiment indicator. I hope you can help me. Thanks a lot.

© Forex Factory